Chad is the starter this weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Oct 24, 2007.

1. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

You're right, I'm too young for Nagle.

However, we're not close to contending, it will be in another 2 or 3 seasons. Let Kellen win it in training camp this summer and use next year to see what he's got. Whynot? I don't want him getting murdered during this waste of a season. He got the snot beat out of him in the Baltimore game and we're lucky he didn't break a leg.

2. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Our offensive line has not been bad at all in pass protection since week 3.... Kellen's not going to get killed in there....

3. GreenScreen313

with a run game that doesn't demand respect......he can get killed with any play action play.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Funny you bring up Minnesota as a team that could potentially be interested in having Pennington start for them in 2008.

The Vikings drafted a quarterback with the 64th overall selection in the 2006 draft. They are currently in the process of finding out if that QB is the future of the franchise. Tarvaris Jackson is not playing well, but he's playing. The Vikings are finding out if they need to go in another direction at the QB position.

Meanwhile, we have the Jets. They drafted a QB 15 spots earlier than did the Vikings in the same draft. The Jets are currently not interested in finding out if they need to go in another direction at the QB position.

The Vikings are only two games out of Wild Card contention, for what that is worth. The Jets are three and a half games out.

Shit doesn't make sense.

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Perhaps, but Chad's not getting killed, and that's with 8 or 9 men in the box almost every play.. What makes you think it's going to be different for Kellen?

6. GreenScreen313

It's simple. The doctors replaced Chad's bones with adamantium. :)

7. pennington4life

pennington4life New Member

21-29 230 yds 2 td's PUT UP OR SHUT UP

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i sense 24-34 120 yards 1td 1int( PIVOTAL one costing us the drive and comeback attempt)

end result, loss..mangini shall evaluate situation once again...conclusion, pennington not at all fault. Team must work together.

Chad starts another week.

aweful.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Oh My God!!!!!

Wahoo is Chris Carton!!!!!

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Chad is making way to much money based on his ability, he will be an outright cut before TC next year. Clemens won't have to win anything unless it's against Tui or Brad Smith.

11. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Man, I hope not! Have you seen that dude?

12. Tenn_JetsFanatic

not a bad move ... he played fairly well.

13. GreenScreen313

I don't know the details....but didn't didn't he take a significant pay cut? He'd be traded before he was cut.

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Wow, this is a great thread. Lots of dispute and lots of anger.

Here's my take. Even if we would put KC in this week against Buffalo, there are still so many glaring problems on the team that I do not think the outcome will be drastically different. Our defense is still preetty darn bad and our O line can't open holes to establish a running game. You couple that with a Chad and that is why we are 1-6. Chad has tried his heart out this year just like any other. There were a couple of games that could have swung our way had a couple of costly errors not been made. It is a fact that the Defensive play has put Chaad in many of the awkward, undisireable situations that have arisen this year.

Installing Clemens could help make up a bit for our lack of a good Defense and an Offensive line capable of opening holes. It will not be the ultimate solution; only a small part.

It is tough to be objective given how are situation was thrust upon us this year and nobody expected it. The anger of everyone, including myself, is primarily driven by the fact hat in 2005 we had legitimate excuses, but this year, there really aren't any.

If pulling Vilma is Mangini's answer to a change on D then he has not been studying enough tape. If Vilma is really injured then it makes sense. The 3-4 is killing us, and it will continue; it is blatantly obvious. Will we draft a stud NT next year; who knows - we obviously did not think we needed one this year. I would not be surprized if we did not draft one next year or sign one in FA.

A clear pattern has been established. Conservatism, to the point of shying away from going after huge talent. One can argue, we made an attempt at Revis and even Harris for that matter, but we did zero in FA and that part was a stupid move. We put too many eggs in one basket.

I am watching things intently right now. I would suspect that mangini is very close to losing this team; that is a huge problem. Once respect for a coach is lost it is very hard to get back and stay on the same team. But, coaches have fought through it in the past, maybe just not with the Jets.

Things are pretty hard to watch right now. I do not see any real light at the end of the tunnel. There is no telling how ugly this thing can get. We could very well have a new coach next year; not impossible......................

Things are clearly teetering right now and we as fans are having a difficult time dealing with that insecurity..............but, rightfully so.

#214 GreenHornet, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

He didn't take a pay cut at all he gave up some guaranteed money for incentives which he met. he is due a big bonus if we keep him next year which he only gets if we keep him. It will also probably mean we have to cut him, I can't see more than one or two teams having any real interest in him to want to give up anything significant to guarantee negiotating rights.