Dear Coach Mangini (an open letter):

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sundayjack, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

At this point, the only thing I look forward to each week now is either seeing the Patsies perfect season ruined, or the perfectly ruined season of the Fins continue.

2. smelly_joe

smelly_joe New Member

dear manigini-

maybe you shouldnt have let 3 straight plays be called the exact same way- a side end pass too coles from penny, worked well twice but one has to remember the other teams players are not just brick walls but are capable of there own reasoning and therefore thear own reaalisation about how easy it was to stop that play

i hate the jets d-fense right now- but i luv the offense- and i dont think clemens will maake much of a difference righgt now

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dear Mangini,

Learn how to rip off and steal from other teams better, we'll never get a dynasty this way.

I'll write a better letter when I have some time.

#23 abyzmul, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  4. abyzmul

Dear Coach Mangini,

I guess you have realized that the honeymoon ends very quickly in New York. I was very excited about a lot of the things I saw last season, mostly on the offensive side of the ball in terms of coaching, but also in your philosophy. Here was a new coach that was going to take a 180 degree approach to games from the approach that we had grown wearily accustomed to under the Herman Edwards regime. Competition at every position and playing on the edge and taking risks and thinking outside the proverbial box. We saw an approach to player acquisition that would give some of the more physically gifted athletes on the team multiple roles to maximize effectivenes of the gameplan.

Is it any wonder half of a base of Jets fans is calling for your head in year two? It seems that you want to remain consitent in your plans, which tediously became apparent as we watched Chad Pennington flounder and stumble for the past few weeks. Well, my friend, if you are going to be consistent in your philosophy of competition at every position, why is it that we are suddenly re-evaluating number of positions at the bye week? Shouldn't this re-evaluation be happening every week? To maximize competition? At EVERY POSITION?

You are not putting all of your players in the best position to succeed, you are fitting square pegs into round holes, and we have had enough of that stuff to last us a very long time. If you are going to rebuild a team, you need to start with the foundation first, same as a house. And if you build a house on blocks that cannot bear the weight, the whole house comes down. Do something to make us realize you're still there.

Sincerely,
    abyzmul

#24 abyzmul, Oct 23, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

As a long-time and seasoned Jets fan, I must say that I am woefully disappointed in the performance of the team. Virtually nothing has been like last year. There must be an explanation and there must be an answer. I sense that you are on the verge of losing the team; I can feel it, I can see it, and I can smell it. Why? You had respect last year. This year, it would appear that your stubborn ways may be carving out your future.

Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rumplestillskin!!!!!!

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I would also like to know if you like long walks on the beach, exercising, non-smokers, and a sense of humor. I'm just looking for friendship first, and dirty rotten nasty sex if it all works out.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Dear Eric,

Damn you for stealing every Jet fans first born child!

<insert repetitive whining here>

The end.

:rolleyes:

8. nvot9

nvot9 New Member

Honestly, I would tell him two things and two things only, both of which would do miracles for our team...

A) Stop being such a little b*tch on offense. Stop playing conservatively. The one thing we need to do on offense, is to be looking to score on EVERY SINGLE PLAY. It's funny that the the few times the Jets have scored this season are when they make big plays. For instance, when the Pennington made the deep throw to Coles at the beginning of the Bengals game. That was a brilliant play. Also, we seem to do very well at the end of the game when we're losing. We suddenly get a sense of urgency, that we HAVE to get a TD to win the game...we need to be playing with that same mentality the entire game. (I also think we need to mask our plays with Leon and be a bit more deceptive with him to bring out his full potential, but that's not as important).

B) Switch back to the 4-3 Mangini. I know you're stubborn and wanna be right...but you're not, just admit it. Our personnel is much more suited for the 4-3, Vilma was the best LB in the NFL then, now he's really just another MLB. Our defense was dominant back then..

9. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

Dear Coach,

I'm a whiny little bitch who doesn't understand why you can't rebuild my favorite franchise in 1 year.

From, Cry-Baby Bitch Boy(s)

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

P.S. Sign that fatass from Atlanta...stat!

BTW...good one Tank^

11. abyzmul

You're right, his approach this season has been masterful, how did I not see the benefit in tanking half of a season? Good catch.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You think his decisions this season are all a part of some master plan that we cannot see? You've got more foresight then the rest of us then, because I think he fell asleep at the controls

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I think his decisions thus far are part of the learning process of a new NFL head coach. I also happen to think that he'll prove my loyalty in a few years. Be patient.

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Dearest Eric-
    By my calculations, you and this losing organization have cost me 3 hours per weekend x 7 weeks, not counting time spent on TheGangGreen.Com or a crappy preseason.

21 hours Eric....That's alot of time. That doesn't count the one game I attended where the highlight was the tailgate (opening day) and I was stuck in 4 hours of traffic heading home.

I was about to start a crown moulding project in a room of the house which will soon be a nursery. Seeing as how you've wasted 20+ hours of my time, you owe me, and you owe me handsomly. Eric, you seem to be pretty much a jack of all trades, given your football experience but also your extensive acting credits, most notably in Sesame Street (your best work), the Sopranos, and a cell phone commercial which I have yet to see.

The way I see it, you aren't doing much during the week, otherwise we'd actually see some results on any given Sunday. Consequently, as you've wasted 20+ hours of my time, you are now on the job. That's right, you'll be installing my crown moulding as I sit back and watch from the next room, drink in hand and a smile from ear to ear. What's that? You need help? No problem, bring Sutton along, he can help pick up the nails that you drop and sweep sawdust, since it's already pretty clear that he's of no use when it comes to gameplay on Sundays.

I expect you at the house by 6AM. Just to get you really juiced during the project, I'm going to blast Motzart, full volume, and then every 1/2 hour my kid is going to enter the room and shoot you with his super-soaker....Till then.....

15. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Our officiall site doesn't have it up. Link, please?

16. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Thank you Eric Manfuckass; you have succeeded in doing what many before you have managed to fail at; you have finally sucked every ounce of Jets joy that I have ever experienced watching the Jets and reduced it to complete disgust.

The other day I indicated that they product you put on the field this year was as bad as the Kotite teams; I would likely kindly take that back and inform you that this team is actually worse than the 62 Jets.

Please accept the below picture as a recommendation as to what you may try next:

[​IMG]