Mike Greenberg of ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Oct 9, 2007.

1. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I have no big deal with anyone liking them. Just like most hate Mike and the Mad Dog, I don't mind them at all.

Now I wouldn't care about their opinion much either. Chris knows more football than Mike Greenberg, and he doesn't know much. Francesa now does know football so I may care about what he had to say some.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Look I give Greeny many kudos for doing what he did since he is speaking for all NYJ fans & he saying it is time to stop the garbage you have presented to NYJ fans year after year. Since he has a bully pulpit the radio/TV show for sure Woody may at least take some heed since the ENTIRE country that was listening heard Greeny comments whereas my comments go no further then TGG right making Greeny scope far, far greater then mine right again?

3. KSJets

KSJets New Member

No radio personality speaks for all fans. His opinion has no more weight than anyone elses'.

4. championjets69

Well in this case I would say he is speaking for the majority of the NYJ fans maybe you & some others excluded

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Again, his opinion doesn't carry any more weight than yours or mine.

6. championjets69

Sure it does cause he said it on national TV & radio. Sorry for U if U cannot understand that

7. GreenMachine

So if I call up a radio show and say you are clueless, it makes it more relevant?

8. championjets69

U R still missing the point sorry to say Greeny IS the host of a national radio/TV show so he has the pulpit which to do what he did & then have it picked it by other sportscasters all over the country. Im my case I am a unknown beyond TGG so if you say U got on one of the WFAN shows you would appear mighty silly saying CJ69 is whatever words you choose to use for me since noobody beyong TGG regulars have the slightest idea who I am whereas as most know of the NYJs. Also you know your venom about the state of the NYJs should not be directed at me but at Woody, Tan & Man since they are the ones responsible for the product presently on the field.

9. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Again, NO ONE's opinion matters more than someone elses'. So he has a forum to speak his mind to millions of people. So what? It doesn't make his opinion any more right than someone elses'.

Sorry for U if U cannot understand THAT, Mr. SLW.

10. championjets69

Ah the perception out there when said on national radio & TV gives it tons of creditability. It is like seeing it in the newspapers same affter effect. Even here on the TGG once seen many believe it is the bible

11. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

that's a preposterus notion....you happen to be one of the people that reads something in the papers or hears it on tv that thinks it's the bible....especially if said opinion happens to agree with your own

just because something is said on tv or radio, it doesn't mean it has any more credibility, just just means that more people might hear it....seems you can't tell the difference

I like Greenberg and think he knows plenty about football and the Jets.....I happen to agree with his sentiments as well, but just becasue he is a radio/tv personality and he has a forum to state his opinions, ...it doesn't make it fact or anymore credible....and anyone that thinks that is weak minded.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

There is a lot of truth to the whole mob mentality Champ is talking about... but again that does not make it credible or right. Just because a majority of people agree on something does not make it right.

13. championjets69

Ha you & others kindly remember this post when I am on the other side of the argument from you & you post that everybody agrees with U so I should switch sides to be in the majority.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

They will learn the hard way. I believe it was about six months ago you and I with about five other Posters predicted how the Pennington saga would play out. Every day the 200 or so supporters for Chad then would try and argue us down. Six months later the same people want him gone. The Majority will switch sides on this as well.

15. championjets69

Hopefully you are correct. To bad they did not listen to all those warnings posted this last off season not to get there expectations up but naturally drinking that deep green koolade & wearing green color glasses & reading those stirring TC reports they all thought we were SB bound with Mangenius commanding & Mr. Einstein CP steering the ship. Now they have nobody to blame but themselves for there own silliness causing them deep depression & frustration. Ha just wait till next year & the one after that as they may all have to take the gas pipe by them since those seasons will be as worse as this one will be. Just wait & see

16. lightning

lightning Active Member

I like the tim kurkijan song (sp?). That's about it