PURE RUMOR from Fox Sports - Chad in Chitown next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Speculation by poster: Chad to Chicago in Desperation Move?

Had to add the "speculation" since I haven't heard this as an actual rumor. In fact, I seriously doubt that Chicago wants to bring in a new QB to their system in Week 3. This is just for fun. I'm sure I'll get flamed nonetheless.

I'm a Chad guy for the season, but a KC guy for the future and I say that future starts in 2008. However, the Chicago Bears are about to bench Rex Grossman, and possibly for good. They made the Super Bowl last year. They have a similar team this year, but QB play is absolutely killing them. Based on the way they've stuck with Rex through his horrible play, I'm not sure they're confident using Brian Griese for the rest of this season.

What would we say if they came looking for Chad, knowing that we have a backup/QB of the future ready to step in, and knowing that Chad possesses all of the qualities that are sorely lacking in Rex Grossman? He's a QB who could achieve great success with that supporting cast. Would you make that trade, and if so, what would you take for him?

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Sure I'd be willing to trade Chad, but unless I misread what you were saying, I don't see what we'd be getting back in the trade.

Not that it matters at all because it's not even a rumor, but sure I'd be willing to listen.

3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Their 1st and 2nd rounder

4. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Chad would probably do well there. Since he would most likely be their starter for a couple years I wouldn't take less than a 1st.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd make the trade if it came up and I'd be looking for Josh Beekman and their 1st rounder next year.

6. ........

........ Trolls

I was asking what people would take for him. I'd need a 1st, probably with an extra pick (early 2nd day) or a player thrown in.

We wouldn't get Josh Beekman, in response to that post. The Bears would be left with zero depth on their line.

7. Chadwick81

Chadwick81 New Member

If you could get a 3rd round pick from any NFL team for Chad Pennington, you jump on that and don't look back.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Lance Briggs and a 4th Rounder in 2008.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

If we could get their late first rounder, I would be ecstatic. I'd settle for a 2nd and be happy. For some other teams who I don't think will make the playoffs, I'd take a 3rd.

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Yeah if they could get a 2nd rounder for Pennington I would trade him. The future is Clemens regardless and Chad makes a lot of money. The cap hit would probably be awful.

I doubt Tannenbaum/Mangini would trade their starting quarterback at this point in the season. If we were 0-4 that's a different story.

I think they'll trade him this offseason to Minnesota. Just my opinion.

11. ........

........ Trolls

Where would you put Lance Briggs in a 3-4?

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Silliness, for all the complaining we have here about Chad, he is 1000x better than the options in Chicago, I can even go the step forward that if they had him they would probably be a SB team, not so much because of how good Chad is, but he is that much better than Rexy

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

In Hobson's place at OLB.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Then make the trade Chad and Adrien Clarke for Beekman and the 1st rounder. If the Bears wouldn't take Clarke as their backup guard then he has no business starting for us.

15. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

So if we get rid of Chad this offseason who do we look to to be our backup? I could see Chad restructuring (yet again) to backup Clemens and eventually retire as a Jet.

16. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

if it is for a 1st and 2nd, finding a backup won't be hard

17. ........

........ Trolls

He's an upgrade, but a bit small and expensive for me to make that move.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That's even crazier than the ideas of getting 1st rd ++ picks

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I say we trade IgnatiusJReilly, champ and FOURTHANDLONG to Chicago for the SuperFan heart attack guy, a miniature Ditka and the old man singer from the Blues Brothers.

20. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

There is little doubt if Chad was traded to the Bears, Ravens, possibly Vikes, he would lead them into the playoffs and probably a SB. Regardless of his arm strength and contrary to popular belief, he is capable of putting points up the board and of course his strength is not losing the game for you. Unless we get deep into the playoffs, highly doubtful cause of the defense, Chad will garner quite a bit of attention from certain teams, but I do not see any club giving anything higher than a 2nd round pick becuase of his history of injuries.