Anyone else have that feeling?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 19, 2007.

1. CYensePHIction

I always have that feeling, like I did last week and the week before, but its usually (sadly) unfounded in the end,

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's 'Ghana Togo', but that's OK.

3. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I defintely had the feeling against the vagiants and the iggles, but was wrong.

I dont have "that" feeling this week.

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

Thought about it today....... Chad Johnson and houshmanzadeh.... pfffffftttt 50 pts for bengals.

5. UKJetFan

UKJetFan New Member

The feeling is gone and replaced by complete numbness. Mangini will play Chad, which will give us very little offense and stop us utilizing some of our most talented players. The defense will again play the worst run-defense NT in the game, which will get our LBs killed as usual and when we try to cover the run, this will allow other teams to dominate our secondary.

This is just a case of another coach becoming too fixated with certain players after his first year. Thus riding them and his career into the ground. Hopefully like Mo Lewis, after a while I'll remember Pennington for the good things that he achieved and not that final year.

6. JetMan2488

JetMan2488 New Member

I had the same feeling of that we would probably win last week at home against Philadelphia, Rob A. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and now my feeling is that we will get crushed by an offense that will pick apart David Barrett and Andre Dyson. Will Revis play well? Yes, he has always played well so far this season. However, this is his toughest test, and I don't see how he couldn't give up a few big plays to either Johnson or Houshmanzadeh.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I feel like I can almost guarantee the Bengals will have 2 or 3 drives where they go down the field in 5 or 6 plays. With our lack of pass rush, Palmer will chew us up. They will probably get 30+. We cannot score enough, even against a D like this, with our Dink n Dunk. And Chad will have turnovers. We need at least one turnover TD and one ST TD. What is the likelihood of our getting that?

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Considering that you felt that the Jets would go 12-4 this year and the Pats would finish below .500, you'll forgive me if I don't take your feelings too seriously, Rob.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I have the exact opposite feeling, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jets lose by 3+ touchdowns tomorrow. I think the Clemens era starts tomorrow at halftime with the Jets down by two scores or something.

10. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we are gonna lose is that the feeling u talkin about.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

That is what 99.9% of Jets fans are thinking IMO.
    If that does happen I will feel for Chad , because he has been a very good servant of the team , but players come and go , but we as fans will always be here. Thanks for the many good times Chad.
    Doesn't this feel enevitable?

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If all of that comes to pass Mangini is going to be toast at the end of the season. You run a major corporation into the ground and you get axed. NFL teams are major corporations these days.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sad to say but Mangini probably thinks if he plays Pennington enough then he is bound to get injured and he can make the switch without pissing off the veterans.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

According to Francessa today Chad has a groan injury that is hampering him. My guess this is a press leak in case Chad is pulled they can go back to him if Clemens doesn't perform.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This is the first encouraging thing that I have heard in a while. I agree 100% that this is a plant designed to allow Clemens to step in at halftime without controversy if Pennington stinks it up. I still think that a real head coach wouldn't give a damn about such things (and would tell veterans who had a problem with Pennington being pulled to shove it), but at least it makes me think that Mangini's blinders might finally be off.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

As a pro coach though , WHY does it take pressure from the fans to make him think this way? I swear that there are a few guys on here that I think better of and that could do a better job.
    Sick of mediocrity.

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Like I said, I EXPECT the jets to lose 41-10. But for some reason, I have a feeling they are going to win.

18. Drew

Drew Active Member

Suprise, suprise.

19. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Not too far off...was I?

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Not far at all, the jets continue to disappoint us in the worst way possible.