Coles Hit- Doesn't remember much...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOZ, Oct 29, 2007.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Hey Chad- Your trademark "no power" pass from hash to sideline had a time that could have been measured with a calendar, forcing Coles to turn and catch, taking a monster hit to the back which ultimately forced him head-first to the turf...

You've got a penchant for such passes, leaving your valued receivers (not your slot guy) to expose themselves to hits which, in the aggregate, will certainly serve to help shorten their careers.

Blurb from Tom Rock @ Newsday....
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjqa295437355oct29,0,7725350.story

What happened to Laveranues Coles?

He got drilled, is what happened. On his only reception of the game, a 13-yarder in the fourth quarter, Coles came back for a pass from Pennington and was hit from behind by Bills corner Terrence McGee.

Coles appeared to be driven into the ground and, judging by his postgame comments and the reactions of the Bills (who had seen their own Kevin Everett suffer a life-threatening injury in the opener), he probably was knocked out cold.

Asked if he had the wind knocked out of him, Coles said, "I had a lot knocked out of me on that play." Told he was on the ground for a long time, he said, "You would know better than I would."

2. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

that play put me from just want Chad benched to just openly hating Chad

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

This morning I realized that I hate Chad more than the Antichrist himself, Tom Brady...

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't hate Chad for that throw. However, I'm surprised it took this long for one of his Wr's to get smoked on one of his patented floaties..

5. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I’ve been saying it was only a matter of time before Chad killed a receiver.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Especially when you consider just how many times Coles especially has been popped. Cotch has taken his share of hits but Coles has turn into a tackling dummy as of late.

I think that the announcers in last night's game jinxed Coles when they indicated that he was still without a catch- only moments later did he catch the one in question...

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Coles is a man thru and thru. He is one tough SOB. Thankfully he was able to even get up on that play.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

This morning I realized I hate Chad more than NCAA Basketball

9. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Oh my god, that's like "Supremo-Hate to the Nth degree."

I hope that you're sitting down in a padded room- a fellow walking around with so much hate can be a hazard to the rest of society.

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I'd rather jump naked into a swimming pool filled with double-edged razor blades than shake chump pennington's hand.

That wasn't the first time that selfish fcker has done that, but thank goodness it may be the last.

11. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Tell me about it... you know how hard it is to type with this straight jacket on?

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I actually said the same exact thing out loud, along with many other hateful things at the exact moment I saw Coles hit the floor.

I never, ever, want to see Chad even don a NY Jets jersey again, much less ever play again.

I disliked Vinny for his penchant for throwing to the wrong colored jersey. I hate Chad Pennington for his inability to even protect the livelihood of his supposed loyal teammates.

I'll bet Coles isn't too happy with himself this morning, when he reflects on all the times he's gone to bat for his boy Chad.

BTW: Did anyone notice as Coles was walking off the field, and Chad tried to obviously ask him if he was okay, Coles basically threw a shoulder at him? Too bad the camera angle was opposite his face. I would love to have been able to read his lips right there.

F that nice guy bullshit. Go to hell Chad.

13. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I knew this day would come when I had to watch Coles come off the field not knowing where he was because of Noodle arm. The sad thing is there is going to be some idiot to respond in this thread and say weak throws have nothing to do with a receiver getting hung out to dry.

14. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Not to break up the Chad-hating fest, but correct me if I'm wrong - wasn't that the same play where Chad had one of his ankles being held by a Bills lineman? So he couldn't fully step into the throw? I'd blame the line for that one. Chad's trying to make a play, and the line wasn't giving him a lot to work with.

15. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I wonder if all of you will be saying the same thing when one of the WR's takes a hit after catching a pass from Clemens. You act like WR's are never supposed to take a shot when they go over the middle. And yes, that was an ugly pass, I'm just saying Clemens will lay out a receiver as well. It's inevitable.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

That is a degree of hate that I can not even contemplate. More than the NCAA............. you sure about that?

LOL that puts him up there with Hitler, Stalin and Hirohito?

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

We hate to interupt your programming but this is a message from the emergency broadcast system.....................

Uh no when he was being held that was an incompletion................

Now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast............. commence hating

18. ANJI

ANJI New Member

You're wrong.....so who do you blame now???? Coles for not letting it go.:lol:

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Although it was a medicine ball (again) from Chad , I initially thought the ball got trapped in his gut winding him , I hope the guys ok.

20. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

with the ball still in his hands no less. Santana Moss may have been faster but there's no way he would have made that play. I don't think there are many in football who would have.