Everyone is just frustrated and angry...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by scoochydawg, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

jets lost, im happy. We actually need major defensive help and a top ten pick would be perfect for that.....Start Clemens next week, not that Chad was bad today, but come on he is the future.

2. I've been trying to figure out the reason why he's still playing for about 3 weeks...still cant find a reason.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I wanted Pennington to stay on the bench after the Ravens game. Hell, I wanted Clemens to be given a fair opportunity to win the job in camp. One could tell last year that Pennington can't win big as a starting QB in the NFL anymore.

4. I'm right there w/ ya man. But I could at least UNDERSTAND Pennington coming back up till the Giants game.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I too can certainly understand why Mangini opted to go back to Pennington for the Week 3 game and beyond.
    I'm just saying I saw enough in 2006, preseason 2007, and Week 1 2007 to say that is enough. I would be a little more gutsy making a change at quarterback.

Another thing that could have been done here was Mangini could have given Clemens at least one drive per game. Let Clemens get the first drive of the second quarter.
    Dan Reeves used to let Michael Vick play a series here and a series there as a rookie.
    Former Jet Ken Whisenhunt is doing all sorts of gutsy things with the Cardinals. He was playing both Leinart and Warner during games. Then today he put Tim Rattay on the field and he threw a TD pass on his only official play (Rattay was also on the field as a WR on a play in the first half, but the play became null and void after an infraction). Then Anquan Boldin threw a pass on the 2-point try (it was intercepted).
    Anyway, my point is, Mangini at the very least could have let Clemens play a series here or a series there over the past few weeks.