this team is awful and this week unprepared

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 30, 2007.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

thats just crazy talk. i like harris, and want him to see more time. but vilma isnt suited for the 3-4, just as much as pennington isnt suited for comebacks. the reason KC should start is i think we can agree that we wont be doing much this year....with that in mind id rather see him get the experience of playing QB in the NFL before he takes over full time next year.

while the OL is dismal, pennington is as much to blame as anyone. he threw 2 picks that killed us. nugent bears some blame too, he missed a very makeable kick, and that was the diff.

even though i wasnt expecting many wins out of the team this season it still hurts a great deal. i knew there were some big flaws, but they just dont look like they have the fire in them right now. they show flashes once in a while, but it just isnt consistent.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It was just like the Browns game last year.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's a point that was made in a thread on this board by someone 2 weeks ago and it was laughed off the board.

4. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i dont think that schotty has been figured out. his playcalling has to be curtailed a bit because you need to have good protection up front to execute a lot of the trick plays, and have guys that can handle the shifting. mangold has been the one truely solid lineman. brick had a solid game last week but overall hes been unimpressive. clarke isnt the answer, and id rather have the 6-8 360 lb langston walker at RT...moore is serviceable, but hes not been playing great either.

i really feel bad for thomas jones. he came here with big expectations...last year we said "if we only had a top tier RB"...but this year we couldnt block for anyone...and as such hes been ineffective for the most part.

the only really shining spots on offense have been cotch, coles, leon and to an extent brad smith and chris baker. everything else has been mediocre at best.

5. The problem is there are too many Jet fans(usually the younger ones) who are perfectly content going 9-7 w/ a first round exit in the playoffs on a yearly basis.

Those of us who want nothing more than to see a championship or at least a championship calibur team...would rather go 6-10 knowing full well we have our QB of the future and a quality young corps, than the above w/ a QB that simply cannot take us to the next level.

7. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

im just sad that TSJDT is more reliable the older i get...:sad:

8. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

10. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Are you kidding? 8 and 9 men in the box is our problem. Throwing checkdowns on every pass play is our problem. 4 yard touch passes are our problem. 14 points against a crappy bills D is our problem.

And all of those problems are caused by Chads pop-gun arm.

11. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

If the season gets out of hand, yes, I'd want to see KC full time like you do. But I don't think Mangini wants to communicate to his team at this point that the season is over. It's the whole 5-second rule mantra. A loss is a loss, in his mind, and it's more about what are you going to do this week to improve and beat the Giants. I agree the first INT was Pennington's fault, but how don't we know that F'in McCareins wasn't at fault on that last throw -- which we'll never know, because the players won't call oneanother out.

The bigger problem I have with Chad today is the delay of game penalties and the use of the TO in the second half. That's what I think Mangini will have a bigger problem with than certainly the second INT. That was uncharacteristic of Chad, and again, who's to say it wasn't Schottenheimer failing to relay the play.

I'm not a Chad apologist. But there's a line between putting your team in the best position to win and knee-jerk reaction. I don't want Mangini to be Lovie here, understand, I just don't think they set up the prior offseason like they did if they planned to pull Pennington in Game 5. Otherwise, they should have traded Pennington in the offseason and not looked back. That should be your bigger issue with the Mangini & Tannenbaum, in my opinion.

12. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

We should play the qb that gives us the "best chance to win", right? Isn't that the new mantra of the team. Well, Clemens gives us the best chance to win NOW! Chad gives us NO chance to win. Period! Brad Smith gives us a better "chance to win". Wake up!

13. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

15. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Chad has lost his confidence. How can you throw checkdowns every pass play against a decimated defensive backfield? How? Easy! Everytime yuo look downfield and your reciever is not open by 10+ yards, throw the checkdown. That's how.

I don't know what is worse. Chad knowing his limitations and only throwing checkdowns, or growing some balls and getting picked off.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

17. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

the first pick was a momentum killer, and the second one, from what i saw, was the chad special...underthrown. i can count on one hand how many times ive seen chad hit a WR in stride. they always have to stop or come back to the ball. after the balt game im done with jmac, but i cant blame jmac from what i saw on the game ending pick. it looked like chad underthrew it. when i see it again ill be better able to tell, but thats what it looked like to me.

i dont think them switching starters is a panic move if it happens. i think its just trying to give the team a better chance to win. chad completed 14 passes in a row, without looking at a stat sheet though im guessing that each one was 5 or less yards, with yacs adding to his total yds. recievers like cotch will make chad look better than he is, as his total yardage wasnt bad IIRC.

im just tired of seeing the underthrown balls, the dunk passes, the bad run blocking, the bad pass blocking. the only reason the back of chads jersey wasnt as green as the turf is that theyve had so many injuries on that bills. had they had a healthy defense chad could be in critical condition.

mangini needs to 5 second rule when it comes to the depth chart and think about putting #11 under center.

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member