Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i wonder if mangini showed the kelly pavlick fight last night? ya know, underdog rallies around a home crow and pulls the upset, hmmm and if he did, do the players even pay attention or are they curling their pubes while he talks, either way we were outplayed, outcoached,outhustled, and most important, outscored

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how is it the D's fault when the offense has an opportunity at the end of the game and blows it? or the kicker's?

you think the Titans rationalize not getting that TD at the end of the Super Bowl by pointing to the fact that the D gave up more points than the O scored.

if you have an opportunity at the end to win or tie, whatever happened prior to that is inconsequential to that moment -- and that moment is all that matters. the D may play poorly, but if a QB throws an interception at the end of a game, the QB blew it. just as if the team gives up a score at the end of a game they were winning, you can't blame the offense for not scoring enough points. plain and simple.

3. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

But Herm got us to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years and no other coach... oh wait.. I forgot what loser we were defending today.

All Chad does is win! It must be the offensive line's fault.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This post does not warrant it's own thread. There's already 8 Chad threads. Your thought wasn't very profound at all.

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I feel much better now.

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I was going to flame you but I can't

7. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

17 points to the Bills and a 3 round rookie QB is like giving up 77 to the Colts and Peyton Manning.

Chad didn't lose this game.

8. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Is that what you're asking for from your Quarterback?

9. jetliberty

jetliberty New Member

If they put KC in, then the Jests are saying that the season is lost, something they would never own up to. I say start KC so we can see what he has and plan for the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's right. Chad only wins games. He doesn't lose them.

11. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Seventeen points is seventeen points!

In contrast, I could say the same thing....

"Scoring 14 points against the Bills and a banged up defense is like scoring zero against Baltimore and Ray Lewis.

The defense didn't lose this game"

Just a stupid argument.... The Bills are terrible on both sides of the ball, and our defense was bad, but at least they got a couple TOs, and made a stop when they really needed it... Our O did nothing substantial....

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

No doubt Vilma was putrid today along with DRob. Have to give Champ some props regarding Vilma.

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I don't want this to be construed as PRAISING our defense. . . .but. . .

When we NEEDED a stop to give us a chance, they got us a stop.

I'm going to make a strange statement: I think the defense was more to blame that we didn't win; but I think that Chad and the OL are more to blame that we didn't tie.

See how I gave one of them there nuanced responses? Huh. . huh. . .'dya see that? Huh?

14. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Come on are you kidding me??????? 17 points was all the Jets gave up. 17 points come on man this is the NFL if an offense cant score 17 points in a game. Bullshit it falls on chad and the offense. DBJ said it best as many of us have already said if you offense cant throw vertical all the opposing defense has to do is stack the line.

IT IS OVER FOR CHAD and Hopefully over for our JETS inept offense. :mad: :mad: :mad:

15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

perfect answer

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You need to stop saying things like this man, I'm flashing back to 1996.

Seriously, I agree with you, however I think the defense played as well as they can today against a last place team that had allowed 25 points a game and yet our pathetic offense could not get the 17 points they needed to back that up.

We held Marshawn Lynch to about 3.3 yards a carry and we lost?

17. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

You know, I remember Champ clamoring for Vince Wilfork before the 2004 draft. Of course he did it in some indecipherable abbreviated language, but he was definitely on to something.

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

after seeing what clemens could do against the ravens, he still went back to noodle arm. :sad:

if it wasn't for leon's td kickoff returm aginst miami, we'd be 0-4 right now.

i'd trade noodle to kc or the bears in a second before the deadline, even for conditional picks.:mad:

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

this is not penny's fault... it is poor play calling while we are not in pressure situations... penny finally had the o-line blocking and he made some moves..

poor play calling once again. it was like the herm called some plays from kansas city today. it truly is amazing how the jets never have an edge on their opponents...

AARRRGGHHHHHH!!!

20. ANJI

ANJI New Member

That's usually all you ask from your D, but with Chad you need alot more then holding a team at home to 17 points(seven coming from a INT from Chad with the Bills in scoring range) and getting 2 turnovers. That's what makes him great.