No one is listening to me.......WE NEED A TE!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen88, Oct 8, 2007.

1. GangGreen88

GangGreen88 New Member

Why is it that we ignore the TE position? I am tired of Chris Baker and all the other TE's we have drafted in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds. We need a bonafide stud TE. Take last nights game for instance. Chicago threw several times to Clark (TD) and Olsen (TD). Packers threw to Franks and Donald Lee several times. Ben Watson had 2 td's for NE. Gates, Tony, even Owen Daniels are studs. Heath Miller is a stud. What do we have for the last 5 years or so.......Chris Baker, and we ignore him. I am sure a stud TE will help our handicapped QB throw better to the middle of the field, compared to those floating out patterns. Your thoughts????

2. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

I agree with you 1000% about USING the TE more... but what has Baker even done to prove that he's NOT capable of being a stud? Has he EVER dropped a pass? I can't really remember one... he's a physical player whos has always done what's been asked of him and he has great hands... MANGINI needs to be called out for underutilizing him IMO...

3. green machine

green machine New Member

yes, that will make it all better:rofl:

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

TE is certainly not the most glaring need on this team.

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Chris Baker is a VERY talented pass-catching threat at TE.... We just need to utilize his talent on a more consistent basis

6. Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady,and Anthony Becht are all reasons for us NOT to take a TE early in a draft.

Also, Baker would be a MUCH better producing TE if he had a QB who could throw downfield consistently

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Neither was RB or CB..that didn't stop anything.

8. jetglass

jetglass New Member

It doesnt matter who our TE is, the problem is that our O line is so bad in pass protection we need to keep the TE on the LOS to help in pass protection.

9. PennyandtheJets

Our Running game hasn't been the same since Anthony Becht left...I would take Becht over Baker any day...he was like a 6th Olineman with average hands.

10. That has not been the case the past 3 games. The pass protection has been quite good.

11. PennyandtheJets

CB wasn't a need? Give me a break...

How do you think we would be doing without Revis?

Dyson and Barrett are horrendous.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Baker is a great TE...he has had a clutch play in every game i've seen this year, whether it be for a first down or a touchdown. TE is the last thing we need to worry about.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

As much as a good tightend can help you, its the least significant position on the field. You can easily win with a one dimensional tightend who can block, and sometimes it's better to have one who can just block, then just catch passes. How many tightends win MVP's?

14. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

We need a TE that can also play DT and CB.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The same as we are with him. Giving up 200 yards a game on the ground. Opposing teams don't even need to pass. I think you need to give yourself a break.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

baker has pretty good hands but cant get separation....though most if not all TE cant get separation so it makes it that much more important you have a QB that can gun it in there once in a while.

oops, back to the QB again.......gggg

jil

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Did you even watch the last game? Baker was one of the bright spots , again.
    What you seem to be ignoring is that everytime Baker is asked to do something , he does it and most of the time very well. As has already been said , we need to use him MORE.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You are without a shadow of doubt one of the least knowledgeable posters. Please stop. Seriously do watch the games or just post here to say inane things?

Revis was a glaring need, to say otherwise is being stupid, ignorant or just arguing for the sake of it.

Revis also steps up at the line <the point of attack> and makes tackles on run plays but being a blind ignorant bat you probably never notice or just do not care. That shows he is a tough CB. Not too mention he is the best cover guy and tackler among the CB's. I shudder to think how much worse off this D would be without him. Hey but why let facts like that get in the way of a bad argument?

This teams ills can not be fixed in 2 drafts and an offseason and a half. They have drafted very well. Nothing short of signing A. Thomas, which was not going to happen would make the pass rush any better. There was no true NT available in free agency.

Back on topic: Baker makes big catches whenever thrown too. The problem is the QB we have can not make a throw a high school QB can make. You really think he is going to try and throw a pass in the middle of the field where TE's normally make catches? He can not make the required throws to Baker it pretty much is as simple as that.

Also if you think a TE is a glaring need on this team, I have a used bridge to sell you. Don't worry it is cheap.

#18 Miamipuck, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  19. jcjet

jcjet Member

well said. Give baker a chance first

20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Disagree. Whenever he gets the ball thrown his way, he makes the play. He's also a pretty good blocker from what I've seen.

The TE isn't really utilized much in this offense though... Baker never gets the ball thrown his way...