pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sethgilistro, Oct 29, 2007.

1. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

To say Pennington is garbage is an attack on him as a person. To say you think he plays like garbage is perfectly fine and your opinion. The thing that I don't understand is was Herm and idiot, is Mangini and idiot, is Ditka an idiot, and is Mora an idiot. They all think he can play. They last time I checked they are/were NFL head coaches, but we can have this argument until we are blue in the face. The bottom line is we will find out in the offseason. If he is not going to be the starter and they can't trade him, they should cut him and then lets see what happens.

Pennington at the most blew 2 games. We had 2nd half 10 point leads in 2 other games and lost. That is on the defense. Even Pennington doesn't blow the 2 games, we are at 3 and 5. If the defense doesn't suck, we are probably 4-4, if hte o-line doesn't suck we could be 5-3.

2. red75bronco

The guy just said we are 5th in the league in 3rd down conversions. What else do you want. I remember the tired defense in Cincy that allowed a 7:45 minute drive after halftime. Must really been tired.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

How many times have we had to throw into prevent defenses this year because we were behind and Captain Check down needs to get seven first downs to get us up the field. Those third down stats are fuzzy mathematics.

4. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Good analysis, I could not agree more. The CS has thrown it all on CPs shoulders and teams know it and are game planning for it. He is a good QB, but when the plan is so one dimensional it would make it difficult for any QB. Chad is a good QB. If he goes somewhere with a good running game and a balanced attack he will do very well.

5. FatStupidLoser

Yeah he got real dumb over the off-season.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This is among some of the more retarded statements. He's not a smart QB anymore? I guess he woke up one morning to find that all the brain cells died off that encapsulated his knowledge for the game. Is that it? Or maybe you have some other more imaginative way to portray it.

I can live with the weak arm bullshit. But he did not become dumb all of a sudden. The guy still knows the game and with the right team can still be a winning QB in this league.

7. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Can we move on? Just a suggestion. Let's play with what we have, just freakin' move on. The objective is to win games, nice guys, nasty guys, a-holes, saints.

Move on, damnit.

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Actually, it's been progressive dumbness ever since his last injury.

9. red75bronco

We are 5th in the league in first downs because we have no running game and the only way to control the ball is with a short passing game. Everything hinges on the o-line. Better o-line, better running game, more play action passes and more TD's in the red zone.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. You shouldn't be getting to Third down that often.

We are roughly 27th in terms of Yards per passing play (not attempt).

And we would be running for more scores, IF...we could throw it in reliably from 10 yards out.

But we can't so we go 3 and FG.

Thats really the problem. Once we get to the 10, Teams know he cant zip the ball to a small opening. So you get 8 man fronts. And FG's

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I hope we dont see a camera shot of Pennington on the side lines wearing his helmet , basically saying put me in coach. If we do see him on the side lines wearing his cap then we know he's fully aware that this is it for him as a jet!

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer. So yes, THAT team Chad could take to a Super Bowl. Most NFL qb's could have. That defense was incredible that year.

13. Redskins_XLII

Redskins_XLII New Member

Yay for NOOOODLE arm.... I think he would do really well w/ the Ravens. Which is why i will not advise the trade, I absolutely hate the Ravens.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Take the prevent defense first downs off Chads stat sheet and we prob move to 25th in that Category as well. We will see starting this week if Chad's inability to stretch the field is a large part of the problem. Even when Chad has gotten protection he has not done a thing this year. They protected him pretty well against the Giants. And what did he do? The Answer is nothing!

15. red75bronco

You mean like we see Kellen every week. When Chad was out he had his helmet on while the offense was on the field. When Chad was playing, Kellen has his helmet on while the offense is on the field. Why would this change?