Thank you Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SomeNoob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

I thank you for trying your best. I thank you for being a professional in a league full of amateurs. You handled yourself with class, dignity and you have earned my respect. When they cheered you when you were injured I felt ashamed. Ashamed at fellow "jet fans" who are nothing of the sort.

You gave everything you had to this jinxed organization, I respect you immensely for that. Now I know your days here are numbered and I will miss you.

Many so called "jet fans" are happy to see you go. They think the grass will be greener on the other side. We shall soon see.

Take care.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am nto convinced this is the end of Chad as a Jet but if it is he's been great for us and I appreciate everything he's done both on and off the field. he's a class act who will be appreciatedalot more years from now than he has been these past few years.

3. hendersg

hendersg New Member

No question he was a class act, and someone with a lot of guts and resolve. But, in the end, what Jet fans need from a QB to get us to the SB comes down to talent and ability, and those are 2 things that Chad Pennington will always be short on.

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Any reason why this couldn't be in the Chad Pennington Appreciation thread?

Oh wait, in that thread they're showing appreciation, and here you are thanking him.

Silly me...

5. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

For a quarterback that took us to the playoffs numerous times when no one gave us a chance to get treated the way he was treated by the fans is shameful to me. He has all the respect in the world from me. One tough s.o.b..

6. bpjets

bpjets New Member

are you guys drunk????????????

7. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

He has been the QB in one of the most, if not the most successful run in Jets history, you don't have to be drunk to know that.

8. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Don't get the tissues out...... He did alright, 1 or 2 seasons when he wasn't hurt. Get over it. That's the problem with this team and some of it's fans, to many feelings and not enough men with BALLS..

9. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

don't get me wrong, I think a change is warranted and am looking forward to seeing Clemens perform, just don't forget what Chad has brought us, 3 trips to the playoffs in 5 years. and if he had a kicker or a coach with a set of nads he would have had us in the AFC title game in one of those seasons.

10. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Thanks for missing half your scheduled starts due to injuries, losing half of the ones you did start, throwing more picks than touchdowns and winning us zero championships.

I guess basically – thanks for wasting five years of our time; and to your credit, you are one hell of a nice guy. Good luck in retirement.

11. CYensePHIction

Chad, you really helped us in the past. When you first took over you brought hope to us as Jets fans, hope that we haven't had in a long time... its sad to see you go like this, but it needs to be done.

I am sure this isn't the end for you considering the lack of QB talent around the league. Whether you stay with the Jets or move on, you made an impact on this team and it was in the end a positive one...

12. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

I'd be willing to bet chad won more than half the games he started.

13. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Last December I sat in the Metrodome in Minneapolis and watched Penny pick apart the Vikings, Jet's were on a hot streak, everything was clicking, I was so proud, so into the team...and now, 10 months later, disaster, Penny is done, the defense is pathetic, we're starting over. What a difference 10 or so games makes!

14. Mayday

Mayday New Member

What we should be doing is thanking the Jets scouting department for taking Pennington instead of Brady that year. Not.

15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

great, pouring gasoline into the fire...

16. Mayday

Mayday New Member

It's what I do.

17. Mayday

Mayday New Member

Actually, for what it's worth, I think Pennington is just as good as Namath. Problem is Namath was kinda like the Jets now. They just won when people weren't looking.

18. Sonic710

Sonic710 New Member

I'm 99% sure he had an above .500 record, and he didn't throw more picks than touchdowns. He's been more successful for the Jets in his five years than the previous 30 before that.

19. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Sorry ? he HAS thrown more touchdowns than interceptions (unless you count fumbles too) and he is a whopping three games over 500 counting playoffs.

Code:

Year	GS	TD	INT	Fumbles	Wins	Loss
    2002	12	22	6	2	8	4
    2003	9	13	12	8	4	6		
    2004	13	16	9	5	8	4
    2005	3	2	3	8	1	2
    2006	16	17	16	7	10	6	
    2007	7	9	7	2	1	6 

Total	60	79	52	32	32	28	

Playoff record = 2W & 3L

Chad Pennington is not in the all-time top 50 in any major category 

20. jetzIII