Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The team isn't under performing, it's rebuilding and Chad isn't under performing either he is performing like Chad. We have to see if Clemens is an upgrade and the sooner the better. We can't go into next years draft not having the answer to that question.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Belichik got fired in Cleveland because he ousted Kosar and could not match the Kosar years afterwards. He did get one playoff spot with Vinny at QB but basically the Belichik Browns were worse than the Kosar Browns.

Ok, so flash forward to Mangini and what do you think he is thinking? The Chad years have been moderately successful, nothing great but not terrible. When he replaces Chad these become the Mangini Jets and they damn well better do better than the Chad Jets or as you suggest he might well be toast. Losing with Chad may seem safer to Mangini at the moment than taking a chance on somebody else and possibly losing. At least nobody can say Chad would have lead this team to wins if Mangini did not dump him.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Well put as usual, WB. At this point, anyone still arguing for Pennington is IMO just in denial. This was always a team that was not going anywhere this year, and now it's even more obvious. They MUST put in Clemens to see if he's any good right now; no other question for this team is even remotely close to being as important.

4. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

Good points. However he's almost making me miss Herb. Did I just say that? :drunk:

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I get his mindset, but I don't admire it, I think it's cowardly.... He has to man up, and make the move that's in the best interest of the team...

If he doesn't think that he can coach this team to a Super Bowl run, I don't want him as HC....

Also, if he doesn't recognize that Chad's play isn't getting it done, and neither is the 3-4, I don't want him as the HC either.... Because that'd prove the "Mangenious" nickname asinine.....

6. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

You have to test Clemens. However I think he's undersized and will never be a big time starter. JMO.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Again you are an ass, and say stupid things.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the 'Mangenius' nickname is asinine anyway. The guy was a rookie HC and got things done well enough to make the playoffs, that doesn't take a genius. It takes a genius to find new ways to win and from what we've seen this season it doesn't look like he's very committed to doing that. Last season we saw a lot of misdirection that took teams by surprise, and now teams have film of the Jets under Mangini and it's being gameplanned against. Now we're back to vanilla, even with the insane playmakers we have on offense. On defense things arew even worse, and I think it has less to do with the scheme than it has to do with coaching the scheme and utilizing the players you have in effective ways. Mangini needs to do something because in New York he doesn't have the job security not to.

9. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

The "Mangenius" nickname was always ridiculous.

Edit: ^Damn you 'Byz!

10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

once again, i have to agree with you. losing to an 0-3 team riddled with injuries, and barely beating an 0-4 team thanks to kickoff return td are not exactly confidence inspiring. if he does not make changes, , he may well be admitting that he's not up to the challenge of being the head coach.:sad:

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Fastest Submit button west of the Miss'ippi.

12. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

dude, its tiring how we have to keep pointing out the flaws in Chads game. I'm just so so tired of this conservative offense which is in play because Chad cannot throw the ball down the field. I'm not in this to get in the playoffs; I want my team have the ability to win the SB and that won't happen with CP at the helm.

13. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Why can't he play now? he isn't going to do much worse then Chad and he will get on the field experience. The CP experiment hasn't worked and isn't going to work. As I said ad infinitum CP is a backup QB at this point in his career. Let's turn the page and get Clemens in there.

14. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

the Defense gave up 10 freaken points, the other 7 was a result of Chad getting picked off. The OL gave him plenty of time to throw so dont hand me any BS about the rest of the team. In fact, the defense made the stop when they had to. I'm sure if you would have given brady 2 minutes on the 30 he could have gotten into the field goal range with time to spare. Honestly, do you guys have posters of Chad on your wall or something?

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Good post, and I agree with everything in there, except for the last part...

Unfortunately, Mangini has become pretty well-liked in the media, and I think it'll take more than one awful season for him to get the boot.... I'd rather he had continued to be cold to the media, like he was early in his rookie season.

That way he would feel the pressure from them to win ballgames...

In the NY media now, it seems like 'Mangenius' can do no wrong.... I'm not patient enough to deal with his stubbornness. We have a plethora of talent on both sides of the ball, and that stubborn attitude is really wasting a hell of a lot of potential....

16. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The defense is part of it, but so is Chad's play, at least today. He was not very good in the first half, and when he finally got going in the second half, he started turning the ball over. Just because the D is brutal doesn't mean Chad is off the hook. There is no one issue with this team, there are several. It's like everyone is looking for a scapegoat. Don't point the finger at Chad, point it at the defense. No, point it at the special teams. Well in reality, there are a lot factors going into the how the team is performing right now, and QB play is part of it.

17. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Listen, I'm a huge Chad homer

However, this Jets team isn't doing anything this year. KC is the future or we think he might be. It's time to see what he's got.

Our defense is going to get shredded in the coming weeks. How many times was a WR wide open underneath without a defender within 10 yards or so.

#197 Gubernaculum, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  18. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

19. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

i'd rather loose with Clemens cause we are supposed to win with Chad. Loosing with Chad hurts alot more. Loosing with Clemens at least we can say He's learning the ropes. Loosing with Chad all we do is bash him because he is expected to win. I love chad and i hate bashing him but i hate the floaters. i hate that we cant go deeper than 20 yards. I hate that Thomas Jones is getting boxed in. I hate how our Defense can play but unmotivated by the anemic offense. They came out and did an awesome job of getting the ball back and yet the reliable offense lets them down. We shouldve marched down the field cause we do the two minute so much. Very disappointed here...

20. Capt. Ace Nick

I broke my cell phone because of Pennington you fucking dink and dunk pussy ass arm mother fucker...Wheres Vinny at???