Your top 5 games of all time...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tight, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

We had this thread before and im curious to see what People say now...

My list in no particular orde..

1.. Turtles in Time (SNES/Arcade)
    Ridiculously fun game doing the same combo over and over never got old... I think im going to download it right now actually..

2.. Bioshock (Xbox 360)
    Great game, intuitive story, great combat.. Ridiculous graphics.. I can hope for a part 2, cant I ?

3. Zelda : Ocarina of time (Nintendo 64)
    No comment needed, probably one of the best games ever made...

4. Mario Kart ( Nintendo 64)
    How could you not like this game, I played this game for so long for so many days I can still hear the theme song in my head some nights...

5. Resident Evil 4 ( playstation 2)

Wow leon is a bad ass... Kicks the ass out of zombies , guns galore... Boy do I hate the presidents daughter though...

Honorable mention

Devil may cry, halo 2, Viewtiful Joe, Metal gear solid 2, max payne, madden 06... Gta san andreas

2. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

1. Quake 2

2. Asheron's Call I and II

3. Duke Nukem 3D

4. Warcraft 2

5. Starcraft/Brood War

Unreal Tournament(all of them) in a close 6th ;)

All for PC of course

3. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

In no order:

--Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (or whatever the SNES one was called)
    This game was too good, especially for its time.

--Super Metroid (SNES)

--MK II (Arcade)
    Arcade days were fun times.

--Killer Instinct 1 (Arcade)
    Insane gameplay at that time, great graphics, and it was supposed to be released for "Ultra 64," (N64) but never did.

--Resident Evil 4

IMO, you can play a "great" game through over and over again, which is why I chose those games. Greatest replay value

4. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

1) Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1 and remake on PSP)
    -Full of unique challenges and definitely in the top 2 or 3 most difficult RPG's I have ever played.

2) Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
    -Greatest game to play with your friends, ever. I can't wait for Brawl.

3) NCAA Football (PS2)
    -Any of them. I wouldn't want to count the hours that I've logged doing everything in that game... I've taken UCLA, Penn State, and Navy through at least 5 years of a franchise mode, and I've played thousands of single games.

4) Pacman/Ms. Pacman (Arcade)
    -A classic. My personal best is about 70,000

5) Wii Sports (Wii)
    -Enough said

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

1) Tecmo Bowl (NES) Quite simply the best football game from my childhood

2) Coach K Basketball (Sega Genesis) Hate the guy; love the game

3) Mike Tyson's Punchout (NES) Still lots of fun, timeless characters like Glass Joe, Little Mac, Super Machoman and King Hippo

4) Super Mario Bros. (NES) The original and the game that started the video game craze.

5) Street Fighter II (SNES) Spent days playing the game with family and friends and days really seemed like hours

Honorable mention: NHLPA 94 (Genesis), Mortal Kombat (various systems) , NCAA Football (various systems), Tony Hawk (various systems) , Castlevania Simon's Quest (NES) and Megaman 2 (NES)

6. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

In no order

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    Warcraft III (PC)
    Super Smash Bros. (N64)

7. Deestheman

Deestheman New Member

This list is top notch. However, how could you forget Contra?!! Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A, Select (for 2 players), Start.

8. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Warhammer 40,000

monopoly

No limit hold'em

Magic:The Gathering

Battletech

Oh.....you meant video games?:lol: :breakdance:

9. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Crusin' USA Arcade - I don't know why but I could play this all day

Mutant League Football Sega - I wish they would make another one of these even if it was only a DS version

Final Fantasy III SNES - The game that got me playing RPGs

Chrono Trigger SNES - The only game I have ever played all the way through more than 10 times.

