pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sethgilistro, Oct 29, 2007.

1. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

penny will start somewhere next season and don't be suprised if he manages a talented all around team to the playoffs again. If Dilfer can win a super bowl ... there is no doubt chad can too... every year he has been here something was missing with this team... the only chance in my mind was 2002 when the only team that was better than us was the raiders..

2. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I could realistically see penny in a chiefs or vikings jersey in the future.Not this offseason, even if clemens puts up crazy numbers. He needs to establish himself as starting qb first that takes more than a year, in 09 he could be gone.

3. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

Imagine if Pennington goes to another team, and somehow wins a superbowl, or makes an appearance

4. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

As a backup

5. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

i bet chad is gone next year and on a team that needs a qb with his abilities..there are many good teams out there that could use a smart qb.... cheifs,vikings,panthers,to name a few... these teams have very good defenses and strong running games.... add a pennington and wow we have three playoff teams

6. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

He didn't do it here and we had a good running back. Comes back to his arm strength. Everyone knows he can't throw long, so they will play him the same anywhere he goes..

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

He is a top 32 QB in the league, but with this team this year he cannot help. Chad needs a team with a strong and consistent running game so that he does not have to be the main threat, but can hurt a team if they forget about him. Chad can make clutch plays when the situation is right, but I don;t think he can carry an offense on his back.

We have to keep in mind that this offense is nowhere near the upper echelon in the league.

8. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

yes we have jones but we dont have blockers... there are 2 parts to a running game... not just the rb...our oline has played very bad this year and is very weak at the point of attack... we need some nasty maulers who can push the pile

9. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I don't understand the need to do this.You can discount Dilfer to try and build up Chad, but that is the most clutch season I have ever seen out of a journey man QB. He was asked to throw 25 times plus a game and ever time they needed a big time throw he made it. Chad isn't doing that anymore.

If all the QB needed to do on these teams was make swing passes to go to the superbowl, these teams would already be there. Chad is D O N E.

#9 ANJI, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  10. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Pennington is horrible. He'll be a backup in oblivia somewhere; if he's lucky.

11. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Don't you guys get it? He's not even a SMART qb anymore. His poor decision making inability as of late proves it...

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Wouldn't surprise me if he signs with the Vikings next yr and competes for the starting job (not saying he will get it). Good D and great running game, need someone to manage the game.

13. jetliberty

jetliberty New Member

We should be blaming the FO, that's where it starts. Chad did all he could do and was put in bad situations time and time again because of the lack of quality players around him. FO got cute with the O line and the D line was a total joke. The Jets deserved what they got this year and it is unfortunate that us fans have to accept this shit, once again! CHAD = Scapegoat.

14. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

even a smart qb needs to make desperation throws when the defense and running game and o line are all terrible. All you "dont think outside the box" fans think that a qb change would do something for this team. Come on get with the program and even the playcalling is a bigger reason for this team losing than chad ever was.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wow..a Pennington thread..why didn't I think of this.

16. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

dilfer was a plain waste of talent after a great collegiate career. He had great numbers in college that never transfered to the nfl.... theonly reason why baltimore won that year was because of the defense and j lewis... i would've cut dilfer too ... lol... i actually watch the games and i saw what dilfer did or still does and chad is 100 times better

17. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

started this yesterday bud

18. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Because you are too obsessed with AROD.:shit:

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Somehow that seemed more interesting until recently. Actually, it may still be interesting if only to see who Boras screws this time around.

20. pender30

pender30 Member

Yeah, this year it was a QB.