If Mangini refuses to start Clemens...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by _AG_, Oct 2, 2007.

?

Mangini fired if he won't start Clemens?

1. Yes, he should be fired at the end of the year.

48 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No.

144 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. _AG_

_AG_ New Member

...for the rest of the year, and the Jets finish 4-12 or so, should he be fired after only two seasons?

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No, not at all. That would be a bad move though and he would not do that.

3. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

no, he just needs to step up and start benching these guys that don't want to play. Plus, there in know one out there to replace him.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol he shouldnt be fired but i will be gin to question him, stubborn about the defensive system, and trying to ride a player that play aside, due to salary cap wont be here next year.

then yeah ill start to question if hes the kinda coach i want. the defense thing. he was up belicheck's ass his whole career and prolly doesnt feel confident coaching a 4-3. which sucks for him because if he was that smart he wouldve kept the 4-3 due to the roster and phase it out as he acquired more players.

either way. i still have high hopes for him, but i myself am ready for clemens.

5. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

If a coach who wildly exceeded expectatoins in his rookie year refuses to bench one of the winningest QBs in franchise history for a 2nd year guy that looked like crap for 3 out of the 4 quarters he played this season should he be fired?

get real.

6. rillo

rillo New Member

Get Real People!......fire Him?! However i'm all for Clemens starting now, i still support Chad but honestly he does hold the offense back.

#6 rillo, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, firing a decent young coach would set us back again with yet another program coming in to get fulfilled. Please, let's not be the Miami Dolphins.

8. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

This must be one of the most ridiculous threads ever! The fans all know best don't they? Good grief, lets organise a demonstration outside the club HQ- "play Clemm or resign". Why don't we let you coach the team AG?
    A degree of rationale is required here, please.

9. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good grief these threads are getting stupider by the day.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Terrible.

Should every coach who ever has a losing season get fired?

How many years did it take Bill Cowher to win a championship?

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

only if we can get Herm back..

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, I think we should have coaches for only 2 years a pop and if they can't do it by then, you can them out of town and bring in a fresh fish. _AG_, have you had a head injury recently?

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Agreed! Seems like an influx of moronic threads........I thought Junior high kids were back in school.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I have to disagree with all of you.

If he starts Chad the entire rest of the season, and only squeaks out 4 wins, he must be fired.

The fact is, the only reason Chad gets to play is because he is the "best chance to win right now" guy. If he's losing almost every game, then he's proving not to be "that guy".

If the head coach can't wake up to that, then he's got to go.

If we've already lost 9 games, we're out of the playoff hunt. At that point, you have to let Clemens play, because your record is setting you up for an early first day pick. You have to be absolutely certain Clemens is the long-term answer, before you pass up a franchise QB in the draft.
    ----------------

All that said, I highly, and I mean highly doubt Mangini is that stupid. There's no way he lets Pennington play after this team loses enough to have no shot at .500.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm actually wondering if anyone actually read the entire question.

The question was "If Mangini never starts Clemens, and the Jets go 4-12, should he be fired?"

It was not "If the Jets go 4-12, should Mangini be fired?"

There's a huge difference.

16. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

Now hang on a second bro. I agree it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction to call for his head. But if Mangini demonstrates a complete lack of long-term thinking, I'm not sure he's the coach that's going to get us to the big game. I hope he realizes this season in the tank and at least starts KC 1) to perhaps spark a comeback and 2) to figure out what the hell we have at the QB position so we can be proactive about the position before it becomes a problem next year.

I like the Tangini crew so far, but I do see a lack of a proactive approach by these guys. That worries me a bit.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was worried early last season as well and they made some kickass first half adjustments and won with Chad, albeit against teams we matched up well against. I personally feel that Clemens should go in, but if there's a consensus among the CS that Clemens isn't ready to go in or they don't have a plan for him to go in until after this season, they have the vital information about him that you and I do not.

I also don't believe that every decision they make has some genius plan behind it, because they are sophomores at this point, the entire CS, and this is the year I expected them to hit some real bumps in the road. I agree with you about their befuddling approach thus far, it is completely inconsistent with the approach they took last season, and I have to believe there are reasons for it. If not, then we're not going to finish as well as that 4-12 scenario.

I'm not saying I'm going to blindly wander through the desert holding the tails of their robes, but I don't want a revolving door at the HC position. He was hired for the long term, and after his first season I would think that he bought himself some time to prove his plan works.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

IF AG......doesn't learn how to properly title a thread....he should not be allowed........to post....any.....more

Seriously put the fucking thread title IN THE THREAD TITLE!!!

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

qft.................................

20. ........

........ Trolls

I'm tempted to post a "Should we move D'Brick to CB?" poll, just so I can have the most retarded thread of the week. I think it would win. Barely.