Chad is the starter this weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Oct 24, 2007.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

fuck watching the game this week. Im going pumpkin picking like a homo

3. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

If Clemens is that bad, then why did they use a 2nd round draft pick to draft him? Even though I hate the Bills you have to give them some credit for going with Trent Edwards. You would think Mangini would learn something from Buffalo. I think last year's season gave Mangini the impression that he can do whatever the hell he wants.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sad thing is (for those who want Clemens) the Jets will probably win this week and Pennington will start vs. The Redskins too. If Chad wins that game, then who knows.

5. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I Am A Recording........like I Have Said Again And Again With This Bs Team. They Are Soooooo Worried About Hurting Someone's Feeling Then Doing The Right Thing, That Is Trying To Win Games. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

6. Drew

Drew Active Member

Man.

Fuck this shit.

Is Mangini serious?

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

After all of the years of hearing that "all Pennington does is win," now that he always loses he still gets to keep his job? This is a mind-bogglingly bad decision, and I'm really starting to wonder if Mangini simply isn't too bright.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. He showed up in the first half.

And disappeared in the second.

Here's my take.

Manigini wants to start Chad, see how it goes, and keep the game close,

and possibly bring in Clemens after the Half, so its too late to make Halftime adjustments, and try to steal the game.

9. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I thought VILMA SAID HE HAD NO INJURY??????????????? WTF

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I can't stand hearing Chad talk with confidence about the team and their ability to win when they consistently go out ther and do the same shit every week. And why did no reporters ask Chad any good questions. I want to know why he didn't throw it deep again on Sunday.

Also, with respect to the INT returned for a TD, he said (I should have understood that the CB would read the fact that we got sacked and needed to get OB and have seen him when he was waiting ont he route....so that's on me. I should have thrown it and seen if we could make the 4th and 11."

Well someone should have said to Chad, why not throw the ball to the other side of the field, and deeper than 5 yards.

11. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

My bad, you are right, how did I miss that? We're going to put together a Colorado Rockies style run now!!! Wahooo! Lookout Pats.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

See above. The other possibility is that he is unwilling to throw Chad under the bus, if he perceives the problem as being more of a slump, than actually symptomatic.

remember, we don't know how the ankle sprain really is, and if that is what is plaguing Chad,(And the way his performance erodes as the game goes on seems to indicate that...) then Mangini looks bad for letting him play after only sitting out one week....

The other thing is, supposing they do want to trade him, to Minnesota.....If you know you can get a couple of good games out of him, and blame the slump on the ankle injury, then you get far better value in a trade....

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:rofl: Good point.:up:

14. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

That's why he should of been benched 4 games ago.. Nothing changes in the Jets organization all week, like everything is going well. Anyone have a gun to put myself out of misery?:mad:

15. Pride

Pride New Member

Damn you Mangini you really are a little bitch

16. dbatesman

dbatesman New Member

I can understand Mangini sticking by Chad because in all fairness, he played fairly well last week.

-BUT-

His continued unwillingness to bench Chad scares the hell out of me. I'm starting to think maybe there is a locker room mutiny brewing, and he's afraid of sitting the team leader and taking heat for it.

Of course, now the flipside is, if he keeps Noodle Arm in there and starts shaking up the OL and defense, the starters who sit will resent him even more.

I stood by Mangini before. I would still be standing by him (albeit angrily) if he stood by Chad. But combine that with the prospect of sitting a bunch of other starters, and I'm really starting to wonder about our HC.

17. greenfuel

greenfuel New Member

It's killing to see that we have clemens on the bench and mangini is going with Pennington the only thinkable reason is they going for top 5 pick knowing by starting Chad it will be a lost for us.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

As much as I want to see Clemens start, I really don't see how Mangini could do it this week. What kind of message would that send to the team if he benched Pennington after his best performance of the season (albeit against a terrible defense)? He should have made the change a few weeks ago. Doing it this week would be the wrong decision based on last weeks performance where the defense was largely to blame.

19. bpjets

bpjets New Member

I would like to reply...but I am to busy finding a rope to hang myself

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Maybe what happened was they went back and looked at the tapes of the game film and compared their play calls and what happened against the film. Maybe what they saw was some problems with the playcalling and not with the QB's decisions in the 2nd half. Maybe the bulk of the problem is not the QB. I know that runs counter to what so many of you have embraced as raging gospel these days. heheh :)