The Chad appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by winstonbiggs, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. But as I said on the other thread, you know what you can kill him for....?

11 seconds left, down 3 to buffalo.

Baker, wide open, headed for the sideline coming across 2 yards closer than the double covered MCCraphands.

Yesterdays pick was even worse.

9 men on the line, coming upfield.

2 wide to the right.

Pre snap both corners inching back, inside WR(Cotchery) goes toward Corner,
    leaving outisde wr 3 yards off Line, with no one within 7 yards of him.

As Cotchery doubles back inside sucking up both corners,the moonball comes out.

That was a horrendous decision, and he had to have made it right after the snap. the Two corners backing up, should have forced him to go to the underneath guy.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The pass into the corner that was picked was an overthrow. If Chad had gotten the ball down and short that's a big gain against a prevent. The throw that was needed was a hard short throw in front of the D with the WR coming back to make the catch.

3. OSUJetFan89

OSUJetFan89 New Member

You don't see too many players in the NFL today as devoted to their team and with such high character as Chad has shown us over the years. He has given me alot to cheer about and i appreciate all he has done in the past, but after watching these last two weeks i think it is time to move on and give Kellen some valuable experience. I think Chad can still be a terrific mentor to Clemens as the team looks to the future

4. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

With the exception of maybe one or two posts, this is the best thread I have seen on this board in a long time. Both supporters and haters a like coming out to admit it's time to move on. Something is wrong with CP, his decision making even going back to last season (16 pics) is questionable, maybe it's one of those things, your brain sees where to go with the ball but his arm just can't deliver it anymore. I just hope the FO sends him someplace where he can be successful or maybe, becuase of the class act he is, he will stay as the backup and mentor KC. Even if he goes to a team where he can start, he will just face the same issues he has here.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Winston you have to go back and look at the tape.

2 WR's one running into Double coverage, one Wide open underneath...

And he threw it up like that deliberately.

Whats worse are the underlying mechanics, in both games,

We are talking about two underneath completions,
    versus forcing two Moonballs into double coverage,
    with both receivers in his line of sight.

Which is really my point. As a Chad supporter, his decision
    making has always been the factor that mitigates
    his lack of arm stregnth.

Now that seems to have deteriorated, for some reason...

#65 Hobbes3259, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  6. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

I saw the play one receiver broke off the pattern because he saw the corner dropping off. Chad thought he would have one-on-one coverage, lofted the ball up hoping for another Brad Smith type of play. I saw in another post someone mentioned Chad is getting rid of the ball too quick, maybe he has no faith in the o-line and does not want to get hurt again, so he is not progressing through all of his reads, he is just picking the primary receiver and going with him.

Chad just looks confused as phuck he has no idea what he wants to do with the ball. Obviously the CS told him to go down field more which to his credit he tried to, but on a few plays the check downs were better options. I loved how the game started off, but then his picks cost the game, even though the D played like shit again.

On a different note, The Jets are too damn predictable, the announcers picked up when TJ is 8 yards off the LOS, they run 96% of the time... if announcers can pick that up I mean come on...

#66 RDriven3, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  7. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

If Chad got benched for good and Clemens became QB, this message board would have about 80% fewer posts.

8. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

For the time being, yes, but then the threads will be replaced with defense ones, individual player ones, etc. you know the bad always gets more coverage than the good.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If CP is so pro NYJ & always wanting to do what is best for the NYJ & not CP then he should bench himself if he really/true cared about our future

Terrific post WB!

10. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I'm in line with Winston on this one, and unfortunately, it seems as if the coaching staff isn't.

They've simply got to cut the cord with Pennington. I've probably been his biggest supporter since he was Testaverde's far more capable backup, but at this point, it's become apparent that he no longer has it. Since the Jets are going to have to finish 9-2 to make the playoffs, you've got to make the move sooner rather than later. They just came out of a stretch of three very winnable games at 1-2, something few teams in the league would do against the Giants, Dolphins, and Bills.

-X-