Chad is the starter this weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think it's really an inexperience issue here. Right now Mangini is doing as bad a job of coaching the Jets as any coach in franchise history and he's teetering on the edge of losing the team.

2. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Maybe Maybe Maybe, How About Maybe This Coach Get's Some Balls And Do The Right Thing And Put Clemins In..

3. BookEndTackles 72&79

No need to get carried away here. The change is going to be made at the bye week or once they hit 8 losses and the change will be permanent. You simply can't send the signal to the rest of the team that this is garbage time not even halfway through the season. Once Chad sits down, barring injury to KC, he is finished as a Jet. Probably two games left in his career here. Maximum four as if he wins the next two he will get the Pitt and Dallas games since they are so close together. The problems run alot deeper than the QB and odds are KC won't fare much better in the W-L dept. A QB change is the popular choice but it wont change the fact that the defense is a sieve.

4. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

Yup, agree 100%. You cant bench Chad especially after last weeks performance. The one interception he threw was Coles' fault. A lot of other folks should be benched before Chad. Heck, Chad is still better than a lot of QBs in the NFL even with the weak arm.

Now if the Jets have 8 losses going into the bye week and still stick with Chad, then I'll be upset. But for now, let him ride this thing into the ground. He needs to crash and burn with then entire team, that way no one in the locker room can say a word when he's benched.

Clemens will still get about 4-5 starts before the year is out, that's more than enough.

5. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

I agree with that. i'd much rather see us fix the defense then continue to cry about Chad who is not really the total problem. How about we stop some people, that might work.

6. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

F the players, if they don't like it, heres a message: PLAY BETTER! You are either with us or against us and if you are against us, go someplace else!

7. KriSpY162

KriSpY162 New Member

who are u kiddin... thats not possible.

I do agree Chad had a decent game BUT come this sunday if he messes it up AGAIN.. will that be enough for Mangini to finally make a move??

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Where's Glenn Foley when you need him?

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I bet he read all the threads here, and figures he's picked up enough coaching tips to get through the week :rofl2:

10. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

This is correct, they have no balls to do the right thing and if he was doing the right thing it would be working. I think the D is bad, but they are tired of being on the field when chicken wing goes 3 and out almost every series.

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Or maybe he realizes that the biggest changes this team needs really are on the defensive side of the ball. If Sutton is still calling the plays on Sunday and some of the underachievers on D are still in there underachieving and starting, then I'll start to wonder what's going on.

The defense is more to blame for us going 1-6 than the offense. The offense has had glimpses and shown flashes of moving the ball. When was the last time we were on defense and you were confident we were going to stop the other team or hold them to a 3 and out? We've had so few 3 and outs forced by our defense that when we do get one I'm surprised.

Also remember that although Chad may be starting, there's no guarantee he'll finish if he's having a bad game.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you mean kind of the way Parcells benched Bledsoe last year for Romo when the team wasn't playing well? how'd that work out for the Cowboys? or Vince Young came in for the Titans last year, Tennessee sure threw in the towel and floundered after that, didn't they. Maybe the Jags should have just stuck with Leftwhich this year.

I know it is blasphemy to root for losses for the draft position, but is it just as bad to root for them so the coach gets fired?

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I haven't seen Jetland so low since the mid-90s. Terrible decision on Mangini's part.

14. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

I don't get why a lot of people were so impressed by Chad's performance last week. To me, it was more of what we have been seeing all year. Granted, his first TD of the game was nice, but the 2nd TD was absolutely ALL Coles, and we all know the 3rd TD didn't matter because it was the end of the game. The fact of the matter is that time after time the Jets came up short on 3rd down and let's not forget about the INT he threw which put the game out of hand. I have always backed Penning in past years, but I no longer think he is capable of being a starting QB in the NFL, and I just can't understand what Mangini is waiting for....

15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

He threw another interception for a touchdown. His interceptions has cost us more points then he has made for us.

16. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Yep, I just got a text message from the Jets.

Damn man, how much longer are we going to have to sit and watch this shit!

17. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I wish I could suck so bad at my job and keep it.

18. bpjets

bpjets New Member

He's cutting my lawn

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

this is unreal.

however, someone else mentioned this; it'd be hard for Mangini to bench Chad after playing decently last week. he should have done it a game or two (or a season) ago.

basically, in order for Clemens to play, one of the two would have to occur:
    1. another poor performance from Chad
    2. another loss

without either of those happening, Chad will continue starting.

i think Mangini has it in him to be an excellent coach eventually. but right now, i'm seriously questioning him, to the point where i wonder if he should go.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why am I not surprised by this...

No wonder the Jets haven't won shit in almost 4 decades. Perhaps Chad can play us into a top 5 pick. That way, Tangina can find a way to turn that pick into another benchwarmer/character player that they won't have to pay alot of money.

I used to have faith in this FO/CS but it seems its the same old shit over and over again..

Insanity.......