Vilma lost for the year (MERGED)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by falcon4e, Oct 24, 2007.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Losing Vilma probably would not hurt the D too much, but it would be sad to see.

2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

At least it gives harris more playing time to develop

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Moss is 30 and the last two years he looked washed up and injury prone. You can't compare that to Vilma who is a stud. He's just not in a system that fits his skill set. Even Ray Lewis struggled when they moved to the 3-4 and he didn't have Adams and Siragusa taking on the blockers. Vilma is worth a late 1st to 2nd round.

4. CYensePHIction

wow, this sucks, this season just keeps getting worse....

I know Vilma hasn't been playing well, but he is a leader on that defense, I guess the best thing we can get out of this is more playing time for Harris...

5. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Having read the article, I think this is BS. All that the team has said is that he has a significant knee injury. Cimini is assuming both that surgery is required, and that whatever that surgery is, it'll put him out for the rest of the season. I'll wait to hear it from the team before I buy this crap.

"The prognosis wasn't immediately known, but the mere fact that it was termed significant means that Vilma probably needs surgery and will miss the remainder of the season."

Thats straight from Cimini's article. Plenty of knee injuries that I would consider significant don't require any surgery. Vilma finished the game and nobody even knows when he got hit. Time will tell, but I'm not buying it.

6. GAJETMAN

GAJETMAN Member

J-Mac and Doug Jolley were had for 2nd rounders....wait...that WAS from us....never mind

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Funny thing , when things are going great , everyones available to play :rolleyes:

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Trying to make a positive out of a negative , losing Vilma will give Harris and hopefully Barton a shot in the middle. Kassell will surly be a candidate as well.
    I wish Costanzo was still on the team.

MORE > http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txjetsvilma&prov=st&type=lgns

9. Beamen

Beamen New Member

You'd think after Vilma came out and denied that he was hurt, Mangini would stop this tirade and just admit he's benching him... What is he trying to prove?

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Well is he hurt or was he benched?

This is sheer lunacy!

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Apparently Mangini is making him have reconstructive knee surgery for talking to the press and implying he was taken out for other reasons than being hurt.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

:rofl2: ......................

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahahahaha

14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Vilma told Benigno that he WASN'T injured!

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Oooh, a time of possession argument. That is pretty funny. I remember everyone bitching over the last few weeks because they claim our 2 min hurry up takes 6-8 min to score. If our ToP is awful this year it is the fault of the defense who can't stop anyone. Granted they have managed to make a handful of saves late in the game, but they are a complete sieve for the most part.

I am not saying the offense doesn't need work because clearly it does. And Chad, by trying to carry this team on his back, has managed to blow 2-3 games for us. Nevertheless, our offense hasn't changed much from this year from last. QB's TD/INT ratio roughly the same. The majority of the issue is bad defense, followed by some bad luck and a mediocre offense. Somewhere between the two we have some coaching and or game planning issues as well.

16. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vilma doesn't even know his own body...

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Im tellin ya....this Mangini guy better start opening up.....kinda wish we still had Herm around.

Press: Herm...is Vilma hurting?

Herm: Well he cant move to his right...he cant move to his left..and he cant break back into pass coverage.

Press: Will he play this week?

Herm: Oh...I dont want to help out the other team by giving out that information...nice try bucko.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yes, I think the team policy on disclosing information was in force. The Jets remain tight lipped on everything as usual. As long as the Super Bowl wins keep piling up, I don't see any problem with this policy because it works.

19. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

No doubt about it.

He deserves to play for a better coach, a better team, and a better fan base.

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Now you are changing what your story. This is what you said:

"high characther guys mangini wanted are regressing..." This implies that Vilma is a guy that Mangini wanted because of his high character. Mangini didn't want/draft Vilma, he was here already. It was an obvious dig at Mangini, but it doesn't make sense.