You make the call- Pennington or Clemens?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Exit 117, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Who do you start at QB in Week 5?

1. Chad Pennington

33.6%
  2. Kellen Clemens

66.4%
  1. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Pretty well said ? I was with around ten or so jets fans today and this was pretty much the sediment at half time. What was funny is that a few Chad sunshiners though we had a chance when we got the ball with two minutes?two minutes?are you fucking joking? It takes Chad 7 ? 12 minutes to nibble away 40 yards since everything is three down, two yard shots. Sunshiners?you have NO defense.

2. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I kept saying once we fell 3 games under .500, KC should replace Chad. However, after seeing Chad almost kill his receivers a couple of times & that first interception where the receiver was wide open, but Chad threw a duck that gave the DB 3 minutes to walk up and intercept the pass deep in our own end, I'm ready for Clemens.

3. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Phuck ? I was starting to think I was the only one seeing this and maybe it wasn?t happening. I particularly like the five or six passes that actually worked for completions where our receiver ran his route, stopped, sat down, smoked a cigarette, stood back up and then the ball landed in the bread basket, oddly ? the defenders were all over him when he caught it.

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

crennel did- he replaced frye with anderson, and the browns look like a completely different team. not only did they replace him, but they also traded frye to seattle to salvage a draft choice.

but cleveland gm savage and crennel have bigger stones than tangini, just as they made a mess of the o-line over a $1 million dispute with kendall.

being 1-3 and a kickoff return td away from 0-4 sure validated those moves, didn't they?:sad:

5. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

The interception the DB was in front of Coles before Pennington even threw the ball. That's a throw that lack of arm strength can hurt, because guys can jump the route because of a lack of velocity, but that isn't what happened here. It was a bad decision, if Favre or Cutler, or Clemens, or anyone threw that it's a pick.

There was one play earlier in the game on a deeper comeback route that Chad didn't get enough on it and the DB was able to break it up. And then the throw to Cotchery over the middle was too high and dangerous for Cotchery. But plays like that happen at times. It wasn't happening play after play.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's not exactly the same thing. Crennel also flipped a coin to see if Frye or Anderson would start in preseason.

7. mr nyjet

another person has chosen to see the obvious. too bad your name isn't mangini.:wink:

8. mr nyjet

maybe he's better at flipping the coin than our so-called genius.

even his defense can rush the passer. :eek:hmy:

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

chad threw for 290 yds on 32 completions. that's not 5 yards a pass, that's 9 yards a pass.

honestly, do you expect us to pick up 20 yards on every passing play. chad threw 39 times today and completed 32 times. what are you complaining about. that's good enough to win 95% of the time

the real question is, what the hell is trent edwards doing completing 22 of 28?

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I voted Penny because it says "Start".

IMO- This is it folks. If he starts and you hear "PULL" right before he throws then It is time for the kid to take over...

11. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I love Chad Pennington, you can tell by my account name but after dinner and time pasting from the Jets and METS lost....
    I think it's time to see what Clemens can do for real this time. He had time to learn in Baltimore. This team is lost, their D sucks. We aren't going to make the playoffs.

However, if Clemens has a great game and beats the Giants next week, he can change the momentum of this season. And bring us into the playoffs.

12. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

after watching the giants game.. whoever is playing at quarterback next week is probably going to be in a wheelchair for the remainder of the season. maybe we should start tui so its not that bad of a loss...

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

See but now you're getting away from the argument...The discussion isn't about rushing the passer, that's in another thread.

But Penny is better than Frye, and for a NFL Coach to flip a coin to see who would start a game is insane.

I'm with Clemens...

Make the move.

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It's because this team is terrible. Our defense is on it's way to being the worst in the league and nobody is afraid of our offense. Pennington can win games, but not with the team he has around him. Some QB's could have won a game like this though, and we may or may not have one on the roster.

If Chad doesn't have the players and/or coaching he needs to be successful on both sides of the ball then there's no reason to continue to play him. It's just a matter of time until Mangini sees it the same way.

15. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I am watching the Giants game right now and, well, which ever Jets QB you want to get killed next Sunday, send him in.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I almost want to post this again on Thursday or Friday and see how much of this was kneejerk and see how much of this is not.

17. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

You don't think Brick can stop osi umenyiora? :lol:

18. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Why do we always talk about replacing Chad? Can't we wait until he's the reaosn the Jets lose. He had a great game today. Dont blame him. How about a thread of whether the Jets should put Harris in more instead of Barton or put in Wallace Wright more instead of J-Mac and Brad Smith or whether the Jets should put CJ Mosley in for D-Rob. Those are the guys that deserve to be replaced. Not Chad.

19. mr nyjet

those are good suggestions, but the qb should be changed also.

you are what your record says you are, and he is a kickoff td return away from being 0-4.

you can't win against an 0-3 team whose defense was riddled with injuries.
    the same team that the pats and steelers shredded up. the same team that denver beat even with a guy who's been in the league the same time as kc.

pathetic. :shit:

20. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Best chance to win? I'm not sure, but this team is 1-3, and that means they desperately need a shake-up. Hence, Clemens needs to replace Chad. I love Chad, but It's time for the Clemens Era to begin.