Can't even blame this loss on Chad...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Russ Reign, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

I have NEVER been a fan of Chad, and I def wanna see Kellen, but you can't even come close to pinning this loss on Chad...

I have to pin it squarely on the back of the MANGENIOUS... HE is the one who is responsible for SHOTTENHEIMER and the offensive play calling, which was ATROCIOUS... yea, Chad threw the pick at the end, but who called the play? When the booth announcer, my girlfriend, my dog, etc. know what play is coming, you can be damn sure that the DBacks know...

WHY ARE WE THROWING 5 yard outs with 90 yards to cover??? 4 plays in a row??? During the 2 minute drill????

Oh, and the defense is horrendous... WHO WAS THAT RUNNING BACK? JIM BROWN???

Wake up Mangini, and get off your high horse! You are NOT BILL BELLICHECK!!! You don't need to give the media ambiguous answers and "ACT AS IF" you were the leader of the free world... So far this year, YOU and YOUR SYSTEM are the WORST in the entire NFL!!!

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Because that is as fas as Pennington can throw.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I can not believe I am replying but oh well...................

Do the words "Check-Down" mean anything?

4. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

He got a lob out there 35 yards in the air earlier in the game... yes, Chad has no arm, but he can throw the ball longer than 5 yards regardless... We need to at least give ourselves a CHANCE to win the game in that situation... If he throws an INT going deep, so be it... BUT those were NOT checkdowns... they were designed plays cause the secondary was playing prevent in that situation... SHOTTY needs to make SURE the QB realizes that 5 yards does nothing in that situation... For christ sakes, sprint three WRs in a fly/fly/post and chuck the ball out there... better than the nonsense that happened on Sunday...

5. HackettSuxTNG

Yeah, about 2 miles up in the air. It was a balloon.

6. BenGrahamFan

BenGrahamFan Member

Funny I recall him throwing a 57 yard bomb to Coles in the 1st quarter:up:

7. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

It was... but at least a deeper pass would give us the CHANCE to cover some ground... everyone knew the 5 yard out was coming...

8. HackettSuxTNG

Coles needed a Pogo stick to jump up and get it.

9. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Show your ignorance, that was a perfect throw.

10. The Mak

The Mak New Member

That's bullshit and you know it. Chad hit Coles in stride on that pass.

11. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

He actually did... it wasnt a bullet or anything, but that ONE pass was a good throw...

12. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Great, so the whole defense was licking their chops, waiting to jump a CP pass. I'm sure that was part of the Bengals defensive game plan. So on the first series, Coles pulls a double move, the CB bites and he is open by 10 yds.

CP throws a perfect rainbow, hits Coles in stride and we get 6. so it took us 6 games of dink and dunk floaters to set up a quick strike.

Notice that they didn't go back to it. Why? Because after getting burnt, the Cinci dbs weren't biting. So we were back to the dink and dunk for the rest of the game, including crunch time, down by 8, during our last chance drive.

CP looks down field.... noone is open by 10 yds.... throw the checkdown... 5 yd out... underthrown again.... PICK 6

#12 SI_Jets_Fan, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  13. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Thats BS, I want Kellen in now too, just to see what we have but That 57 yarder was a very nice shot down field. Coles had to kick it into overdrive to catch up to it and pull it in. My jaw actually fell on the floor on that one. Was a perfect long pass. I was hopeing they would go back to that at leaast one more time. But they didn't. The throw was not a rainbow either if you look at it. It actually had some zip to it and it was deffinately not very high up at it's peak. I loved it. But we need to see what we have in Clemens. With a young strong armed QB who has learned how to manage the game from Chad Pennington for over a year, we will hopefully have what we have all been waiting for. But don't expect that change to effect this team all that much. We stink and I mean STINK in all other facets of the game.

#13 fake_crs, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  14. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

I agree. It was a great pass. To a receiver that was wide open. I loved it too. And I hoped to see more of it. I guess I don't handle disappointment well. I should though... I am a Jets fan.

15. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Agreed on all points. If Chad enjoyed that pass as much as he seemed to then why would he then prceed to check down for most of the remainder of the game? This team is just baffling.

16. CHADS_OVERRATED

The only time a pass like THAT gets completed,is if there's some type of blown coverage(or a double move) and a guy is WIDE open(like madonna on prom night),because if a halfway decent defender is on coles,he's gonna have all day to make a play on that LOB throw.

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

It has been the D before the QB for most of the season. Let's remember who consistently puts the Offense in a position to have to force plays at the end of the game even when they provide half time leads. This is a defense that will lose you a game if your offense does not get points on every position. With a half decent defense, we are a 3-4 team right now (Giants game and Bengals game).

Fuck it, put in Kellen it doesn't matter right now. We could have Peyton and LT and we'd still fucking lose because of the farce we have on the defensive side of the ball.

18. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

You are out of your mind. That wasn't even a lob, it was a strike. You don't throw a ball that far down field much harder than that.

And what are you talking about? QB's complete lobs all the time. If your throwing vertically, you usually are throwing a lob, and that's fine as long as you hit them in stride.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

It actually only went 50 yards in the air, but close enough

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

There could be a few reasons he threw to the check down over and over....

1) It truly hurts to throw deep

2) He doesnt have any faith in his arm on the deep ball.

3) He has no balls...he doesnt have the nerve to throw the deep ball unless the man is wide wide open, as Coles was.