Is DeWayne Robertson OFFICIALLY a bust?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 8, 2007.

?

Is DeWayne Robertson OFFICIALLY a bust?

1. Yes

50.8%
  2. No

49.2%
  1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

How many years has it been with no significant contribution?

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't think so. He plays the most difficult position on the entire defense and he's been decent. I think if you factor in his salary and his draft position then yea, in that sense he is a bust. But if you consider what is demanded of him, I don't think he's been horrible.

Still, I would only hang on to him if he's willing to bring that price tag down. Otherwise, it's time to start looking for a new NT.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I bash em every week but I still said no because he hasn't had any help and there isn't a DT that can do it alone ESPECIALLY in a 3-4...

Remember when it was him and Ferg? Exactly.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

From the standpoint of being the 4 pick, yes he is a severe bust. As a player overall he's not. Trading up for him is really killing us now though.

#4 Br4d, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  5. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

He's not the ideal fit for what we do, but he's not a bust...

I'm all for implementing the 3-4, but god damn... be flexable and play to your stregnths. we're facing Big Back, who is running down hill all day, the 3-4 getting blown off the ball. Hmmm, let me try something... I have the 4-3 personell here, let me get 4 big bodies and 3 LB's in space and see if I can clog up the run for a hot minute... Ellis, Robertson, Pouha, Coleman up front ... get a little push, Vilma in the middle no longer eaten up by Guards... novel concept... Spell him with a run stopper named Harris when it's 3rd and 3... could work... Bring Pressure off the Edges on passing downs with Thomas and Bowens... no... not Feasable... Barton and Hobson rotating in on the to keep the LB corps fresh and fast... Give the corners and opportunity to press and disrupt timing of an offense... preporterous... we might stop someone...

Ellis

6. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

I agree with he is not being put in the best situation for him to produce at a high level.
    The same what he is doing with Vilma, Ellis and Hobson.

7. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Like others have said, with the right team and right players around him, he can still be a productive defensive tackle. I doubt he'll ever live up to his 4th overall pick value though.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No, poor bastard has noone helping him there in the 3-4 and everybody knows he's not a 34 NT so him being forced to play it shouldn't fall on his shoulders. He was a bust as a DT in the 4-3 though as far as for I'm concerned.

In all reality, I knew we should have kept Ferg who was great in the 4-3 and 3-4 NT roles. Or break the bank for Pat Williams two seasons ago.

9. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

QFT. It's fair to call him a disappointment, but it's completely unfair to call him a bust.

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

He's a DT not a NT...as such, he is not a bust

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The #4 overall pick in the draft.......It's been official for awhile now.......

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We got Drobbed.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Since we traded up to 4 and gave up a 1 to get there I'd say yes

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

While you're at it do you really think Ferguson was worth a #4 too? He is doing better at providing protection but that is only half the job. Before you say he gets no help, that is the same problem Robertson has.

15. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

We saw what he could do when surrounded with the right players, in 2004. He is not in the right D. He could still be a very good player in the 4-3. Pat Williams should be a Jet right now, it would have made a huge difference on this D.

16. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

A bust in the true sense of the word would be out of the league by now.

Now is he living up to the 4th pick? No, but it's hard to. Most 4th picks don't...

17. It was a bad decision by Bradway to move up. However, He has been a solidd contributor his entire time here and filled a huge void for this team. When you factor in how horrible that draft year was...the only reason anyone is calling him a bust is b/c many Jet fans want their players to be a bust. Just another prime example.

18. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Factor in the traded UP to get him and the DL the Pats werre able to put together with leftovers from that draft and the next and YEAH....(plus Seymour)

I said it at the time- In order for Drob to be worth what Bradway paid the guy would have to be LIGHTS OUT.. Even in a 4-3 the guy still needs a Big body next to him to do the dirty work so... Yeah, he's a Bust.

I also said at the time, that when you trade up for a guy like this you better be willing to give up your first born on the fact that this is one of the best players in the game..YES, when you pay THAT much, you should be able to bet your house on this guy having INCREDIBLE, Mind Blowing talent...

Not "wahhh ehhh, the system, wahhhh, he's not getting,..wahhh, but....Wahhhhhh he needs......, wahhhhhhhh but, wahhhhhhhhh?

STOP IT JUST FREAKING STOP IT..... He's a B U S T!!!!!

19. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

Based on draft position and the fact that we made a big trade to acquire him.. yea.. he's a bust.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Why do we need to revisit this every month since he's been a rookie?

He is what he is. He's a good DT, a mediocre NT, a solid NFL player who can be disruptive in the right system occasionally, but he will never live up to the #4 overall pick.