If Mangini refuses to start Clemens...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by _AG_, Oct 2, 2007.

?

Mangini fired if he won't start Clemens?

1. Yes, he should be fired at the end of the year.

48 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No.

144 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought so the more I thought about it after that post. It was Green Guy, wasn't it?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Whether he deserves it or not he won't be fired after this year, Only a fool would have expected this team to do as well this year as they did last year with the difference in schedules and lack of any important additions. This is his one and only free pass year though. If they don't show improvement next year over this year he will be gone when the season is over and there will be a new coach in '09.

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

So we've started 1-3. Now we are talking about firing the coach?

Come on, we can do better than this on this board.

TBTF

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yeah, I agree... I am sure they can get 500 times more retarded than that. This is only the beginning!! :breakdance:

5. Don

Could have waited until they were 3-9 to start but most people with clear minds see that as a distinct possibility so they just started early. How close were they to being 0-4?

#45 Don, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hell no. Mangini is the right guy for this team. We are all just forgetting the process that lies ahead of us because we overachieved last year. Mangini will not give up on this year in week 5, so he's going to go with the QB who gives us the best chance of winning. Right now it's Chad. Chad will be the starter.

I'd like to see Clemens play like everyone else, but it's gonna be Chad until atleast later in the year.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

about as close as they were to being 3-1?

8. the_wanton_song

a decent young coach??? wasn't he a genius 2 weeks ago?

9. Don

haha..ok, maybe..but I see a fumble on an onsides kick in my mind that could have set up Miami for a win.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

and I see 3 dropped passes in the EZ that could have set up a win in Baltimore or a missed FG that could have set up a win in Buffalo. Neither your scenario or mine happened and we are 1-3, there are no would've, could've or should'ves in sports.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this. Losing interest in this site. I guess its best suited for off-season when we can all kid ourselves for 6 months. Bottom line, I am pissed about the game plan, game decisions in Buff and I am sick of noodle arm, but firing the coach... ugghhh!!!!!!

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

This is a joke right?

13. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

Should we be talking about booting Mangini.......NO, but if he cant pull the trigger on benching chad if he stinks it up the next few weeks then coaching becomes an issue to overcome.

14. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

How dare you even utter those word! This sight has real topic's thought out fully with respect and regauard to everyones feelings . Its based on real time information thought up by all walks of life from around the world. Please take a moment to realize what your walking away from . You may not get a second chance to make things right with you and ..........this site? Lets go Jets!

15. boomer

boomer Active Member

Oh give me a break.....

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I voted yes. Mangini has to realize at some point that starting Chad is near pointless if the season is lost. I'm not saying the team is at that point, but if they get too it the best thing he can do is find out exactly what he has in Clemens. He should know whether or not QB is an issue, especially if the team has the potential to land in the top 5 draft wise.

Not to do so would be time wasted in the development of what could be the teams potential franchise QB. Of course he knows more then we do about Clemens, but from the little we've seen, the guy can move the sticks once he gets comfortable and if he has a little protection. I have faith that he'd make the switch if/when the time is right.

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

:lol: :rofl2:

This is good stuff. I love this argument, that we need to see what we have in Clemens and blow off the rest of the season. Even if he started the last 12 games, you think anyone would know exactly what we have? People are still debating Chad and he's been starting for 5 years, they debated Vinny after 15 years. Scott Mitchell looked great filling in for Dan Marino for nearly a full season and was never heard from again. Rob Johnson is another one who did the same thing. After a full year Seattle was convinced they were lucky to have Rick Mirer instead of Drew Bledsoe. You never know, you have to try to win the games while they are here to be won, a week at a time, with the best players you think you have. That's it. I think Clemens looked pretty good in spurts, that's great. I'm not ready to tell the rest of the team that the season is now going to be dedicated to seeing what he can do. It doesn't work that way.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

then you just word it differently:

"I think Clemens gives us the best chance to win and turn this season around."

19. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

No, that's ridiculous, but... If Mangini can't take this team to the superbowl in the next four weeks, then yes, he should be fired.

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that it's more important to try to win a game once mathematically eliminated from the playoffs then it is to get the young QB that was drafted in the second round the valuable game situation experience that he lacks?

If you read my post, you'd see that that I didn't say now was necessarily the time. That time could come, whether Penny gets injured or not. Everyone knows what the Jets have in Pennington, they didn't draft a QB in the second round for fun. There's no reason to hold him back if the season is a lost cause. Is it really that hilarious?