The Chad Pennington era is over, The Post has learned exclusively.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Sorry, bro...Chad is 3rd best Jets QB...

Behind Namath, and Kenny O, but just ahead of Vinny.

Vinny only got you to the post season once, and with a FAR Superior coaching staff, and talent.

2. Pride

Pride New Member

No I mean the mediocrity of a limited QB who will never win a SB without a great supporting cast. I dont root for the Jets to see them hopefully win 9 or ten games or a playoff appearance. Chad has had one good year and several average to mediocre seasons. Take away 02 and Chad is relatively a 1-1 TD to INT guy

3. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

I know, what have you done for me lately rather than feel good about his entire body of work, very short sighted.

4. themantda

themantda New Member

WHOA EASY PAL

If I remember correctly, Chrebets career came to an end against San DIego on a 3rd and 5 catch thrown by BROOKS BOLLINGER.

I would hate to play for the Jets. Some of us fans are real and can appreciate Chad. Others are fake like most people on this board.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Chrebet could have gotten a helmet slap from a teammate for doing a good job that last year and suffered a season ending career injury from it. Saying Chad ended his career is a bit unfair. The guy had no business still being on the field. He got that way from being a warrior and going over the middle for the ball. Blaming QB's for his injuries sort of makes him less than what he was. But who are we to argue with the drama queens. :breakdance:

6. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

You still haven't learned about facts and logic yet have you...

7. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Many mediocre QB's have won a SB with a great supporting cast. Nobody ever called him a HOF'er but you can call him a winner thats for sure. I guess its Chads fault DaHerm and Boobway didn't build a better team around him.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yes I can deny there is a possibilty that Herm overused Martin because Chad couldn't make the throws to open up the passing game. Martins last year being overused Chad was still capable of making the throws to open the passing game. Cmart was one of those backs that got better the more he ran it and he was a warrior, that is the reason & the only reason he was overused which essentially ended his career.

It is absolutely false that Chrebets career ended on a Chad floater, his career ended making another 3rd down reception and getting his head slammed to the ground after being tackled, nothing whatsoever to do with the pass. Chrebet got concussions with Vinny at QB and with Chad at Qb which should completely dispel the notion that Chads arm exposes the WR to concussions moreso than a QB with a stronger arm.

No that was not the first time Coles was hit while in the air. Coles is another warrior that plays the game hard every play.It is the Wrs job to go up and get the ball if needed and that can happen with any QB throwing the ball.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Whatever. No, I'm not going to feed into this and write a typical 300 word reply.

Honestly, I don't believe half of what I've written on the subject, and let myself get carried away, but the fact remains, he's gotten Coles hurt numerous times, and I like Coles, not Chad. Coles is valuable to the team, Chad is not. Coles goes down, and it's thanks to Chad.

Yeah, Chad can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

10. Pride

Pride New Member

That still makes Chad a mediocre QB, which goes back to my point of finally we can move on from mediocrity to building a real NFL offense.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good times Chad. Not any time in 2007 though. The time has come.

12. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

You better hope Clemens is the real deal then and not a TO machine.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Thank god. I'd never want Chad to go to hell, but to each their own.

14. JetsFanNC

JetsFanNC New Member

If you wish that, then don't refer to the Jets as "us".

You are not a Jets fan.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

You know, honestly, that's probably a really inappropriate thing to say too. I don't literally mean "burn in the fires of Hades and let the Devil rape you with a pitchfork". I just say "Go to hell" as a manner of expression. Hence why I don't say "Go to Hell", which would imply that I mean specifically for Chad to head to Hades after he takes his last breath.

I'll change the sig, since I guess it's more offensive on a personal level than I meant it to be.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

he earned it? I wonder what Clemens did since yesterday that earned him that starting job that he hadn't done prior.

17. themasochist

themasochist New Member

Yes, you are arguing with drama queens, and guys that pick up your trash from the curb, and sit in a firehouse for 72 hrs a clip, scratching their balls. Not many rational human beings choose to be Jets fans.

18. Sonic710

Sonic710 New Member

If I wasn't a Jets fan the Jets would be my worst hated team just because of their fans. We don't deserve a championship with some of you assholes

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Calm down a little bit. You get used to it after awhile. :up: