Call of Duty 4

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LockDown24, Nov 5, 2007.

1. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Got it last Sunday and already racked up 17+ hours on multiplayer. I'm up to level 34 (rank: Major).

I guess it goes without saying, but the game is absolutely awesome. My only complaint is that it's a bit too easy to kill in multi-player. This is my first CoD game, and I'm still used to the MOHAA mechanics.

Anyway, my kill:death ratio is 1910:1713 so far. It's pretty pathetic, I know, but I'm steadily getting better. I love completing the challenges and decking out my inventory. That has got to be the best addition to online shooters ever. Oh yeah, and 'martyrdom' rocks.

2. rillo

rillo New Member

Can you play campaign also...or just multiplayer versus?

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You can play cooperative campaign as well, but not online.

Man I love the onlien set-up, it really gives you something to play for. The unlocking guns and game modes is a great idea....it would be super cool if they add more stuff in the future that yu can unlock, be it maps or weapons or whatever.....this game's great online.

I usually hate the objective games, like capture the flag or whatever, but I really like it on this one.

4. rillo

rillo New Member

Damn...i'll pass then

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

What's so special about playing co-op online with someone you don't know? You can play the same story line by yourself offline....it's super short anyways.

6. rillo

rillo New Member

I play with people I know...and sometimes I don't. I enjoy playing campaigns over LIVE I think thats an added bonus compared to every other FPS out there that only has versus mode on LIVE....that gets old quick IMO. Halo 3 LIVE campaign was fun...but the multiplayer versus is the same shit to me. Plus 12yo's piss me off. LOL

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

I hate playing on XBL in a party of my friends bigger than 2. If it's just 2 of us we go into private chat so we don't have to deal with the 12 year olds. If there's more of us... I just mute everyone else on the team. Some of them are sooo fucking annoying.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Ya that makes sense. I have never tried an online campaign....I havent seen as many kids so far online, I guess most of them are stil on Guitar Hero 3...instead you get a lot of idiots rapping to their music while u play, then turning it up and putting the mic near the speaker so everyone hears it.....gay.......

also, it is surprising how many guys with kids are playing online, telling their kid to put something down or not eat something as they play....not a big deal if there's a wife there to take the kid but if you're the lone handler, maybe it's time to put down the controller...

9. rillo

rillo New Member

Totally agree.

10. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

yo martyrdom is so lame! i hate it so much. It is so gay that u just drop a grenade and get cheap kills. No offense to u or anything, but it is the one perk i hate. Ppl just run up to u, hip fire and if they die, they just lay the grenade and a lot of times you'll die. I hate it so much.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

How do you get that? is it an add-on or something? If so, that's gay.....for the last few days I have realsied that there are always grenades everywhere...and yeah, you do die a lot after killing someone. Luckily, it's based on XP and not kill-death ratio.

I agree that its a little easy to kil people, but the respawn is fast so...

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I use it when I'm in a close combat zone because you get lil camping fags who sit in the fukin corner like scared little girls.
    I rush and Shoot. If they kill me it makes them move.
    I hate campers more than martyrdom.

Also, It's so easy to get away from if unless you're either camping or don't know how to run.

13. plasticsloth

it's a perk. You get it after a certain amount of levels. Last stand is so much better because it actually involves some skill

14. plasticsloth

yea i run away most of the time. But the annoying thing is if the vast majority of the team does it so there are grenades everywhere. It gets so freaking annoying after a while and i really get pissed when i have a good streak ended by a cheap kill like that.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Yeah no shit man.....you nade 2 of their guys and all of a sudden there's 2 grenades on the floor about to go off....in games like domination and headquarters where peopel are defending a flag and you have to claim it, you get the desperation grenades from the defenders you kill, plus the thrown grenades from their teammates, it sort of makes it a joke. You get a coupel solid kills then everywhere you turn there's grenades on the ground.

16. Tight

Tight Active Member

everybody who played halo moved onto cod4..... only 171,000 online today

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Peopel are quitting Halo 3 online to play COD? Why....I though it is awesome....

By the way, what levels are you guys up to?

I am at 20 but havent been able to play as much as I want to.....this is one of the most fun and interesting multiplayer setups ever....

18. jetsaholic1094

OMG, thank you! I can't understand the lure of "camping". It's seriously the most pussy thing you can do in FPS games...especially when the guns are already so powerful in this game. What's even worse is when you run into a room of a fucking ARMY of campers. So lame.

Oh, and to those complaining about 'martyrdom', I don't think it's particularly that cheap. In fact, I find it hilarious. Only idiots fall for those (unless you're in that insanely small map, which is the only exception in which martyrdom becomes cheap)...I always manage to escape them just fine.

When I first heard about the perk, I couldn't help but think of it as the creator's sly way of implementing an 'anti-teabag' mechanism. =)

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

20. jetsaholic1094

There's like only one map so far where that's an issue. Any other map, if you get taken down by martyrdom, you're just a noob or an idiot...or possibly both. I hate it when people bitch about that in game, too. RUN AWAY FROM IT. Then you won't blow up, silly.

I usually don't use martyrdom anymore in favor of better perks, but I like to tack it on every now and then just for shits and giggles. And like Royal said, it's particularly effective against a room full of gay campers. Just run in there kamikaze-style, take out as many as I can, and let the martyrdom clean the rest up.