We will have a decent to great chance of landing Mcfadden... Question is will we bite

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Nov 5, 2007.

1. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

btw am i the only one, that already sees hiself colapsing in front of the screen, when draft day has come and the Jets pass on McFadden?

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am not sure how up to dat KFFL is but I think these guys are all available:

Terrell Suggs OLB / DE UFA
    Derek Anderson QB (RFA)
    Jusitn Smiley OG (UFA)
    Demmorio Williams LB (UFA)
    Mike Rucker DE (UFA)
    Charles Tillman CB (UFA)
    Stacey Andrews OT (UFA)
    Jamal Lewis RB (UFA)
    Patrick Crayton WR (UFA)
    Brandon Stokely WR (UFA)
    Jason Elam K (UFA)
    Montrae Holland OG (UFA)
    Dre' Bly CB (UFA)
    Pat Williams DT (UFA)
    Mike Vrabel LB (UFA)
    Randle Gay CB (UFA)
    Justin Fargas RB (UFA)
    LJ Smith TE (UFA)
    Alan Faneca OG (UFA)
    Max Starks OT (UFA)
    Michael Turner RB (UFA)
    Lorenzo Neal FB (UFA)

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Not at all. I will collapse on my floor as well. After the Warren Sapp Fiasco I have learned to keep a bottle of Whiskey on had for all Drafts!

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hell, if Detroit can draft three WRs in 3 seasons with their #1 pick and get better in the process with all the holes they had then we ought to be able to draft 1 RB and do the same.

5. brettbrettr

brettbrettr New Member

You guys are smoking a massive amount of very good crack if you think for one second that Suggs won't be tagged and unobtainable.

6. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

Dont be surprised if Suggs, Smiley, Andrews, and Gay end up here.

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'll pass. Jones and Leon is a great combo as it is. The problem is our line can run block, and our d-line just sucks all around. We have to go d-line first pick, Dorsey?

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That would be expensive and so far, at least, this FO hasn't shown the stomach to spend like that in FA.

9. hazmat

hazmat New Member

With our line issues if we didn't took a running back in the first round I would stop rooting for this team. Running backs are a dime a dozen and only as good as the line in front of them. Right now we can't stop the run and we can't run the ball so why the F$CK WE WOULD EVER CONSIDER TAKING A RB IN THE FIRST ROUND??????????????????????/

10. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

it would be so tempting to get mcfadden but with so many needs we might need to trade down or acquire another #1. nope we take mcfadden and call the draft a success!

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

NNNNNNNNNNNOooooooooooooooooooooooo

jil

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Good god, if we do anything with a number 3 pick it's trade down. Take a runningback with number 3??? That'll fix our defense?!

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

just so i get my %^^*& point across........

one pro bowl RB is not going to make a differnence folks......

However....IIIFFFF the jets make a huge splash along the Oline in free agency with at least 2 new starting lineman my arm could be twisted...

BUT - you just gave thomas jones a wad of cash and leon washington will demand some more coin in a year or 2.....so you also have to deal out a top 5contract for another RB...

i still hope it wont happen but the jets will do everything they can to make it look like they will bite - hence attracting some offers from other desperate teams

jil

14. As many spots as we need to fill and as big of an advocate as I am in upgrading both our lines...McFadden is too good to pass on.

Case and point: In 00 SD was even WORSE shape than we were. they had holes absolutely everywhere. They traded down a spot and took the BPA who was alittle known RB named Ladanian Tomlinson. He's now their franchise player who allowed them to built an entire team around him.

McFadden is the best RB prospect SINCE Tomlinson(yes an even better prospect than Peterson)

You have to pull the trigger if he's there.

15. nico002

nico002 New Member

We don't need a running back.

A great OL and passing game will generate a beast running game with Jones/Leon as our tandem.

RBs are too injury prone and too replaceable to be drafted in the top 5 IMO.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

What many posters are missing is that the core of our team (aside from Coles is very young. We do not have to win now. If we get McFadden, we have some offensive firepower along with two building blocks for our OL and a young QB that may work out for us:

LT D'Brick (2006)
    C Mangold (2006)
    QB Clemens (2006)
    WR # 1 Coles (2000)
    WR # 2 Cotchery (2005)

MLB Harris (2007)
    CB (# 1 or # 2?) Revis (2007)
    S Rhodes (2005?)
    Bryan Thomas OLB (2003?) - this one is iffy

KR Justin Miller (2005) and Leon Washington (2006)

The offense needs fewer pieces and can be outstanding within two years (if we focus our resources there). The defense needs 7 - 8 starters replaced. Also, many of the existing starters will need a big payday to stay here so we can't count on them for depth.

If we can be serious SB contenders in 2009 or 2010, I can live with another year with a weak defense. Using our high draft pick to add a band aid for our defense may not help us next year anyway.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If we get that high of a pick then I say trade down under any circumstance. If the Jets intend to stick with the 3-4 then we can't draft a few players, we need to do an all out overhaul. The only real lock to stick in our front 7 is David Harris... the rest need to be replaced if possible. Trade down out of top 5 or top 10, and stockpile as many picks as possible. Hell, even do what the Pats did and trade a first round pick for a 2nd round pick and a first next year.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You know how many times I've heard about these 'can't-miss' guys that you just HAVE to pull the trigger on and it turns out to be a bunch of nonsense? Every single year, Kurt.

19. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

The 'fins won't pass on McFadden with the Ronnie Brown injury. Cameron, assuming he is still there, knows the importance of a versatile gamebreaker. I would see it as a simliar situation to Bush-McAllister (write down to the torn ACL).

20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

The Dolphins will take a QB no matter what. They almost have to after the Ginn Debacle. St. Louis definitely won't take a RB. Which means McFadden falls to us. You HAVE to take him because he's the BPA. I wouldn't complain much with Chris Long, but you really gotta take McFadden. Then you have 3 solid RBs. Trade Thomas Jones for a defensive player or a draft pick. Same goes for Vilma. Same goes for Pennington. Shore up the D with trades. Get a franchise RB. Draft a couple Olinemen. Now you're talking about a team.