Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Oh and by the way not a Chad supporter. Corners and safeties kept recievers in front of them all day long because We had 30 yard rushing in first half. No need to cheat and come up when the other team cant run the ball. Offensive line is the problem because they are truly offensive in every sense of the word

2. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one for two main reasons.

Our defense is so bad that we need to score and be able to come back on teams and with Chad we can't do that because his two minute drill takes 5 minutes.

Number two is we are going nowhere fast so why not let Clemens take his bumps this year. Who knows maybe he sparks the team and we start playing better on both sides of the ball. If not we lose like we are going to lose with Chad anyway.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tanking never works. Playing for draft picks never works. The biggest predictor of whether you will have a top 10 draft pick next year is whether you had one this year.

The Jets need to treat this season like a 9 win season until they're totally out of it. They also need to go to Clemens to make that happen. The Jets personnel is not good enough for Chad to win against anything but a pathetic last place team and as they showed today they can lose to those also.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I think I put a mental asterisk next to everything Hermish. It might be that I'm revising history, but I think I actually have it fixed in my head that Herm liked field goals better than touchdowns.

Decent point by luckiestman. Everything underneath and in the middle of the field, we wasted a whole bunch of time with two minutes to go. That was maddening.

5. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

dude, he threw 2 interceptions. 290 yds were mostly dink and dunk undercover passes. When he needed to run the 2 minute drill he failed miserably. OMG, I"m so tired of you Chad supporters. Send him a postcard or some shit but I for one want a QB who can fling the ball 30 yds in less time then it takes me to take a cold one out of the frig. you don't need a canon, but his arm is not even sub par it is equivalent to a Jamie Moyer fastball. He has such small margin for error that of course he will take the safe route which is the 5 yd pass. BTW, how did that work out with 2 minutes to go? O and the one pass to the endzone would have been a TD had it been thrown a little farther.

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Like people have said, when you rarely, if ever, throw the ball further than 10 yards, the safeties play up, as they did today, and it's hard to get the running game going...

And no team in the NFL covers well enough to force 25+ checkdowns in one game.... Especially against these WRs, and especially with their top TWO corners missing.... Chad looks downfield, and isn't confident in his ability to make the throws, so he checks down...

And when he DOES attempt the deeper sideline throws, the DBs jump them no problem because the ball takes forever to get there

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Buffalo was averaging 200 yards total offense coming in. They had 320 today. That about sums it up. And how many times did they throw at Revis today? Just about on every pass.

8. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

We can't throw the ball deep and thus force the secondary back which will subsequently open up space for a rb. They had eight in the box , knew we wouldn't throw it deep.

Look CP , nice guy , fighter etc etc but he just doesn't get it done!
    Any top echelon qb drives for a FG at least with 2 mins left.

Dunk , dink , dunk dink its pathetic

9. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Good god...... HOw the hell is saying the team stinks an argument for the QB stinking???? Shouldn't that mean we should get better play out of the QB spot if we could!!!!!!!!!!

Clements needs to start. I don't need to see 3rd and 4th tier corners blowing up our wideouts and breaking on balls like we are playing against Baily and Hall are on the other side of the ball. It's ova!!!!!!

10. NEJets

NEJets Member

Because they put 11 people in the box, Your homo boy Chad can not thraw over 10 yards.

11. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

The time is now.... for the Mets to go on vacation.
    And the Jets can join soon after if they can't find a way to beat the Giants, Eagles, etc.

12. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

totaly agree

13. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

put down the craxk pipe and get your head out of chads lap people. he singlehandidly slows our offense down becasue know one respects the deep ball there is allways 6 men on the line every play becasue he doesnt scare people he cant htow to the side line and everytime he does i wqince will you chad lovers please realize he isnt or ever will be a super bowl type qb tyhat can win big games when we need ot pass and staretch the field

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ya know what's nuts? When Brian Griese was doing this kind of sh*t in Denver they watched him for about a half season and then they dumped him, big contract and all. They wound up with Jake Plummer as the replacement and that all did not work out so well but they recognized that Griese for all his pedigree and stats was not the answer and they acted decisively.

If I was Mangini I'd cut Chad tomorrow and throw it all up in the air. That's their shot at shoveling some gold nuggets out of the sh*tpile before the smell overwhelms us all and KO's the new regime.

15. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

Amen brotha'! Maybe the front office will figure this out too.

16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm not going to say that Chad is the main problem, because he isn't. The defensive play calling has been too poor for words to describe. It's been ridiculously conservative as it's rare to see a safety blitz or even our OLBs! Sutton needs to make some changes in play-calling or the FO needs to make some changes at Defensive coordinator.

As for Chad. 32/39 was a good performance. Whether it's the play-calling or just Chad, someone is way too unagressive. The offense revolves around hitting the check down guy out of the backfield or passing inside 7 yards on a lob pass to Cotchery or Coles. We threw down the field a few times and it was totally effective. So what do we do in the 2-minute offense when trying to tie up? Hit the check down guy and refuse to throw the ball deep or somewhat deep.

Plus, he threw two EXTREMELY costly picks late in the game. So I don't know if Chad is just hitting the check-down guy consistently or Schottenheimer is calling it, but until we know, I can't blame Chad completely even though his play has been somewhat mediocre...

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

How many times did we run the ball in the first half? We averaged more yards per carry today than the Bills did. Chad had all day to throw and just checked down all game. He made a couple of nice throws on the second TD drive but basically he was dumping the ball with no pressure all game. How are you going to run the ball when the D can keep the entire O in front of them 5 yards from the LOS on every down.

18. Thakeed25

Thakeed25 New Member

we aren't very good. Chad cannot put any fear into opposing defenses. They stack the box to where we cannot run and the short passes go for a minimal gain if any. And when chad does throw deep it usually takes 1o years to get there or he cannont make the throw.

19. Beamen

Beamen New Member

It's not even the deep ball, it's that he can't even work the intermediate (10-15 yard) passing game.... If you're a safety, why would you play at 12-15 yards from the LOS when the offense will throw that deep 3 o 4 times a game, tops, and when they do, the pass will be a looper, that you can break on easily?

They play up, in the box, stuff the run, and wrap up the receivers before they can get 5 yards downfield... It's really getting pathetic...

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

In the Belichickian coaching line, they call that a "Kosar." When the same thing happens by injury, it's called a "Bledsoe."

I would think that Mangini wouldn't hesitate, having seen it done successfully. Twice.