Is DeWayne Robertson OFFICIALLY a bust?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 8, 2007.

?

Is DeWayne Robertson OFFICIALLY a bust?

1. Yes

50.8%
  2. No

49.2%
  1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Why is he any more miscast than Joe Klecko was when he was moved to NT?

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I remember back in the TGG Middle Ages, a silly poster named Hikeman (I think he now posts on JN under the name Frank Magoo, or some such thing), who used to show up on Monday mornings, explaining how he had broken down the game tape (on his television, no less), and would tell us all how DRob was getting double and triple teams nearly every play.

Good times. . . . good times. . . .

4. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I don't think he is a bust. Overpaid? Yes. Does he fit the 3-4 Nose position? Absolutely not. Should he be traded if possible? Yes.

5. dave123

dave123 New Member

i do not think he is a bust, when someone is playing out of position for so long, like so many of our defense starters, they can not be considered busts, why are the coaches so stubborn to change to a 4-3 where they can play to our strengths, it is heartbreaking to see this pathetic 3-4 get runover all game, and every replay that is shown, its drob getting blown off by the guard, n vilma not bein able to shed a block

6. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Yes for a 4th overall pick he has not lived up to that potential. Is he a bad player..no. If he was playing in the 4-3 would he be better..yes. Would he be a 4th overall pick no. So definitely a bust. If we were to trade him now we would be lucky to get a 4th round pick for the guy.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

DeWayne Robertson...Hmmm, let's dissect.

I'm thinking his name means 'Wayne of Robertson', but that's just me. Well, his lederhosen fit the part. OK, NFL issue pants, but stretch your imagination here. All puns intended.

#47 jetophile, Oct 10, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You mean the 3rd alter ego of Champ/BIHW? Sad to see the evil side overcome the good side like that.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its hard to tell really. If you judge him by being the number 4 overall, than yeah hes a bust. But actually he's a decent player nothing special but can get the job done. And for the record, that wasn't a normal draft year, it was a Verrrrrry weak class therefore instead of getting two crappy players we got one decent one- meh i'll take it