Blame Rests at Tannenbaum's Feet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Oct 8, 2007.

1. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Thomas Jones is a 100 yard back every week and Chad Pennington is a winning QB ......IF TANNENBAUM HAD CONTINUED BUILIDING THE OFFENSIVE LINE. BUT HE DIDN'T...

He started rebuilding the foundation in 06, then abandoned the project the next year, leaving our forward wall a few D'Bricks short.

The Jets defensive is an effective unit..... IF TANNENBAUM FINDS A DT OR TRUE NOSE TACKLE FOR HIS COACH'S 3-4 DEFENSE. BUT HE DIDN'T...

Two years in, and he hasn't he tried to bring in the key piece that Mangini needs to builds his defense.

Tannenbaum should be charged with reckless endangermeant....Fire Tannenbaum, and bring back Tuna as GM

2. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

where u watching the game? the giants had one sack, coming after a week in which the had 10+ sacks. The Line wasnt the problem yesterday. Chad and the defense were the big problem.

3. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I thought the line played well yesterday also. I think the lack of a running game was a direct result of LBs and safeties playing closer to line because they knew they weren't going to get beat deep.

4. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Tannenbaum has a lot to answer for and it now appears except for money management he's overmatched in the Personnel area of NFL G.M.'s. Woody needs to wake up before we sink this ship for another decade.

5. 1. The OL issues are pretty much construed to run blocking ability and depth. Pass protection wise, the unit is very good. But as for the run blocking and depth issues...those are a result of the Bradway era, completely shunning the position in drafts and fa for several years. 2 years of drafting are not gonna solve that.

2. The problem w/ the true NT complaints...is that is a difficult position to fill. Who was available that wouldve come in and woulddve been able to start at a high level? There was absolutely no one. The bigger complaint I have falls on Mangini: We had several very good pieces available to play the 4-3 at a high level. If he wanted to throw in the occassion 3-4 look to keep things fresh...that wouldve been fine. But why mess w/ young quality talent that was already on the roster, to switch to something where spots are difficult to fill, and put young quality player's performance in jeopardy?

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

the line wasn't the problem....yesterday. However,it was in the previous games. Chad has already developed the habit of getting rid of the ball as fast a possible in fear of getting smoked. And he is not that type of QB,he needs time to make a decision. He had it yesterday,but was still forcing throws due to the line letting him down previously

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

thats why bradway is still here...hesmore responsible for the football moves than you think apparently

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Tannenbaum has never made a single personnel decision since he got the job without getting Mangini's input and agreement. You can't possible blame him alone.

9. Jetsfan5

Jetsfan5 New Member

Yes Chad is the reason the running game sucks. He can't throw anymore and Schott calls the plays like Hackett now so of course they will stuff our run. The o-line looks better every week, but Chad and the d-line are giving us problems.

10. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. We need a true nose tackle for the 3/4 that Mangini wants to use. Also our LBackers are not very good. I would give Harris the starting job and look to upgrade the LB core as well and get a pass rusher.

Problem is the Tanni is very cheap with the money and spends it as if it is his own. It will be interesting what we do in the draft.

11. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

What are you talking about. WHat move has he made that makes you think he is overmatched?????

12. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Is he thats why he gave Coleman a HUGE Signing bonus and they gave Jones an extension. Some of us Jets fans are rediculuous.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I saw the title and thought " Gee finally someone posting what I have been thinking" but you ruined it with the offensive live statement. If we had a God damm QB, with the time he yesterday, against that secondary they would have thrown for 400+ and at least 3 TD's. I guess we lost because of Kendall huh. Now, Thomas Jones has no moves and no seconday gear and where is Coleman, Hicks and Owens. Are they on the team? Are they activated? They are invisible, I have never seen anything like this. You don't even hear their names. What the hell did they see in these people. Is Tannenbaum taking his cues from Bradway or what? Harris looks like the real deal, Revis might be but that's it guys

14. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Had to stop reading at "and Chad Pennington is a winning QB"

Is this supposed to be serious?

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I meant Bowens

16. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

The offensive line is pass protecting...but they don't produce in the running game. Roadgraders are needed along the right side.

There was a NT available in the 2006 draft, Ngota. Many of us talked about getting him. New regime coming in, coach is installing a 3-4 (not saying I agreed with it, but this what the coach Tannenbaum brought wanted to do), he's obligated to draft the cornerstone player of that defense, which is the NT.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And he went to Baltimore. Funny how they know how to build a defense there.

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

the biggest problem with the jets yesterday was chad. plain and simple. the defense plays up on the line and continually jumped routes because they dont have to respect our passing game. the running game suffers in a major way due to chad and his inability to go vertical. he has zero physical ability to play QB in the nfl. he has the mental side down, theres no arguement with that...but his lack of physical talent is def holding the offense back. hes going to get coles or cotch, or even both killed with the passes he leaves hanging where they expose themselves to viscous hits.

chad needs to move over and let kellen get in there. hopefully mangini will make the switch this week. by mid-season chad will be out of the starting job. its the only thing that can be done to try to salvage the season. i like chad, hes an easy guy to root for and to like as a person, but as a QB we need a new direction.

19. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Chad would be serviceable on a run first team where he throws 20-25 passes MAX per game. With our D being what it is and our run game being practically nonexistant Chad is relied on far too heavily. He tried to put the team on his back yesterday and failed. I do feel bad for the guy.

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i dont think the lines at fault so much as the QB is. the defense can stay in the box and not worry about getting beaten deep. if you can play 8 or 9 in the box, and yu know that at worst the pass play will go for 10-15 yards, would you not stack the box?

yesterday was an excersize in playing the chad pennington defense. we are going to see the same thing played for the next 11 weeks. it isnt gonna be fun.