pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sethgilistro, Oct 29, 2007.

1. neworderdude

neworderdude Member

Correct. it seemed to go down hill for Chad once Martin retired

2. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

I'd cheer like heck.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The NFL has Pennington's number. The same difficulties that hes having right now will follow him where ever he goes! That's why they say the average life span of an NFL player is 3-5 years beyond that point your either a super star or one dimensional ; can we guess what penny is? I haven't really harped on the guy until he began to look repetitive. That's what this offense is right now repetitive the same alignments same set up in the backfield the same all around , then they shock you by using the tight end! We will see who was holding this offense back in a hurry. The scapegoat is benched now its time to see what this coaching staff has to offer!

4. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

If Chad gets to a Superbowl and the game is not against the Jets I will definitly be rooting for him. He will always be one of my favorite players.

5. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

9 tds and 7 ints is not bad ... i would have to say the defense,oline and playcalling is what is missing .... have u watched any of the games... 18 tds and 14 int's for a full season are not bad numbers. have u all been around for the dark ages when we had nagle,odonnell,trudeau,ray lucas etc... 2 of the 4 years we have been to the playoffs with this qb... do u really think it will get much better... doubt it... we had our chance in 02 and 04 and even last year... its all about luck and fielding an all around good team... it doesn't just rest witht he qb man

6. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

i totally agree with you about the playcalling... chad manages the offense to what the coaches want... when he threw that bomb to coles against cinci... i was like that was a 50 yd ball ... he is just limited on the routes they are calling... perfect example was the int at the end of the game... why are u going to call that twice in a row...

7. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I agree with this, the west coast offense is not about throwing the ball down the field, it is about getting the ball to your playmakers in space. Chad could be very good with the Vikings. I do not understand why Shotty calls plays with all the options outside the numbers. I think every pick was outside the numbers. Chad throws crossing routes and seam routes as good as anyone.

One thing people need to remember Chad was the offense. We have 2 rushing touchdowns this year and Chad has 1. You want to blame the lack of success on Chad in the redzone then you don't know anything about football, it is because of the running game. We can move the ball until we get in the red zone. Guess what, there will always be 8 in the box in the red zone and we can't run the ball.

Chad will be a starter next year.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...in the Arena League?

9. Pride

Pride New Member

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :up:

10. red75bronco

Keep hating,

Interesting stat, we are 11 in the league in 3rd down conversions on offense and 31st in the league on defense. Don't win many games that way. What happens if we slip on offense, we start getting blown out.

11. Pride

Pride New Member

Fact or Fiction Chad has been more of the problem this year then the solution?

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's because we don't get any yards on 1st and 2nd down, so we are always left to convert on 3rd down...most teams actually pick up positive yards with their first two plays.

...and I will "keep hating" because Chad Pennington's garbage throws have turned close Jets' games into sure losses.

13. red75bronco

So if we don't get yards on 1st and 2nd down we are faced with 3rd and long and this increases our chances to convert 3rd downs?

Wow, you football knowledge is way too great for me. I guess all teams should take knees on 1st and 2nd so they have a better chance of converting 3rd and 10 because everyone know a team has a better chance at converting 3rd and 10 than 3rd and 2 or 3.

14. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

anyone see pennington completely not see chris baker wide open down the field last sunday, i think it was on a 3rd down in which he had time but throw an out short and behind the reciever, when penny is sharp he sees baker and floats it too him, he doesnt have his normal good vision, proboly bc the oline makes him nervous, whihc isnt an excuse, but a bad oline can turn a good qb shitty very quickly

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Don't be an asshole to me because you said something stupid -- the Jets average 17 first downs a game(god awful)...these aren't earned first downs either, most are GIVEN TO THEM...I don't care what their 3rd percentage is, they still aren't scoring any points. What I was saying was -- We have MORE chances to convert our 3rd downs, because we are ALWAYS in a 3rd down situation, when most GOOD teams are moving the ball and getting first downs on their 2nd and short.

Did you know that we have the 3rd WORST Total Yardage Offense in the NFL?

Did you know that we have the 7th WORST Total Scoring Offense in the NFL?

Did you know that with Pennington, we were averaging UNDER 200 yards passing per game?

Did you know that we have the 4th WORST Time of Possession in the NFL?

We've had the 5th most converted 3rd downs in the NFL, but yet we have one of the worst time of possession averages and we have a Bottom 10 scoring offense?

All of these little stupid percentages don't matter.

#35 Mr Electric, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'd put money on the Panthers or Chiefs going to the playoffs next year if they atleast don't get worse and Chad goes and starts there. He's such a good QB yet, it's a shame that because our line is average right now, our RB's arent doin too well, we have no TE, and we only have 2 WR's that Chad is going to be gone. Now don't get me wrong, he's no top 10 QB but he's surely a good player most of the time. He's just had a few tough breaks this season. The whole team has.

We won't get much better at all with KC starting. However maybe career wise, it's best to start going with him today.

Go Chad! I love ya, you're my favorite player in the NFL and I hope you win the SB some day, whoever it is with.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Panthers will have Jake Delhomme back...and I'm pretty sure John Fox trusts David Carr more than Pennington.

Also, Damon Huard isn't losing games in Kansas City, so he'll probably be around for a while...until Brodie Croyle is ready to take over.

Pennington is garbage - he's smart and a good leader, but he's physical attributes are garbage and every coach in the NFL knows that.

Pennington ended our season by playing terrible in close games and getting picked off for scores...Clemens is coming in too late to turn anything around, but at least he'll be able to develop and we'll be able to see what he's got

18. red75bronco

Did you know that we have the 3rd WORST Total Yardage Offense in the NFL?

We are 17th in yard per attempt in the passing game and 27th in the rushing game. Again this definately points to the QB, not the Line. Guess what happens when you can't run the ball? You can't score in the redzone. Once you get in the redzone, you are going to see 8 man fronts, if you can't run against this you can't be successful in the redzone. We have 10 passing TD, 2 behind the high powered Colts, but 2 rushing TD's and one is by Pennington. This is why we end up kicking FGs.

We've had the 5th most converted 3rd downs in the NFL, but yet we have one of the worst time of possession averages and we have a Bottom 10 scoring offense?

This is exactly correct. If we have converted 1st downs and the offense stays on the field, who is responsible for the terrible TOP, there can only be one other answer, let me guess Defense.

19. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Defense is tired being on the field all the time because the offense can't get a first down..

20. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Im sure teams will be lining up to sign a 31 year old Qb who can't throw or Run! He can get Steve Smith Carried off the field like Coles was last year. It's over!