So, uh, we have a game Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Didn't even hear about that until a few minutes ago.... But that's very good news for us, and Clemens... If the replacement in the starting lineup is as weak as Brady made him look, and assuming Coles is healthy, we'll have more openings in the passing game than I had though...

However, against Landry and Taylor, I am VERY worried about LC's head... Those two can, and do, lay the wood as well as anyone in football, and Coles is only going to last so long taking big hits....

Also, another advantage the starting CB gives us is that they will likely have an inadequate guy as the Nickel corner...

And, while I know we don't have an amazing #3 target, Clemens has a chemistry with Stone Hands McCareins, and I could see things getting opened up for JMac to try and make a few plays this week....

We'll see

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I really hope out staff watches the tape of the skins vs pats carefully.

There are a lot of things our offense can exploint. All we need to do is execute.

3. Mayday

Mayday New Member

How can we execute without good players or coaching though? I mean, this might work for a better team like the Rams, Dolphins, or Bills. But for the Jets? I just don't see it.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Seriously, you take negativity to a whole new level.

5. Mayday

Mayday New Member

One time I drank Kool-Aid-like ration packets that were over 10 years old. They were my wife's. I thought it was new. It was pretty gross.

:shit:

6. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

There is no way we should score 6 points against the Bills even with Chad at Qb. We know the Defense is an issue and it has to be almost totally rebuilt. I really don't think the defense will get it together at all this year.

7. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Fine a way to win this week!!!
    Shit, we are not that bad..

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We just held a team to 13 points? Thats pretty together if you ask me.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No it's not. The defense should be giving up zero points, and scoring at least twice a game. Anything less is unacceptable.

10. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Just held a team to 13 points that started a rookie QB and Rookie RB. We should be very proud. Buffalo is the 30th ranked O in the league for scoring points and they only have to score 42 points this week to catch up to us. Give me a break, we are a defensive Juggernaught.

11. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Buffalo's near the bottom of he league defensively too, and injured beyond all belief, and we couldn't move an inch against them, except, of course, when we gave the ball to TJ...

The point is that the defense performed much better against a poor opponent than the offense

12. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We played Buffalo calm down bro.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm kind of positive going into this game... really looking forward to being there for Clemens' first start. I was there on his first day at TC in '06 too, so it's kind of fitting.

He'll need to settle down, which I think he's capable of. Let's face it, both former game situations in which he was placed weren't exactly ideal. He'll be taking it from the start this time and I think the entire team is going to rally on this.

Yeah, there has always been a lot of Chad supporters, but even Coles is quoted in this morning's Star-Ledger as saying (I'm paraphrasing), "If Chad's cool with this, I am too." I'd be willing to bet a lot of guys in the locker room felt this coming and there may be some who even couldn't wait for it to happen.

I too think the Defense showed up last Sunday and it was definitely our O that let us down. Now they have to step up and both sides of the ball need to show what they're made of.

I believe it was Coles this week that also said, "Anybody can be up for a game when you're on a winning streak, it's the guys who can get up for a game when you're on a losing streak that show what they're made of."

14. Redskins_XLII

Redskins_XLII New Member

Well nobody but the Pats has been able to exploit anything. There are a few reasons for that.... nobody but the Pats have... Brady, Moss, Welker, Stallworth....

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm not going to predict anything about who is going to win or lose this game (IMO with a new QB that would be crazy), but I do not buy the whole "Washington will be pissed" thing at all. Washington might very well kill the Jets because they are a better team, Clemens has a bad game, or Gibbs outcoaches Mangini, but I don't believe it would be because they are going to be pissed.

16. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Or, the Pats know what the defense is going to do.:eek:hmy:
    Spygoat anyone????

17. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Great point! the skins have an offense that can keep our offense off of the field. Since our run defense is less than stellar expect to see Betts and Portis early and often. If we have any shot at this game we will have to stop the run. I remember a game agauinst the Raiders a few yeas ago. On their opening drive the raiders ran the abll 10 -14 straight timnes for a touchdown. I can totally see that happening this week if our run defense does not stiffen up.

18. Redskins_XLII

Redskins_XLII New Member

LoL... I am really not trying to shake the boat but, we lost communications from the QB to the Sideline for alot of the game, as well as from the Coach to the booth sporadically. I also heard early word out of NFL that the Pats intercepted plays.

19. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

No F#$*&^ way? Unbelievable:mad:

20. Redskins_XLII

Redskins_XLII New Member

Yea... Gibbs was pretty upset in the Press conference. Apparently the rules are that if your entire communications do not go down, and you are only missing like QB-Coach or Coach-Booth at one point, the other team does not have to take off their headsets....