We will have a decent to great chance of landing Mcfadden... Question is will we bite

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Nov 5, 2007.

1. SUorangefootball

SUorangefootball New Member

McFadden isn't even the best RB in this draft, Mark my words Jonathan Stewart will be the best RB from this draft.

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Mark my words, you're going to be wrong

3. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Considering Jones is averaging 3.8 ypc and has 608 yards rushing, this statement is quite asinine.

4. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

we should trade down to like 20 and get steve slaton, he will be just as good as mcfadden, u heard it here first

5. No RB is not a priority.

W/ that said, aside from perhaps Brick, Mangold and Rhodes, every single starting spot on this team can stand to be upgraded. Yes, the lines are the 2 biggest issues currently for this team. But we STILL have a need for a true playmaker on offense capable of making a big play out of nothing.

McFadden is such an elite prospect, that IMO if he's there when we pick...and we dont get a significant amount from a trade..we hafta take him.

Consider this: As poor as our OL is...when SD selected Tomlinson, their OL was even worse. That's worked out pretty well for them dont ya think?

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

At Height: 6-2
    Weight: 205 lbs

McFadden has CM size. I like to see him gain a bit of weight, but I think he could be a differnce maker; of course this means nothing if we do not address our defensive line and acquire som more beef on the O-line.

I have to watch a few Arkansas games before the end of this year to really see him in action.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Tomlinson hasn't worked out all that well. SD hasn't sniffed a SB and for the most part has underperformed the last few years. They might well have been better off with a less than elite running back and a couple of really good WR or CB?

8. They've been contenders on a yearly basis, and he's been a big part of that.

The WR arguement I can buy(ALthough they just got Chris Chambers and Vincent jackson is pretty good as well). But as for CB's...they've drafted 3 in the 1st round over the last few years. Quentin Jammer, Sammy Davis, and Cromartie. Unfortunately none of them have truly panned out.

9. Thomas144

Thomas144 Member

Incidentally, this could be further incentive for the Patriots to lose to the Jets. Not only would it probably convince the Jets to keep Mangini as head coach for another year, but it might very well drop them below San Francisco in the first round.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He'd be limping already after getting leveled a few times due to his upright running stance and the Jets inability to make holes.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

no way, man. just picture SD without Tomlinson.

i'll admit he started slowly this year, but he has won them games before, numerous numerous times. there's nothing more important than that, so if it's possible to acquire a guy who does that consistently, you gotta do it.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

When you say contenders they have made the playoffs twice in what 12 years and were one and done both times.

13. I agree he'd likely be injured..but I think he'd still be having some success cutting things to the outside. He's got some crazy jukes and cuts that allow him to cut things outward in a half a second.

14. You've got a point.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the guy has helped them win alot of football games...and that overtime they've built a quality O-line AROUND him.

If anything, we already have 2 young potential blue chippers on our OL. After adding D mac..we can fill in those other spots w/ linemen who fit his running style.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Don't we have 7-8 more picks this draft to address the Offensive line without letting a Franchise running back get out of our grasp? Do we have to watch yet another player go someplace else and become a star?

16. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

i cannot argue with that, but with the right tackle, we need a tackle right off the bat to be better than clement. not a rookie who needs a year to settle in then another year to be good. in those two years a defensive player can plaster clemens and he may get hurt, we have to protect clemens he is our future.

17. jetglass

jetglass New Member

Going after Mcfadden is probably the dumbest thing this organization can do in next year's draft. Why dont we also try to Trade for Lt and Adrian Peterson as well and again neglect our o-line? Can you imagine how much worse this team would have been last year and also this year if we traded our picks for Bush and didnt have Mangold and dbrick either? RB's are of almolst no importance if you dont have anyone to block for him. Then you got to factor in that we already have 2 solid rb's.

If this team does not draft lineman next year on both sides of the ball, they may as well just skip next season and gear up for 2009.

18. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

So you mean this is not MADDEN and you win NFL games in the trenches? What a novel idea.

19. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

How many rounds is the draft again? Is there a problem with taking Linemen from the second rd down?

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i know, wtf?

i guess the first round pick is the only one we have so we better get ONE pretty good lineman.