Thank you Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SomeNoob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

I guess every other team can say the same thing, nearly 6 rounds worth. He was a 6th round pick, an afterthought for every other NFL team, including the one that drafted him.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

3. jjw321

jjw321 New Member

The reason why people appreciate Chad is because he always looks like he recognizes how lucky he is to be playing football for a living. The guy slings the ball as well as he can (which is accurate, but not far). He plays hurt, he tries to walk off sprained ankles and when he realizes it's serious, he's devastated. He tries to motivate the team on the sidelines, you can see his intensity and how much he wants to succeed.

If you can't appreciate that, you're the typical classless Jet fan who doesn't understand what it means to have a player who is committed to your team.

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Statements like this are just annoying; so to be a good or ?classy? fan we should accept mediocrity as long as it is coupled with hard work and a good attitude?

Too many Jet fans are too willing to accept crap and try to justify it.

5. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

Damn Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

Its ashame because almost all these Jet fans that called for Penny to be benched were cheering his ass last year when he was leading us to the playoffs, and they were cheering for him the past 5 years. So all them can BEAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Your the man..

8. Sonic710

Sonic710 New Member

When the franchise has been filled with attrocity, then yes we should be more kind to mediocrity. Although I don't even consider an above .500 record and 3 playoff appearances with a couple of playoff wins mediocrity.

9. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

If I am not mistaken ? we are something like 39 and 43 since Chad Pennington officially became the Jets starter ? and I don?t want to hear that he was injured and didn?t play in around 30 games or so because PLAYING is one of the fundamental responsibilities a quarterback has to his team; the fact that Chad did not for WHATEVER reason is further evidence of his failure to this organization.

I?m pretty sure that 39 and 43 is NOT 500.

And again ? you seem to indicate that if a team has a history failure, than anything close to not failing should not only be tolerated but blindly treasured.

Spoken like a true loser.

10. Pride

Pride New Member

Of course I had to root for him, he is on my team. He still was average at best last year. 6 TD's and 2 INT's in his first 4 games, then 11 TD's and 15 INT's in his last 12 games. He's a nice feel warm story but Im tired of some Jets fans willingness to accept mediocrity. Thanks Chad but take your papers and make way for someone else

#30 Pride, Oct 30, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  11. FatStupidLoser

Dude, I generally get a bit of a kick from your relentless sarcasm but this is devoid of any discernable logic.

He has contributed everything he has to this franchise. And the Jets have been better for it the last 5 years. The Jets have been much better with him than without him. His inability to carry a poor team to victory this year doesn't negate that.

Thanks Chad. Hope you tear it up somewhere else. I'll be a fan no matter where you play. Well, except Dallas.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

you can say what you want about chad, but he has 81 touchdowns and 53 interceptions for his careerer. so in no way did he even come close to throwing more picks than interceptions as you suggest. and he has never had a season where he threw more picks then tds either.

13. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

That is literally the most stupid comment I ever saw on ANY thread. Did you ever see Joe Namath play?
    He was LITERALLY the most feared passing quarterback in his era.

#33 JoeJet, Oct 30, 2007
  14. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

and 32 fumbles.

and you might want to look at my earlier post with his stats - he had two seasons where he was one away from more picks than int's and one that he did (although it was only 2 - 3). the only good season he had as far as % was 2002...before anyone had any tape on him and before Gruden exposed him for what he is.

#34 VickBlows, Oct 30, 2007
  15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i wasn't trying to dispute anything else you had said. and i was wrong about chad never having a season with more picks than tds. i didn't see the 2005 line on nfl.com but i see it now. i have been calling for a change every sunday for the last month so i agree with everyone saying we need to move on.

but only pointing out his faults isn't the way to go right now. he has most likely started his last game for us and will be somewhere else next season. the jets as a team and organization are moving on. but we as fans can still remember the good times we had watching him play.

while it seems like some people feel like watching a team play is a waste unless that team wins a championship i don't feel that way. while it hurts to watch through years like this i still enjoy watching the team and looking for some of the bright spots for the future. this weekend ill be looking at clemens, revis, harris, washington, elam, and the others who will be here for a few more years, and ill be looking forward to what they will be able to do when the holes in the team are filled.

if some fans want to remember the good times they had watching pennington play then just let them there are enough threads and people in the media telling us how much he has regressed let them remember 2002 and 2004 without having to be reminded of all of the faults of the team. trust me we all know what they are.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Chad gives 'Full Support' to Kellen

If this has already been posted, please feel free to flame the shit out of me.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/270-classy-chad-gives-full-support-to-kellen

I wanted Chad benched since week 3 and I'm glad to see it finally happen. That being said, he truly shows a tremendous amount of class that I'll never forget and that a lot of other athletes should take as an example. Thanks Chad.

17. jjw321

jjw321 New Member

No. A good fan supports their team, criticizes it when it's needed, and deals with difficulties. If you'll notice, I never said that Chad was the second coming of Namath or Unitas--he has shortcomings that hurt our team. That doesn't mean you can disrespect a man who gave this organization everything he had. There's a difference between wanting a QB with a stronger arm and cheering when our QB of seven years is injured.

I don't care how you define "classy"--but that isn't it.

18. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Just think, if it wasn't for f'ing Doug Brien, Chad might've been the QB that everyone wanted him to be... That is, a Super Bowl winning QB. Thanks for trying Chadwick, and FU Doug Brien.

19. Namathfan

Namathfan New Member

Chad is a warrior but unfortunately he has a damaged wing and cannot make the throws needed in the NFL to win.

20. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

That was a great article

Chad, regardless of what he does after this year, will always hold a special place in my heart. For me, he's probably one of the biggest reasons I'm a Jets fan today.