Reasonable Off-season moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JCotchrocket, Nov 8, 2007.

1. rillo

rillo New Member

Wow...i didn't hear about this...just made me sick to my stomach. What BS!

2. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I like the way you think.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Here we go again. The only way the Jets have a successful offseason is to completely revamp the defense, starting with the line. The Jets don't need a running back - they need an impact game-changing front seven player on defense. You can pick up Faneca and draft McFadden and they can both stand on the sidelines watching the other team's offense run of consistent 7- yard 8 minute drives and gain 150 yards rushing and 400 yards of total offense. Those guys won't help if they can't get on the field and the Jet defense can't get off the field. It doesn't matter who plays offense for this team right now. I agree that the OL needs an upgrad and Faneca would be a good pick up, but the defense has to be the focus of the offseason, and not just with middle round draft picks.

4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

or trading away other picks to reel in that special skill player. ( unless he is a monster fat body in the middle of our d-line.)

5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

drafting a running back isnt goin to help...we need to improve our defence..we need a NT...im hearing good things bout that kid frank okam..

#25 nevbeats319, Nov 10, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  6. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

From who? Because all I'm hearing are bad things, unless he has a great combine, he'll probably fall to round 2.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Day 1 pick should go to D. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets draft NT, OLB and CB in day 1. If they trade down and snag a DE, even better.

8. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

If we're looking for a NT in the draft, Okam is a little skinny. Isn't that kid from Texas A&M over 350? We could probably nab him in the second round...

McFadden!

9. JCotchrocket

Think about it this way: What has been the greatest thing about being a Jets fan since the Namath era ended?

Answer: Curtis Martin. What's wrong with building a team around a running back?

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And watch him at the side line, looking at the porous defense getting raped 45 minutes per game so he can play some 15 minutes of offense?

#30 Zach, Nov 10, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  11. tbruner12

it would have been nice to have used that 2nd rounder on something other than jones last year. then this pick would have been an easy one. more proof our management sucks, mangini included!!!i

12. JCotchrocket

Curtis Martin was the best defensive player the Jets ever had.

13. CPenn10

CPenn10 New Member

I don't think it's fair to label Jones a bust. It's hard to be a thousand yard plus rusher when you don't get 20 or more carries in a game. If you're going to blame anyone for Jones' lack of productivity, point to Schottenheimer throwing the ball roughly four billion times a game.

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Yes because waiting until day 2 to address the Oline worked out so well this year. I don't mind going NT or DE in round 1, but then round 2 needs to be Oline (this would change depending on any free agent moves made).

15. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Why cant the Jets get Mcfadden?? I don't see why Jets fans we say no.
    Is it only me or is this team god awful to watch?? How about some excitement? How about a playmaker?????
    The Jets wont solve their defensive problems with this draft alone. Give us Jets fans something to cheer about
    GIVE US MCFADDEN and his PLAYMAKING ability!

16. Ciorson

Ciorson New Member

I'm sure the staff would love to find a NT in the first two rounds (day one), but I'm not sure anyone worthwhile is available. NT is probably the most difficult position to fill of all, and you don't want to draft someone too high that is just so-so.

I agree with the desire though. I'm guessing pass-rushing OLB in the first because its a good match of available talent and need. Probably want to trade down a little to do it though.

17. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

what round do you guys think that dude lawrence jackson will be selected? hes a DE for USC

18. Pride

Pride New Member

How I see it:
    A)there isnt a nose worthy w/ our first rounder
    B)Were not solving all our line woes on both sides through the draft
    C)You take McFadden before a linemen where we pick. I see good 3-4 OLB's get drafted mid to late first every year. Where do you ever see a McFadden figure past the mid first?

19. tbruner12

i didnt call him a bust, i was just refering to the front office idea of him being part of the long term plan... which he doesnt fit. or the short term plan to help us compete now (which we havent), either case a bad move! if our team is trying to rebuild, my 13 year old son makes better decisions on madden!!!!!!

20. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

A DO-OVER? Lets just say we F@^ked up last draft totally! We didn't finish the O-line,no DT,WR,QB,RB( we got one via FA ). Man where do I start. DT,Guard, RT, Guard ( 2 of them ), WRs( we need 2 ),QB . 4 those who THINK this was a good draftpast think again. NUFF SAID! We needed to finish the OL,DL,WR and QB positions 2 even go 8-8. So whoever was in charge of the last draft Needs 2 B fired period, no do-overs in the NFL. That was it, we F*#ked the draft!