Vilma lost for the year (MERGED)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by falcon4e, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

Unlike Penny, Vilma has a lot of value on the market. Vilma is 25 years old w/ low mileage and a top 5 MLB when in the 4-3. Pennington is 31 coming off now his second below average year. The Jets could get a first for Vilma from a team like the bengals. Comparing the two is a joke. Put Vilma on the open market tomorrow I guarantee he could get a 50 million dollar deal

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't think there's any way the Jets would get a 1 straight up for Vilma.

The Bengals specifically would not have much interest unless Ahmad Brooks does something illegal again or gets severely injured.

3. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

rotoworld? Seriously, you are going based on that source?

4. Pride

Pride New Member

the dailynews said it as well

5. Pride

Pride New Member

The Jets could get a 2nd at worse or a late first possibly. Dont forget the havoc Vilma can cause sideline to sideline when in a 4-3 system. Someone in the league would take this guy, he's too young w/ too much talent

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Some teams that would maybe be interested-
    The Saints LBs are weak.
    Lenon is the MLB for the Lions. He's okay.
    The Broncos could move Vilma's college teammate, Williams, back outside.

7. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

look there is no reason totrade vilma. change the system. or put guys around him that can play end of story. what a but of lilkids on this board this isnt MADDEN u cant trade the whole friggin team.. were not gonna trade all these guys.penny, vilma, j mac etc etc etc

8. Pride

Pride New Member

Thats where I disagree. Life isnt madden but here you have a guy who is going to want top dollar in a year or two. You have three choices. Sign him, let him walk, or try and trade him. Would you pay top dollar for a below average 3-4 ILB? HE wont work in the 3-4 I think we have figured that out by now. I wish we could just play the 4-3 but were married to the 3-4 and mangini. No more trying to force a square peg in a circle shaped hole

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It is ironic that your avatar features three players, two of whom were traded for one another.

10. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

Before we ship off Vilma we need a D Line that can give our LBs a chance to make a play and then make a true evaluation. This is like rating Thomas Jones as a bust due to a bad offensive line - the results are tainted.

11. Pride

Pride New Member

I totally agree, but we may have to give Vilma a new deal before we reach that point. That is my only concern

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Well if we cant get a decent DL in 2-3 years than I think our organization is screwed.....

13. yeah I rate his value right now as around a late 1st rounder. He's the kind of guy who can be a "final piece" to a defense that focus's on speed and the cover 2 mentality.

14. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

that has nothing to do with anything.

15. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Randy Moss netted a 4th rounder. Other stars net 6th rounders. If you think we were getting a 1st for Vilma you'r ecrazy.

16. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

i agree i rather a 4-3 why have less guys on the line? it got me cause once the back makes it throught to the next level the lb's he already has 3 or more yards and no picked up speed and can make a juke or a tackle breaking move.

17. John Abraham netted a late first rounder, and Clinton Portis netted the best CB in football. It happens all the time.

18. Pride

Pride New Member

Abraham got us a first, remember? Vilma doesnt have the issues of a Moss and plays a position which has the possibility to have more of an impact on the game.

19. Beamen

Beamen New Member

AJ Feeley netted a 2nd....

It all depends on need and potential.....

20. Tight

Tight Active Member

We both know why moss went for a 4th rounder dont be naive, do you remember what oakland traded from him... Think about it, that 6th rounder nonsense your talking is bs.