11/4/07 Jets vs. Redskins Postgame Positives!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Lord, Nov 4, 2007.

1. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Anyone got any ideas?

Here's a starter: Clemens looks good when it comes to poise...all placement could have been a litttttle better but honestly he was better than Pennington.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i tell you what folks KC appears to have decent pocket presence - reminds me a little of marino........

marino never had good wheels but he could side step with the best of them and always avoid a sack by a hair.

KC has some wheels as well

give this guy some protection and the results will come.

jil

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Kellen was very impressive for his 2nd NFL start.
    Harris continued his good play.
    Jason Campbell and the Washington passing game did very little.
    Graham finally punted well.
    Our return game, again, was very good.

4. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Now a Marino comparison. He's had the Elway, now just Montana and Young to go.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's an original. I can't recall a QB quite like him and usually somebody pops to mind.

I was thinking Tarkenton earlier today but he's a bit too vertical a runner for that. When he scrambles he turns it up really quickly and doesn't hesitate as he nears the line of scrimmage. Haven't seen him just string a play out forever yet like Tarkenton liked to do.

He's definitely not Marino though. Marino let the ball go so fast it made your head spin. Drop back 1.5 steps and boom it was out. Even the 3 step drops turned into set and throw.

6. NCaprio

NCaprio New Member

I think he played really well. If he continues to play this well, then we have out QB for the future.
    I was actually excited to see a Jets game again.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, Marino's release was second to none, it's hard to compare anyone to that bastard. But I really like what I see from Clemens so far. He's young but it seems like he can learn quickly.

8. Br4d

Yep, I totally agree on both points. The game was interesting to watch again and Clemens looked like he might be something special.

I'm going to tune in to the two likely losses after the bye with something to root for and something to watch for and that's a huge improvement over the season so far.

9. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

he played ok

offense scored 10 pts

he didnt light the world on fire

i was most impressed with his speed and pocket presence

10. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

You know..stop with the comparisions. Kellen Clemens is..well, Kellen Clemens. Once you start making comparisions to greats of the past, you expect them to be like Marino, Montana or Elway.

At this point, let's hope he becomes a winning NFL quarterback.

11. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

For someone who was starting his first game, he showed amazing poise and knowledge of the offense. Let's see what he does when Coles come back. I think he'll be even better.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Some timing issues with his wideouts, I think that will be corrected with time. Some of his throws sailed a little high, but that may be due to jitters. He looked decent to me.

Harris was great again, 20 freakin tackles? Unbelievable.

Didn't see much of Revis, and that may be a good thing, they were not throwing at him that much.

Washington made some nice plays and some nice catches by Brad, who continues to develop.

13. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

another positive was they covered the spread..

14. Trend

Trend Member

Fixed it for you.....:beer:

15. wexy

wexy Member

I was drinking home made wine in central Portugal at my friends village home before heading back to Lisbon and missed watching the game.

16. Br4d

I don't know, he kind of reminds me of Chuck Norris...

LOL.

17. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Revis did an excellent job holding down Moss, as did Dyson when called on... This despite the fact that Campbell had all day to throw most of the times he dropped back.... Moss got away on one in OT, but the ball was overthrown, so we lucked out....

Additionally, Elam played a little better in the secondary... Still, though, he for an aggressive player, cannot jump a pass to save his life.... It's really bizarre....

Rhodes played an excellent game, and almost singlehandedly ended a Washington drive which looked promising....

Jones ran well again but the CS went away from him, again....

McCareins played much better than he did vs Baltimore....

Harris..... Enough said....

A couple complaints....

Offensively, we have two formations, with a few variations on each and lots of unnecessary motion...

We run a single back set and a shot gun.... We run 70% of the time out of the singleback, and pass 80% of the time out of the shotgun....

We NEVER lineup in an I-formation, or a two halfback set....

Now that we got to see the two-minute offense with a QB throwing to the WRs, we see that most of the routes are designed to go 5-10 yards downfield.... It's terrible....

I don't care if we win out, I want a change at offensive coordinator immediately... I brought a friend of mine to the game, who hadn't watched a Jet game all year, and by the middle of the 2nd quarter, he was calling out run or pass as soon as we lined up....

Pathetic....

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Kellen Clemens has a very good arm can make the plays at QB and David Harris is a Wilderbeast other then that we pretty much suck hoagie.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm one of those young punks that never had the priviledge of seeing the man play a lot. :(

20. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Oh, one other positive....

The CROWD!

Despite the fact that there were A LOT of Skins fans there, the Jets fans kept the stadium louder than anyone could ever ask for, considering the team was 1-7 going in...

It was the first game where the crowd felt genuinely excited all year... Even the win vs Miami didn't have the energy this one did...