CP appreciation note here....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

coming from a darksider i still have to give credit to CP for his making the most of a tough several years with the jets and giving us fans a small window of hope back in 2002....

of course that window turned out to be a brick wall but nonetheless he deserves to close out his jet years with some class and respect from all fans.

maybe his education as a player will translate into a coaching career.

jil

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong thread...

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I agree. To those of who've been around through the dark periods (particularly with years of garbage QBs), he was a bright glimmer of hope. Unfortunately injuries caused his rising star to crash into the ground. 2002 was a fun ride :beer:

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not Just 02.

For anyone that has suffered with this team for any appreciable legnth of time, the simple fact is, excepting Parcells/Vinny one year, The Pennington Era has produced more goods points than the last three decades.

Most of the guys here, are spoiled relatively speaking, being two young to rememeber the 1986 collapse, the Jets started 10-1 then Obrien hurt his hand, and Walton refused to start Pat Ryan, for 5 painful weeks..

Finally We go to KC, Ryan starts and we win...only to have that killer loss in Cleveland.
    (That collapse surely cost us the division, and home playoff games....)

Lets look back to 1970...47 years...and see where the Pennigton Era shakes out...

I think the guy deserves some slack.

5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Cheers for CP's good year(). He now joins the ranks of mediocre Jets QB's that just never got it done. A great competitor who always wanted to be on the field , he will forever be known as a great field general that, due to repeated injury, just did not posses the physical tools needed to keep a good defense honest. He will also be remembered as the guy who repeatedly got his backs and receivers killed while making plays on his poorly thrown passes.

Farewell Chad. Best of luck in the future, so long as it's not as the starting QB of the NY Jets.

6. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Hobbes3259, your factual and logical posts are refreshing, but with the audience your trying to target, it's hopeless, just fabricate and outright make shit up like a choice few do :smile:

7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Chad is probably among the top 5 QB's in Jets history. That is probably more a statement of how pathetic Jets QB's have been than anything else. If not for his injuries, Chad would have probably produced a lot more positive memories over the last few years. They guy has heart though, I'll give him that.

8. Hobbes3259

Namath.

O'Brien.

Pennington.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I agree, he should be a coach. He's too smart to play. Thinks too much

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree with what is said about CP but we should also give Herm the credit also.

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Really O'brien at 2?

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Thanks Chad, and good luck. You were a warrior, your body just betrayed you over time.

13. Hobbes3259

After Namath....Easily.

14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Yep. O'Brien at his best was a damn good QB. Made a few Pro Bowls if I remember correctly. Problem was consistency. He had a few All-Pro seasons surrounded by a bunch of mediocre ones.

Richard Todd belongs in the top 5 as well and I think Vinny should be there too.

15. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Here's to when Chad was the bright young future of the Jets and was being compared to Joe Montana. I hope he finds success as a backup here in NY or elsewhere.

16. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

Thanks for everything Chad. You're one of the best players out there to root for.

17. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

should have one 3 playoff games (pittsburg) but it was a fun ride. Hopefully he can have success some where else. Thanks for the good times, remember no one can wave that towel on the sidelines better then you, Chad Pennington. Thank You

#17 Pennythetowelboy, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  18. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

Just don't wave it too hard or you might hurt yourself, Chad.

19. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

My thoughts exactly.

I will not miss Chad at all, I was tired of him a LONG time ago.

So long!

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

2002 was great, so was 2004 and honestly 2006 was good times too. Pennington is more than just a one year wonder. He gave me and others hope that a Championship was near. He always spoke well also, and gave amazing quotes like this:

"There is one thing about me that everyone should know, as far as this game is concerned, the only thing I think about, the only thing I dream about, is winning and winning the championship,That's it, period."