Super Mario RPG SNES - Mario + Square = One of the best games of all-time

Honorable Mentions - Burnout 3, Madden 04, Pokemon series, & the other Final Fantasies

10. Deestheman

Deestheman New Member

After Burner
    Strider
    Outrun
    Super hang-on were the arcade games that I could play all day.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

In order that is a really hard one for me...bu I will try

1. Madden - PS2/XBOX/PS3 - I don;t think I need to name a particular year, the game really doesn't change that much. I have had many a memorable battle with good friends and roomates on this game, time I enjoyed during my 4 years of university that I'd kill to relive now. This game has also cost me a lot of time and frustration online, as well as joys of victory...but they need to stop the cheating.

2. Socom 2 - PS2 - Socom 1 was the firs onlien gmae I ever played, but Socom 2 was when I REALLY got into it. Played the shit outta this game man....

3. Resident Evil 2 - PS2 - this game sort of exposed me to the world of non-sports games....I loved it, RE became my favourite series after that.

4. Fusion Frenzy - XBOX - There is no better game in the world for sitting around with a bunch of ppl drinking, getting stoned, and playing this game. Pre-bar, after the bar, or just chilling on any given day, this game is the ultimate fun game that everyone can play...it used to get intense!

5. Guitar Hero - PS2/PS3 - This could certainly be up higher, but it has not been around as long and I didn't get it until I was out of school, so I have to play it by myself. An awesome, truly groundbreaking game.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

What do you like so much about the new CoD that puts it in that list? I rented it last week and bought it today, but the story line was very short albeit there were some cool missions. The online play is pretty good, but I have reservations. for me, it is very good, but a long way out of my top 5, requires more time and enjoyment first.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

-COD4 {Single player on Veteran is INCREDIBLE!!!}
    -NFL 2k5 {Possibly the greatest Sports title ever made.}
    -Gears of War
    -Starcraft

* HM= R63 Black Arrow& Vegas

14. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

starcraft - multiplayer is sick. It's a national sport in South Korea.
    ff7 - the best rpg I've played (and I've played a bunch)
    baldur's gate - amazing interpretation of d&d. I can still remember the sound track.
    mario 64 - first true 3d platformer. So much fun.
    halo 2 - first true console multiplayer shooter. Online was insane during it's hayday. So many playlists and maps; which Halo 3 currently lacks.

15. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

You are correct, sir! Have you tried multiplayer yet? One of the best online FPS experiences I've had in a while. Gimme the run down on your stats...we should play some time.

Right now, I logged in about 25+ hours (and I got this game a week ago today, mind you). I'm around level 44 (Brig. Gen. II). My kill:death ratio is pathetic right now, but I'm steadily progressing. It's around 3000 kills to 2500 deaths.

Anyway, here's my list (I don't think it changed since the last thread):

1. Final Fantasy Tactics - (PS1) I'm a big fan of strat-RPGs, and this is as good as it gets. Epic story, insanely deep character setups, and flawless gameplay. Epic, epic, epic.

2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - (N64) Methinks that new Twilight Princess will surpass this, but I've yet to play it. This game was revolutionary for its time, and it's still awesome to play even to this day. Some of the best (and some of the most frustrating) dungeons to date.

--There's a big gap from #1 and 2 from the rest of the pack--

3. Chrono Cross - (PS1)
    4. Okami - (PS2)
    5. Rainbow Six - (PC) Newer FPS have come and replaced it (MoH:AA, and now CoD4), but this was the game that got me into more tactical shooters as opposed to DOOM type games (which also probably deserves a spot somewhere up here).

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

All of the 2K football games are great...I hate EA for buying the NFL rights.

ESPN Football was so much better than Madden.

17. Ryan

Ryan Banned

I never got to try the All pro 2k8 - anyone know if that was any good?

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

IMO , It is awesome.

The fact that you build your team w/ greats of the past and have a playbook + replays on demand that can be saved. There are so many things from the 2k5 version that made this title just as fun.

The only thing I miss is the customized stadium soundtrack from 2k5 where you can have the Intro song, edit any part of the music from your HDD and use it anywhere in the game i.e. 2 min warning, sack song, int song etc...