The Chad appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by winstonbiggs, Oct 7, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I hated losing this one. The D got the stop and put the O in position to drive the field for a winning TD with plenty of time and TO left. I love Chad for having the guts to put it on the line and try to get this one done against the Giants. He didn?t dink and dunk he put all his limitations on the line for all to see and tried to win the day. After last week, I respect that enormously. We can?t deny what we all saw, the guys arm is shot.

He gave us moments of absolute magic back in 02 and he gave us a great moment in SD with an arm on the critical list. He managed a young team with a new HC to a surprising playoff appearance last year. It?s time to salute him and move forward. This team has a lot of issues on both sides of the line but we also have some very good young players. It?s time to see if Clemens is the young gun to lead this team going forward. It?s time for Chad to sit down and help Clemens develop.

I have been a big critic of Chad but I feel I understand what he is about. Unfortunately this is a league for the healthy and strong and Chad isn?t either any more. This isn?t about being a Chad homer or a Chad hater, this is about the Jets. This team is rebuilding and we need to see if Clemens is the guy to build this team around.

I really don't want to bash Chad today especially since he showed more heart today by throwing some of those passes than he has by continually checking down to the safe way out. It's not easy to know what's needed and not be able to do it anymore. Hats off to Chad for laying it out there today.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great thread WB, I agree with you. Tough to admit for me, but it is time to move on.

3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I'd appreciate it if Chad got lost

4. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Good post

As a Chad fan (I'll always cherish 2002 and the #10 jersey that I'll wear for a long time), this post hits home. He'll be a big part of Jets history and provided a lot of good memories for us and arguably the best extended run for the Jets in the early 2000s.

It has to be time for a change. It's tough for me, but I'm on board for a change.

EDIT: I was hoping the nature of WB's post, which was well-written, would weed out the typical, juvenile posts. I was wrong.

5. BlameTodd

BlameTodd Banned

Do you honestly, for ONE minute believe that Chad thinks he CAN'T do it?

He's an athlete. He always thinks he can do it!!!!!!!

That's nothing to praise.

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Simply put, Chad's arm is weaker than last yr. I don't know why, but you can just see.. It's even more noticeable now. There's no way we can have a running game with 9 men in the box. We need someone with an arm.... Clemens is the guy now, let's give him 11 games to see if he really is the guy.

7. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Loved Chad, was thrilled when we drafted him, but it's time to let our QB of the future get his growing pains out of the way now. Thanks for the memories Chad.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I have to admit I have been pretty bored watching the Jets this year but against the Giants that big stop by the D, 6 minutes,3 TO's I was really getting pumped for the comeback win. I was really pulling for Chad and you could see he was committed to making the throws down the field. He just can't do it. It's not his fault, I can't kill him for that.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You da man WB. I'll sign that every line.

10. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

If more people expressed themselves like you, this board would be a lot easier to read.

Kudos for a great thread.

11. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Chad has guts, but he's certainly not the same QB he was when he replaced Testaverde.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I never thought I'd live long enough to read this...:beer:

13. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I am starting to feel as though it is time to give Clemens a shot. But that D absolutely needs to start stopping the run. Jacobs was the real story today, taking the entire Jets line with him for chunks of yards. Chad made some bad mistakes, his arm is starting to really become a liability especially when the D gives up big plays. Chad needs a supporting cast around him that we just simply do not have. I will always respect Chad, but right now I am starting to believe that we need a change in direction on both sides of the ball.

I also believe it is time to look at Sutton after this season too. Some more games like today and Mangini should take over as defensive coordinator along with head coaching.

14. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

You suprised me, very classy post and I agree with your for once =)

15. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

In a league (and society, sadly) where too many are selfish, self-centered, classless pieces of crap, Chad has always been the opposite.

He has battled back (twice!) from shoulder surgery that is usually career ending, played hurt, and been about as tough and courageous as you could ever ask a player--or any person--to be.

I appreciate everything he has given, and feel pretty crappy about finally going over to the "Clemens Time" side, but...

16. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I agree with your post. Although vocal about Chad he has given all he can its just at this point in his career after the injuries have taken its toll on him.

17. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

I sort of got the feeling from Chad's demeanor after the last pick that he felt that he had just lost his job. Tough loss for the team who played more inspired ball than they had all year imo. It is tough to say, but Chad needs to hand it over to KC.

18. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I agree it is time for a change. He has made some absolutely awful decisions the last 2 weeks, and you can't win games making those decisions.

I appreciate what Chad did in 2002. Showed great heart in 2004 playing through injury, and almost taking us to the AFC Championship game. Played well last year after doing so much to overcome the injuries.

But he's not playing good now, and we have a young QB waiting, so it is time for a change.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

If anybody bashes Chad in this thread they shouldn't even call themselves a Jets fan. Chad has shown been more devoted to this team than any other player I've seen besides Curtis and Wayne. He is the reason why I am a big jets fan today and he's shown me (and all of us) many great memories. I'll always love and root for Chad no matter what.

Now on that note, it is sadly time to move on with the franchise.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I just traded in my beloved old car for a brand new one yesterday. That old car gave me everything it could but the time had come to simply let her go. I feel the same way about Pennington.

Time to end this, salvage what's left of Pennington's career by letting Clemens finish out the season and releasing and/or trading Pennington for DP's.