Just how bad was that last inteception?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 22, 2007.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I mean... damn. That thing had the hang time of a punt!

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You hear commentators say the same things week in and week out. "I have tons of respect for Chad Pennington, he's a great competitor and a nice guy but..."

Then we actually have to watch it play out again, just like the week before. It's like fucking ground hog day.

3. HackettSuxTNG

Pennington is a fine field general. The problem is that he has such little confidence in his own arm, that he is making the wrong decisions.

#3 HackettSuxTNG, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

And, also because of his arm, the right decisions (for someone who can make the throws) sometimes turn out the wrong way. I didn't see the int return yet, I had a long drive and stopped watching after the botched snap, but my guess is that he hung one out there like a kite and a DB or LB just jumped the route, same as always.

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think its the opposite to be honest...I think he has too much confidence in his arm.

Did you hear his press conference? Some of the things he was saying made me believe that he still thinks he can make all the throws. I don't know the exact quote, but it had something to do with that.

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If you listen carefully on the video , its so late you can actually hear the stadium announcer calling when it will arrive.

7. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

I am just baffled that the out-route is still in the playbook.

Chad can't throw it, so stop running it!

It really isn't that difficult.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What was Coles doing on that play? He looked like he fell over.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

His legs got entangled with the DBs........meaning it was probably pass interference. I mean, the DB did contact him before the ball arrived and Revis got called for almost the same thing twice in the second half.

That said, worst pass Chad ever threw. I'm still in stunned disbelief over that throw. Knowing you have a weak arm, wouldn't you TRY to zip it in there even a little? He threw it like he was playing catch with a little kid & you want him to catch it to build his confidence.

10. HackettSuxTNG

The Jets had already beaten them TWICE on the sideline, so you knew they were going to stack it on the sides to prevent the clock from stopping.

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

So many of his INT's have come one this play. Quite a few have been durig would-be game winning/tying drives. The Jets 2:00 Offense is so predictable and so laughable. When we are down with less than 2:30 left in the game, I do not think we're capable of winning with Chad as our QB.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The trip had nothing to do with the interception. As the DB broke on the ball he and Coles tripped over each others feet. Coles was not watching the ball yet and actually never turned for it at all.

The interception was caused by the DB jumping the route cleanly and taking the ball away. If Coles had not tripped he'd still have been out of position to make a play on the ball, however he'd likely have run down the DB before it turned into 6 and game over.

13. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

the game was already over at this point.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That was the way I saw it as well - I didn't think it was PI at all, as the DB was just going straight for the (incredibly poorly thrown) ball, something he has every right to do.

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

The whole play had a very surreal feel to it. After the sack and the panicked rush to the line you just knew something bad was coming. As for the pass itself it was almost like watching a replay as he's thrown horrendous interceptions on that route several times this season.

The entire drive as a whole up to that point was laughably pathetic as well, having players make 2 and 3 guys miss to desperately pick up 5 yards and get out of bounds when they should've been tackled in bounds for a yard.

This is also a major reason why we need to see Clemens get some signficant action. I'm willing to concede that Schottenheimer is extremely limited in the types of plays he can run with Chad in there, but the problem may run deeper then that. He needs to be evaluated as well with a change at the QB position.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding ding......Folks we have a winner.

The OC has been hideous.

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i would have guessed you would jump all over that post above. after all, one only needs to read your prediction that is under all your posts to see you will never admit noodle arm is killing the jets. and how is that prediction working out for you? i would have thought you would have it removed by now. when was the last time you were right about anything?

18. JetMan2488

JetMan2488 New Member

It was another horrible 2nd half / 4th quarter throw by Chad Pick Six Pennington.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I can so relate to the surreal experience. There was also the feeling of de ja vu not the good kind but the eery one. You knew we had no shot in hell of scoring a TD on that drive but you torturously watched. Even when Chad was at his best I never felt comfortable with him executing a game winning/tying drive especially when a TD was needed. Conversely outside of 1998 I never felt comfortable with Vinny except for when the game was on the line. You almost want to give Chad a pass for throwing an INT because it felt like the game was over at that point anyway. I think it's time for a change if not but for the sole reason that we can stop loosing all hope of winning before a game winning/tying even begins.

20. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

It was the third in his trilogy of late game ints: the Buffalo game, the goal line int vs the gints, and the broken wingtoss yesterday.