The Chad appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by winstonbiggs, Oct 7, 2007.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

if we wait til next year to find out about clemens then we are flushing 2 years away.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This is both a classy and excellent thread. Great job Winston, as always.

There is no denying Chad has been a warrior for the Jets. Anyone here who can not appreciate what he did for us in the past is... well... sad.

That being said, the future of the Jets starts next week. We need to move on.

We love ya Chad, we wish you could have taken us all the way.

3. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I will say that I am extra glad that Kellen has had Chad to learn from for over a year. I am hoping that not only will Kellen bring with him his physical tools needed to win a game, but also the mental tools that he has learned from Chad during his rookie year. There is really not to many QBs in the league that can match Chads game management ability. Couple that knowlegde with youth and a strong, accurate arm and Kellen could very well be everything we hope him to be and more.

It is about time to make the transition i think. Although this is hard for me, as a staunch Chad supporter. I know what I have seen, Chad arm is definately a liability at this point.

4. Joe W. Namath

Joe W. Namath New Member

Man what a depressing thread. Everything is on point though. Chad just doenst look like he did last year. Whether its the ankle.....I dont know.

Its hard to say goodbye to Chad Pennington. You have guys like Michael Vick who have all the talent in the world and are self absorbed selfish pricks.

Then you get a guy like Chad who has respect for himself, the game and the Jets, and he blows his shoulder out twice. Its a sad ending for Chad Pennington, my favorite Jet.

I wish there was a way we could all say thanks for what hes done for us.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Chad has never been the answer for this team. It was time to move on years ago, but management and the coaching staff has refused to let go.

It's almost impossible not to root for a guy like Chad. But his time is up. He's had more than enough chances to prove he can be the guy.

If Clemens doesn't start next week, I really have to question Mangini's sanity.

6. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Can someone please count how many times there were more than 7 men in the box, meaning within 6 yards of the LOS from basically tackle to tackle. I was trying to pay attention to this all game, and this is complete BS. We absolutely can not run the football. We are worse than Green Bay at running the football and they have Favre so obviously that is not there problem. We have absolutely no running game period.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Any great athlete has to believe in themselves and their ability but a smart athlete has to know when they have lost a few MPH on the fast ball and throw in a change up to make the fast ball look a little better. Today he couldn't just take the easy route and he had to throw up some prayers. It didn't work out for him but I don't think trying and failing is something to be ashamed of. It takes a lot of heart for an athlete to have the guts to be exposed by putting it on the line. I don't see that in any way negative at all. I really respect the fact that he was willing to go for it today. As a fan of the team I also recognize it's time to move in another direction, that's not on Chad though, that's on the coach. You can't blame Chad for failing.

8. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Agreed 100%. Great thread WB. Chad was not checking down today. In his presser he was saying that he thought he improved on his downfield passing, and that it was encouraging for him. Unfortunately, the 3 ugly picks killed him. He looked so depressed, even a reporter commented on it.

Chad, you are a classy guy. Thanks for the memories... Time to hand the ball to Kellen.

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I whole-heartedly am against anyone throwing a touch-pass into double coverage off their back foot while moving backwards from the 20 yard line.....Chad completely blew it...after the defense this is his fault

10. winstonbiggs

Weren't you rooting for the Jets D to inflict injuries to the Giants during the game thread and didn't you quit as a Jets fan during that same game thread? Why are you still here?

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This is the best thread on this board in a very long time, excellent post winston..completely spot on with everything said.

Chalk this up to another promising Jets player whose career is cut short by injuries. The man gave everything he had for this football team and for that I will always appreciate him. With that said, it is clear now that his days as a starting QB are over and as 3rd wisely pointed out, it is up to Mangini now to end this as gracefully as possible. It's Clemens time now, hopefully he turns out to be the QB that can get a championship banner in Hemstead or Florham Park..or at the very least can give me some hope of that dream becoming reality.

Tough loss today, in many ways..

12. joeyg94

joeyg94 Member

great thread its time come on i really like chad and if it wasnt for fucking doug brien he would have got us to a afc champonship game but its time he is not a superbowl qb lets see if clemens is

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

As for this Jets fan, there are very few things worse than losing to the Giants. Makes my skin crawl. I couldn't/didn't/see/hear the game, but I got pretty much caught up on most of it. Disappointing to say the least.

Two things that bothered me, wb. The last INT, apparently Chad was eyeing his intended receiver from the time the ball was snapped. The INT before that, he throws the ball into coverage to avoid the sack instead of throwing it away. Didn't see either, but we could have possibly afforded one, but certainly not both. All that being said, I would like to see the entire game even though I half-kidded in a different thread that I'm not sorry I missed it. I find it hard to believe that Coles' dropped pass on the 10 that I heard about was Chad's fault. I guess I'm not saying anything illuminating all around. It was a long drive home.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]...because 1-4 is a many splendored thing.

#53 jetophile, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I actually will feel more bad for Chad if they DO start him then if they don't.

If the Jets don't start him, then he can graciously take a seat and rest his arm the rest of the year while he waits for a trade to a new team and hopefully a rejuvenation of his career.

However, if the Jets continue to force him out there, then not only does he have everything that has happened this season hanging over him, but his own "fans" will be out for Pennington blood next Sunday, and every other home game until he is benched.

In effect, if Chad keeps playing, then he will be alone no matter where he plays.

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Thanks for the memories chad! And I mean that sincerely, the magical 02 season, the 04 season where we were only one missed FG a way from the AFC Championship, and last yr as the Comeback Player of the Year led us to the playoffs.

Chad is a warrior and a leader, and had his moments. For this chad I thank you for all the memories you gave jets fans.

Now we move on, let the Clemens era begin.

16. You cant be a Jets fan and truly hate Chad. The guy has been nothing but a hard-working, humble, team first class act.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't have the physical skills to lead us to a championship. I wish we could show him alittle more patience and appreciation..but this is a fanbase desperate for a championship...and CP cannot provide that as the starting QB.

17. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

No, he DOES look like he did last year, and that's the problem.

18. dave123

dave123 New Member

cp

i have been a big chad supporter since day 1, n these last 2 games have just hurt the team so much, on his bad decisons n weak throws, its hard to admit bein a big cp supporter, but chad pennington is losing games for us that are very winnable, its time to see if clemens is our guy, becuase thats the guy mangini n company drafted early last yr

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Raiderjoe says-

C Pennington garbage. T Cable fix Raiders O line. Raiders in 1st place. Much better team than jets.

20. winstonbiggs

It was a good game both teams played very hard, both teams made critical errors, our D came up with a big stop to turn the ball over to the O down 4 with plenty of time and time outs left and relatively good field position. Chad tried to make some throws he just can't make any more and it went to very bad very fast.

Coles was an absolute warrior today, you can't blame him for anything so was Cotch. Chad just doesn't have the arm to go down field when the D knows he has to and sometimes down and distance, the score and the situation demands you do it even though the D knows it.