When We Beat The Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Italian Seafood, Oct 3, 2007.

1. RSherryJr

RSherryJr New Member

The Jets backs are against the wall this week for sure. I can see them coming out and playing strong.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

But you can be worse.

3. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

You guys know in typical Jets fashion they will probably win this game. This is the NYJ, lose to the Bills then beat the Giants and so on.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mmm is not your back against the wall every week in the NFL. Are you saying up to now our players have lolligogged thru the season?

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Well let's just see. If the offense is as flat as they were last week, and Brian doesn;t at least try and let them make some plays, then it could be a bad knock on their confidence and energy, and a bad omen for the rest of the season.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yup, Schotty called the plays in and said things like "Alright Chad we've got Coles running a fly and McCariens running a deep post, but they're just DECOYS. DO NOT TRY AND PASS TO THEM. We're trying to go with the shortest route possible here because the defense is playing 3 deep. Hit Cotchery on the 5 yard hitch, and if that's not open you have the RB in the flats."

7. RSherryJr

RSherryJr New Member

It is always against the wall - but there is more of a sense of urgency when you are 1-3 and coming off a loss to the hapless Bills.

8. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Yep lose this one and you are basically done with the season... In the AFC you gotta be 10-6 if you want a chance at the wild card spots. Just looking at the Jets remaining schedule, this loss does us in, no way we only lose 2 more games along the way.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

lolol "recovered by a rookie named....Marvin Jones"......dude youre not steve sabol....the dramatic lead up to .......Marvin JOnes! hahahah like hes some fuckin hall of famer....marvin busteroo Jones.....he was supposed to be our LT....all he did was stand on the sidelines with bad hips and everything else that went wrong with him,........our history is so embarrassing..........:drunk:

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

In the '93 team highlihs they actually made an LT compariso to Jones whe they showed the highlights of that game callig Jones the next great NY LB:grin: Marvin did have a few really good years but overall wasn't the player we thought we were getting.

11. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I wasn't alive in 74, but I watched this game in its entirety at my uncle's house a few years back... That bootleg was brilliant..

That QBs back then called their own offenses was incredible, and I believe made for some really gutsy football, because the play calls were often based on the emotion of the game, not just what seemed logical...

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

ok. I am over the Bills game. We need to win this game to save our season. 2-3 with Eagles at home. That's what we need. The Giants secondary sucks and our offensive pass protection is the one unit that has improved. The Giants offense has digressed since the Cowboy game their defense played good against 2 suckie teams in their division. WE WILL BEAT THE GIANTS and live another week. Geez, that's all the positive vibes I have left.

13. Coltsfan18

Coltsfan18 New Member

The Jets can't beat any team with a quarterback named MANNING

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

get a life.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Anyone need a copy of the 2002 AFC wildcard game Colts vs. Jets?