Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

There's like a million other threads on this.

2. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

To all the Chad Bashers

What the hell is the Qb got to do with an offense that misses chip shot field goals and nets under 65 yards rushing. You want to blame anyone blame no and I mean NO pass rush. And absolutely no offensive line. Until these 2 glaring problems are fixed it matters not who is our Qb.

3. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Yep its the O lines fault he checks down to the dump off every play every game every season..... trade him now , get a 2nd and a 4th and way we go!

4. pcmodem

pcmodem Member

The upside to CP was that he made good decisions. I didn't see all that many good decisions today. However, I dont think Clemmens is the answer. The answer is a defense that doesn't play 5 yards off the receiver no matter the circumstances and a D-line that atleast gets close without a blitzer.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I would not want to be the mod trying to thread all of this together. Maybe just tack it all onto the game thread? Would at least keep things in one place.

Damn I am pissed off at watching 3 yard lobs! Especially when you are driving for a tying FG instead of a GAME-WINNING TD. G'd'it.

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Actually, Chad is a better quarterback in the two minute offense. For a guy that (a) isn't fleet of foot, and (b) can't throw a stick pass 20 yards down, he does amazingly well when they KNOW we're passing. Give him another second of protection and I think we could have tied this game up.

7. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

For all you Chad lovers

Another example of why the Jets will never win with Chad as illustrated by today's game. 2 Interceptions and in the first half he threw a sideline pass that would have been complete if it would have had a little more zip on it. The bottom line is Chad does not have an NFL arm and when you need to throw a deep ball he won't because he knows it will get picked off. Notice he will only throw an intermediate pass if there is no defender within 5 ft of his receiver. That's it, I'm not watching anymore games. I'm tired of this dink and dunk offense. Clemens offers us the best chance of winning and I thought Mangini would have the balls to put him in with 2 minutes to go. Obviously I was wrong and Mangini has no balls. The bottom line is Chad is suited for a team with a top tier defense where he can manage ball control and thats it. I'm so angry right now I seriously hope we loose the remaining games so Mangini is forced to make a QB change. And for those of you who thinks that isn't fan like, tough. I have been a suffering Jet fan since the namath days and I know what to expect with Chad at the helm.

8. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

he actually completes too many passes in the 2 minute

keeps the clock going without picking up chunks of yards. if the first or second receiver isNT open, he shouldnt always check down, because they pick up jack shit, but lose time

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

this is exactly right my friend.......but the biggest joke that I keep hearing about gay chad is how his offensive line never gives him time....time to do what exactly????? all he needs is one second to dump the ball off.....

10. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Amen Amen Amen.

This is why I can barely come to this board anymore. People here will blame Chad for the Kennedy assassination, Pearl Harbor, and that motherfucker Glavine.

11. Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks Member

great post man, so many posters here are clueless.

12. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Chad threw for 290 yards with no run support and a porous offensive line and people want to shit can him . Wow just .......wow

13. boomer

boomer Active Member

Hey lets start another thead when there are already about 47 on this exact topic. Nice posting.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if Chad played good today or not. The situation we are in calls for us to go with Clemens and see what we got in him. 1-3 there is just too much to overcome to get a wildcard spot, especially with the tough schedule. If Clemens sh*ts the bed in his audition we could go QB in the draft.... And that's not being pesimistic that's being REALISTIC.

Chad is one of those guys who just could never put it all together

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Get your eyes off the stat-sheet and onto the field....

Chad did nothing to stretch the D, to get the safeties out of the box..... Chad gave his WRs no chance to run after the catch... Chad hung his guys out time after time.... Chad checked down almost EVERY play in the two minute drill....

He was so inept at picking up more than 5 or 6 yards through the air, that the DRAW became a staple of our 2-min offense, because it was just as good as anything we were going to get through the air, without the risk of a pick....

That says something

16. pcmodem

pcmodem Member

Yah, the problem is the offense cannot count on the defense for a stop...ever. Replacing offensive players is not the answer at this point. Scheme and coaching on the defense - now theres something that can be fixed

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Agree 100%, start Clemens now to have any chance at salvaging the season.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ya know I kind of agree with you. But then I think back to Pittsburgh in 2004 in the playoffs and two drives that ended in missed FG's while Chad was directing no TD drives at all during the game and I realize that he's just not a very good QB.

He's great at dinking and dunking and moving an offense but he's terrible at finishing and without the finishing he's like that cheerleader you used to date but could never get even a handjob off of.

19. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Again, another Chad fan in denial. 2 interceptions and failed miserably in the 2 minutes drill at the end. For crying out loud he will not throw a deep ball unless a defender is 10 ft away from him because he knows it takes around 20 seconds for a ball to get to the receiver. God, I'm so sick of Chad supporters. And by the way, if you subtract the TD caused by the interception, the jets let up a total of 10 pts.

20. They gave up one sack all game long and it was solely one player's error(Clement).

For the most part..the protection was there all day for Chad...the run blocking wasnt great(it never is) but pass protection wise...CP had plenty of time to at least step up in the pocket.