Clemens Praise

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Nov 19, 2007.

1. wayne

wayne Member

The 15-16 yard scamper @ the end of regulation says volums 2 me. If that was Chad I would have been sure that he would have injured himself. I have heard comparisonc of KC to big Ben & I agree. While Kellen isnt as big he does have (or seems to have) good pocket precense & can deliever the ball downfield there after.
    While we all know its 2 early 2 announce him as the next Namath... the kid does have what it takes. He's a gammer. Add a young 6'3+ the recieving corp & next season we will all be grinning.
    & yes he has earned praise & the starting job IMOHO

2. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

The best team we beat in 2 years??? I guess you forgot about the New England game last year in Foxboro!!!! what planet are you on?

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Mudd bowl didn't impress me. If it was not a monsoon it would have ended 30-10 Ne as it always does.

4. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Again like i already have said, people tend to forget what this thread is all about!!! We are not talking about how we hope he will get better in accuracy and decision making in the future, we are talking about the game that he just played. And the bottom line is he played a below average game.

5. largojetfan

largojetfan Member

Can someone explain to me why Clemens loves B Smith so much? A young QB should be looking for his go to guy. That should be Cotchery

6. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

So a game in which we could have easliy lost and actually gave up the lead impresses you, but going to NE and beating them doesnt? ahhhhhh i see where your coming from now.

7. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Okay heres some praise regarding his performance yesterday. Kellen Clemens showed incredible poise while facing the statistical #1 defense in the entire NFL. He didn't wilt under pressure and showed an ability to bounce back from mistakes without going into a shell nor trying to do too much while leading our team on a great comeback drive.

His performance yesterday should have earned him the respect of his teamates and the coaching staff. Watching the game itself - and not the stats - it was clear to see that Kellen Clemens had himself a very good performance. He clearly exceeded any reasonable expectations yesterday with his play.

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Chad didnt lead the Jets at the end of the Cincy game with a game tying drive, did he now? I hope you see the difference...

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He probably just likes to throw to open receivers.

10. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I really do hope he learns how to catch because he has shown an almost uncanny ability to get separation from the DB.

11. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

No he didnt but lets not foget the Defense let us down in that game.

12. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I thought Clemens played average too. Seeing yesterday's game proves we still need a no. 3 receiver. I don't think Smith and especially McCareins are it.

13. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

He qbd against the number 1 defense in the league and won. Enough said.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Lets also remember that Chad was playing against the worst defense in the league, and Kellen was playing against the best defense in the league. It's obvious you arent aware of that...

15. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Ok again im not knocking clemens and this thread keeps getting pushed off track. We are talking about one game and IMO i felt he didnt have a good game. I'm not talking about his future and what he can become, im talking about one game. And if he were to play every week like that trust me he wont be in the NFL that long.

16. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

We get it you like Kellen, His play yesterday by no means anoints him the new qb. Defense won it this week. A game that Chad could have one too. Right now all Kellen is ,mis a change and if that works great. But until I see some more yardage and a few more Td's , jury is still out for me. It aint like he has come out lightin it up...Prolly getting held back some from coaches for sure but our future....hmmmmmmmmm

17. Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks Member

No, Chad wouldn't have won this one.. Not saying that Clemens played great, but too many times, we've seen Chad in the same situation Clemens was in yesterday. In the last drive, Chad would've thrown one of those balls to the sideline again, the corner would've jumped the route, and we would see him dancing his way to the endzone. Look at the Giants game, Cincy, Buffalo.. No reason to believe he would've done what KC did yesterday.

18. Greatful Jethead

Nope not quite enough...Even the best teams have down games.Teams aint exactly gettin pumped up to play us Team came out flat and thought we sucked worse than we do. How many years have we had a great team and lost games we should have won..Let me answer that for you...ALL OF THEM. Don't get all excited over 50% completion with a 1 yard td and a stupid interception. Too early to tell . Lets just say he aint exactly lightin it up. Will be interesting to see what he can do against an average team.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The defense played great yesterday, and Clemens overall play was average at best but still better than what I would have expected from Chad. The ~90 yard drive at the end of regulation against the best D in the league to tie the game (should have won it but Smith dropped a very catchable ball) was certainly impressive. He showed a lot of poise getting it done there.

20. Greatful Jethead

Ok, I am saying we dont run that punt back we lose. Remember how well it went at the end of regulation