Very Important stat about Penny ****PLEASE READ****

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Oct 4, 2007.

1. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

I think before they bench Penny they should really give him a chance to air out the ball at least for a few games! JUST TRY IT OUT!!!!!!

2. Clemens 2008

Clemens 2008 New Member

All jets fans know what they want!!!

We want to win dammiiiiiiiit. We need to stop talking about all of these little nitpick reasons we didn't win games we should have one. Clemens is the future but Chad is the quarterback now. Pennington would play with an amputated leg if he could. I won't make excuses for his play it has been poor but who has played up to potential (Leon Washington) thats about it. The team is not executing and we are not winning games we should be winning. I think mangini needs to get this team together and lead us to the playoffs. He did well last year but now he has to prove that he can lead this team through a storm.

He needs to try something new.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ah, I see, the argument for Pennington is STATS! Why hasn't someone brought this up sooner?

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Hehehehe... now that is just f*ckin' funny coming from posters around here. Temper your emotion. If there is one thing the fans here don't do it's that. :)

5. FatStupidLoser

Wonder why the NFL doesn't track stats such as "yards in the air per completion"? Meaningless? By every measurable standard, Chad has been a very effective, successful QB in this league and has won alot of games for this franchise when it was unable to win games without him.(spare me the 3 Quincy whatever his name was games) He is by far the best QB on this team. If not for 2 ripped shoulders he would be a HOFer down the road. Its a dirty shame.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

not all of them, some of them are 0-3 or 0-4..

7. Pilotpf

Pilotpf Member

Chad used to be very effective, and was successful. But there was on way he was on his way to being a HOFer before the injuries.

He's lucky this year to have Defenses playing deep leaving him open throws underneath to boost his completion percentage, and have two tough receivers willing to fight tooth and nail for every yard they can pick up despite Chad's short throws. Chad's yds/attempt is WILDLY inflated

#27 Pilotpf, Oct 4, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  8. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

If you sort those stats, you also see that Chad is NUMBER 5 in the NFL in QB Rating.

That is a stat that doesn't happen by accident.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

His arm is held together with gum and twisty ties at this point. Unless the team fills every need with a quality player this off season and they gel really really fast, Pennington probably won't have the team he needs to get to a SB here in NY before he has to call it quits.

He's the number 5 rated passer in the league, and the funny thing about that is there's probably only about that many teams that would consider bringing him in as a starter.

10. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I cant stand the Chad bashing either. All Chad ever did is put everything he had into the Jets offense. Which is more than I could say about a lot of players in the NFL. He has better stats then most NFL QBs in several catagories not just one. And I for one will always cheer him on and wish him the best while he is in green and winning games for us. The day he is the main reason why we lose most games is the day I stop cheering him on.

I will also support Kellen the same way if in when he deserves it.

11. Pilotpf

Pilotpf Member

Come Sunday I will cheer for and support Chad as much or more then anyone else, but as a fan Monday-Saturday I can't help but think this team needs a spark, or the ability to stretch the field to help our Jets win games.

12. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i guess stats dont compare to opinions around here. stats get nfl players paid the big bucks. too bad opinions dont count for anything, we would all be rich and happy with any decision!!!!!!!!!! cant wait until sunday....go jets!!!!!!!!!!!

13. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Damn Beamen ? I bet you didn?t even have to steal signs to make this evaluation? I would add that we can?t even begin to evaluate the offensive line (the go-to fault of everything for a Chad sunshiner) until we have a quarterback that can keep even a bad defense honest. Chad?s play compounds any issues associated with the line and makes establishing a running game nearly impossible.

Also ? I?m pretty sure that if he is still starting games in week eight ? we will have at least one dead receiver.

14. Beamen

Beamen New Member

This isn't baseball.... Stats can lie, big time, in football.... If you read any of the above posts or the posts in other threads with an open mind, or just watched the games w/out reading the stat-sheet or listening to the clueless commentators gush about the numbers, you'd see that Chad's stats are misleading...

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Honestly, as much as I want to win ballgames, and recognize that replacing Chad will give us the best chance to do so moving forward....

This is the issue that concerns me most....

Laveranues Coles has already stated that he doesn't want to play too much longer even though he's not even 30 yet, but I don't blame him...

And more improtantly, I swear, if Chad continues to hang out Cotchery to dry, and cuts Cotchery's career short, I will NEVER forgive Chad for it..... Cotchery's one of the most talented WRs we've had in a while, and I do NOT want to see his career ruined trying to catch a bunch of lame dunks 3 yards from the line of scrimmage!

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I can't wait for us to win a couple of games so you nancies will unbunch your panties and stop panting so hard. Honestly... give it a rest. :)

17. Beamen

Beamen New Member

FYI, check the threads that popped up after the Miami game... The same group calling for Clemens now, was calling for Clemens then... We're not just all jumping on the bandwagon because of the loss, we're watching the games, and making legitimate evaluations based on what we see, win or lose

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

You're a bunch of nancies. Learn to work through your grief a little better, will you? :wink:

And this place is filled with bandwagoners... a small base of folks were already in that corner, but the majority swing back and forth based on whether we win or not.

19. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

Yeah but when you sort it by total yards, he's 25th in the league. That about sums it up. We are maybe the 25th best team in the league. Yup.

20. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Dude, how many times has he done it this season? Once? I remember the pass over the middle last week, and that's about it. This is football, sometimes WR's get hit hard. You don't like to see it, but sometimes it happens.

As for the thread, well, stats do lie sometimes, but YPA is a good stat. And it doesn't matter how many yards the ball travels in the air, it matters how many yards you get. Some of Cotchery's YAC have been because Pennington threw with great timing and put the ball in a perfect spot. If you hit the WR in stride, it doesn't matter how hard the throw was.

17th isn't all that great though, so we there's certainly room to improve there.

BTW, it's kind of funny how certain people use stats as an end all be all when it fits their point, and ignore them and make excuses when it doesn't. Before the season, certain people criticized Chad's QB rating last year and said it was a good measure of how good a QB they were. Yet those people aren't praising Chad for being the 5th best QB in the league this year. Stats don't tell the whole story.