Keep In Mind!! Regarding the new QB!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Beamen, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Jet fans, going into next Sunday, we finally have something to look forward to: Kellen Clemens is our starter, hopefully for good...

However, we, as Jet fans, have not had a starting QB we expected to succeed other than Chad, since 2002.... And, because of the way Chad plays, and has always played, we've been trained to expect few-to-no turnovers from a legitimate starting QB...

Next week against Washington (one of the best secondaries in football, despite yesterday's beatdown by the Pats) our starting QB is going to throw at least one, and very possibly 2+ interceptions....

And, yes, a lot of these upcoming picks can and will be attributed to growing pains....

However, even as Kellen progresses, and even if/when he is (semi)permanently ingrained as the starter, there will still be many, many more INTs than we were used to before Chad's second surgery....

There are going to be more yards, possibly more TDs too... But I just want a lot of people to keep in mind that Kellen will make mistakes as he will, hopefully, be throwing the ball down the field a lot more than Chad ever has....

I know this effort is futile, and there will be complaining no matter what...

However, just try to remember, when the picks start coming, how inept this offense has been, essentially, since last season.... And please, please, please don't start calling for Kellen's job unless he's been playing for a decent amount of time without showing legitimate progress...

[/end rant]

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Through the end of next season.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He has till the end of the year to prove he deserves to be the QB of the present & future.. I'll be rooting for him..

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I guarantee you our offense will be much more effective beginning Sunday, even if he does throw a few picks.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

as long as he give our team more opportunities to score, the INTs mean nothing....they come with the territory

6. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

HE WILL HAVE MY SUPPORT 100% FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON AND NEXT AS WELL!

7. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I hope he kicks ass next week. I just hope everyone on that team is behind him and play there ass off.

8. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

well on the bright side, atleast the int's will favor punts and not punt returns. get ready clemens backers the heat will come no doubt. i just hope and pray clemens is a good decision maker, otherwise the franchise will be set back a few years.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I hate chad so much that I will blindly support Kellen for the next year and a half just like y'all been doin' with Chumpy McNoodlearm all season.

10. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Chumpy Mcnoodlearm..:rofl:

11. FOURTHANDLONG

I hope all the Chad Pennington supporters saw Clemens Check down to Leon Washington yesterday. I guess he is a Genius too!

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Guess where he learned it from? :rolleyes:

13. FOURTHANDLONG

His coach in the Pee Wee League 20 years ago?

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I am sure half the board will be ready to boot Clemens in the ass if he doesn't produce on the field. It would be a mistake, but Jet fans seem to be a "what have you done for me lately" brood. Patience isn't in most of you folks vocabulary so it should continue to be entertaining around here. :breakdance:

15. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i hope clemens does well, experience doesnt come cheap. i also hope he is the awnser, but it would only add to our problems if he isnt. that 2nd round pick will not be regarded as cheap then, would it?

16. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

He looked real good throwing those strong armed INT's.

Can't wait.

17. Beamen

Beamen New Member

You're the kind of fan for which this thread was intended.... Don't bash a young QB till he gets a chance to develop....

Oh and for the record...

Despite the INTs...

Clemens had 67 passing yards in pretty much no time, when Buffalo knew he was going to throw...

Chad had 55 passing yards in 3 quarters, with a running game that, at the time, was getting 5+ YPC....

18. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I am all for a high-risk / high return offense. The season is lost, I would just like the few seconds of excitement that come from an actual touchdown.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Come on!

The two INTs were basically Catch-up/Garbage-time and/or Hail Mary throws and don't amount to a hill of beans. It's a shame they even have to be on his stats now.

I was more concerned about that pitch he tried, which was almost into the hands of the defender. He's going to need to settle down and not try to make too much of a play gone bust. I've seen enough Chinese Firedrills with Chad... don't need that stuff any more.

20. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Great point!!! Please let's hope for the best and I hope the team stands behind him.:beer: