Chad is the starter this weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Oct 24, 2007.

1. FatStupidLoser

Why not. KC is going to fix all this. If Chad sucks so bad and it KC time he should do at least as good as Chad, correct?

No. He is not as good as Chad and there is no evidence to date that he will or is even capable of playing better than Chad.

Time to get over it guys. We have a poor team. Ragging the crap out of Chad and benching the guy doesn't change that or improve our record. Chad deserves better and KC if he is the future next year deserves an improved team to help him through the growing pains he will undoubtedly have. If he starts this year it will ruin him. He doesn't need to be "Ramsied" like they did to Patrick in Washington.

#81 FatStupidLoser, Oct 24, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

nonsense. when the team is bad and is going to be faced with a high pick, you better know before the draft whether the QB you drafted two years before is either capable of being your starter or whether you need to draft a new on with your high pick, and the only way you do that is by playing him.

and Chad doesn't deserve better. he doesn't deserve anything. he earned his starting job by performance and has lost it, IMO, by his performance. deserving anything has nothing to do with this. this shouldn't be an emotional situation, which your position of deserving is, it should be a logical one, and logic dictates it is time to play a new QB because the old one isn't getting it done.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This is great. Let Clemens come in when we play Pitt on 11/18 or let him get his a** roasted on Thanksgiving like a Turkey against Dallas.

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Wow, there is no reason to watch the game this weekend. I mean, I was looking forward to learning what Clemens is capable of, but now, this game is meaningless.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I really have to question if the people saying Pennington played well even watched the game last week. He made one throw where he had time to step up and throw it like a hail mary. After that he was once again unable to lead the Jets to the end zone, except for the great individual effort by Coles on a 5 yard pass. The Jets settled for FGs several times when they had great field position. The last 2 possessions the offense turned the ball over which led to a TD then Chad threw a pick which was returned for a TD. He lost the game as he's done each of the last 4 weeks.

Mangini has gone beyond the pale with this nonsense. He's really lost me and I have zero confidence in him or the future of the Jets at this point. I mean it's bad enough we've got to watch 9 more meaningless games this year but we can't even think about the future because the guy in charge is a clueless, stubborn asshole.

6. Don G

Don G New Member

The season is lost already. I love Pennington...he's one of my all-time favorite Jets but we're not going anywhere this year. We should be focusing on seeing what Clemens has. If he doesn't perform we can think about picking up another qb in the draft. I just don't see the point of bringing Pennington out there every week if you're committed to a younger qb for the future.

7. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

the only thing that possibly could happen is that at the first time CP screws up he brings in KC. Of course this probably wont happen but I need to remain positive.

8. FatStupidLoser

I guess we disagree because I think and apparently the coaches as well, that Chad is getting it done. His performance on most any other team is a win.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

What is Clemens is bad? Do you realize how many Qb's are coming out this year. You must remember if we don't play Clemens now that we will not draft the next coming of Peyton Manning. No proof to this But We are still the Jets!

10. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Very true, and if he isn't insane the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Clemens sucks big time, and if that is the case why hasn't the organization moved to bring in a QB? The outlook is bad either way.

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

You're blind if you think we're putting a quality D no the field then. It's so easy to blame the QB, but the defense deserves the same amount of blame, if not more, than the offense.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Half time. Buffalo will sit on their Pennington game plan.

He will try to keep it close at the half, and then Clemens will play, when it's too late for Buffalo to make an adjustment.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

AYFKM????

Kellen Clemens is not the next Peyton Manning, he's the next Sammy Baugh!

14. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Enjoy whatever team you'll be rooting for from now on then.

15. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

This is exactly why I rooted for Chad to have one more bad Sunday (which I got killed on this site for showing such poor fan loyalty). It's just like Chad to show just enough to make it politically difficult to take him out of the lineup, but still lose us games. I could see him making another bad interception and fail to take the team on a winning drive, but throw two early touchdowns against the Bills this Sunday to buy himself one more start. We need change, we're not going to the playoffs, get the damn guy out of there!

16. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

When you listen to Chad, now, during press conferences, he sounds confused with no confidence whatsoever. He doesn't understand what's wrong with him game, because he's gone throughout his life as being a QB with excellent control. If Chad cared anything for this team, like a starting pitcher that knows he's not on that day, Chad should sit and let Kellen play. It's for the good of the team, it's for the good of Kellen, it's for the good of us fans, and it's for Chad's own good, including his mental stability.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

More blame... much more blame. The defense is horrific at this point.

18. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

The Jets are 1-6. Even if this is the plan(I don't think it is) it's unbelievably idiotic. The goal should be evaluating the kid, not trying to "trick" the Bills.

19. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

In the Giants game the defense gave up a few long drives for scores, in the Eagles game they may have held them to field goals but they marched down the field on us all day. The defense has as much, in my opinion more, blame than the offense.

20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

No. Mangini would get fired if he put Clemens in and he sucked. That's why he's sticking with Chad.

If Clemens came in and sucked, what hope would we have? What would he have to talk about? We'd be like Rams fans right now - nothing to be hopeful or passionate about. You all seem to assume Clemens can handle himself better than Chad. For all we know, he's the next (fill in one of the many awful Jets QB over the years).