Mike Greenberg of ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Oct 9, 2007.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I waited for sombody to post this but so far it seems nobody has so here it is.

Yesterday on national TV Greeny called the NYJs terrible & a joke & said we now certainly have a QB "problem" & he was at one time one of CPs stongest supporters

I wonder if those remarks have even reached our dear owner & I wonder how he feels about his team being called terrible

2. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Greenberg and Golic are a couple of talking heads who don't know their asses from their elbows. While Golic was an athlete, he focuses most of the time on air trying to tune his radio voice, and Greenberg is a whiney fat lipped jack off.

If Woody Johnson is going to listen to Greenberg instead of our professional coaching staff then we really have a problem.

3. championjets69

The point is not what Greeny & Golic are it has having your team called terrible & a joke on national TV. BTW in case you are unaware Greeny is a NYJ fan & season tix holder

4. DevTeam

I know that he Greenberg is a jets fan, but he's also a massive jackhole. The point is, they're both a couple of idiots and what they think hardly matters. When a team is 1-4, everyone thinks you suck, so that's not exactly headline news is it?

5. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

And this is the first time you have heard people say negative things about the Jets, I thought you would be immune by now. Woody is making baby powder and shampoo leave him be.

6. championjets69

No but somewhere there should be some kind of pride coming to the fore & be terribily embrassed that have his team is called a joke & terrible on national TV. Why would you try to wash it away & demean Greeny as well since you are the not the owner of the NYJs are you?

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It isn't like Johnson has ever acted like a fan of the Jets. He is just an owner looking at the bottom line. As long as that isn't changing very much he could care less about wins and losses.

8. DevTeam

You're obviously a Mike & Mike fanboy. That's fine. Everyone in the national media thinks we suck right now. The fact that Greenberg can speak his mind about "his" teams just means that he's going to be a little more vocal. You're not going to see Chris Berman doing that on monday night live.

Obviously, I'm not Woody Johnson. All I'm saying is that if he's going to let a couple of douchebags in the media affect his decision making, then we have a much larger problem.

9. championjets69

Well I believe you are totally underestimating our problems then

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Mike Greenberg is a guy who reads the sports pages and talks about them with anyone who will listen. Take away the 50,000 watt signal and how is he any different than my mouthy neighbor, Davey? Matter of fact, I'd say the two of them are fairly interchangeable. The Davey & Mike Show?

11. championjets69

This was not from reading the sports pages but his frustration over the state of the NYJs. I think he had flown in from somewhere just to see the game & then like all of us was terribily disappointed with the outcome. Being a staunch NYJ fan & season tix holder calling them a joke & terrible on both national radio & TV should be a signal to the owner. If I owned the team I would be very embrassed & extremely pissed off since those comments reflect directly on the Woody. The show must have some kind of following since they have been on several years now also.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Gee, the whole sports world monitors every word these 2 experts say. I betcha Woodie is looking to sell the team as we speak before the price goes down.

13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Actually, he's a fanboy of everyone who says anything negative about the team. He feels it validates the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth.

14. I actually like Mike and Mike...not sure why anyone would dislike them

15. KSJets

KSJets New Member

One of the few that I do like.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Thanks Champ. If we are ever in need of someone to tell us things we already know,we now know who to turn to.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This may come as a shock to you, but I bet that Woody watches the games - even when they lose. :smile:

Building a championship team does not happen overnight champ. It never has. Why don't you have some patience. After waiting for 35+ years you think you would have mastered that. :smile:

18. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Woody is great! He tried to bring the Jets to NY. He has done a lot for this team, and to badmouth him is just silly.

19. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

A massive jackhole? Idiots? You sound like you know them personally. What did they do to you to call them such things? I think they're entertaining, myself.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Mike and Mike seem pretty cool. You want Jackholes come listen to Miami sports radio.