Bills Injuries and Next Week

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan2004, Sep 23, 2007.

1. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

This game should be a blowout. I know that Buffalo is usually tough, but their top two corners (Youbouty and McGee-also their KO returner) are banged up, they were listed as questionable last week. Their third corner (J. Webster) is on IR. Starting SS Ko Simpson-IR

Their LB's are a mess. After losing Fletcher and Spikes in the offseason, they moved Coy Wire to LB to start with Posluzny and Keith Ellison. Wire is now on IR. Posluzny just broke his forearm-out for the year. Ellison is out also.

DE Ryan Denney is out til week 7

Buffalo has been absolutely destroyed by injury this year. On offense, Losman-out, Guard Jason Whittle-IR, WR Josh Reed-banged up.

I know they're usually tough, but they just don't have any players left, especcially on defense.

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

That's a joke, right?

3. sect105

sect105 New Member

I will not go out on a limb and say that the JETS are going to win this game but they should. Buffalo lost a lot of talent in the off season, and have been so injury depleted thus far. I really thought they would use the Elliott injury as a rallying cry, but they have just looked so awful.

One thing I do not like about this game is that this is thier first home game since Elloitt's injury, so maybe that inspires them to circle the wagons.

The Jets have not played a consistent full game yet.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I refuse to go into a game thinking it would be an easy win. The Bills are a division rival and anyone that expects them to lie down and take it in the pooper is crazy.

Also one thing is pretty obvious is, even if the game is not close the Jets somehow will figure out a way to give us a heart attack. Sundays game should have been a cake walk but somehow the Jets almost managed to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory.

Anyway on offense the Bills have a better line than the Fins and more/better weapons. With our defense I hope Pennington can score some points or at the very least the coaches can scheme their way to get the defense to have a good game. If I was a betting man I would think the former is more achievable.

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

yeah, there would have been at least 1 jet reciever with a concussion because he likes to tackle helmet to helmet. zacks a dirty bitch...

6. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

langston walker will be taunting me throughout the game too...i forgot about that.

the bills at orchard park is always a tough game, no matter the talent disparity or records they are usually hard fought games.

we need more david harris too...

7. ........

........ Trolls

I definitely don't like to see Edwards and Lynch in the backfield right now. I'm a Stanford alum, so I watched most of Trent's games in college. He was playing behind a terrible line that left him subject to some nasty hits, zero running game, and with a defense that constantly forced him to play from behind. Despite that, he had some very strong games and has great tools.

As for Lynch, as you can imagine, I hate him unequivocally. I was hoping he'd be drafted out of the division, but no such luck. He's probably the most passionate RB we're going to see this season and will do everything he can to win, including taking the team on his back. He requires strong, sure tackling, because he's particularly adept at gaining yards after the initial hit and dragging defenders if they'll let him. Not a good sign.

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

JP Losman, Paul Posluszny OUT

The game against the sorry sap Bills just got easier. Losman is out for 2 wks and Paul Posluszny is out for the yr. The jets should easily be able to force a pick or 2 on this backup QB Nall. And our offense should be able to move the ball a little easier as well. If we lose this game there are to be no excuses, the Bills have looked HORRIBLE, that's why they are 0-3, and with the injuries, the Jets should have no problems going into Orchard Park and winning.

:buffaloblows:
    .500 here we come.

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

the back up isnt Nall, it's Trent Edwards...

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ill shoot myself in the foot if we lose

actually, I'll let one of you guys do it. Thats how sure I am that we will win this game

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Craig Nall will not be the starter for the game, it will be Trent Edwards.

And, for that matter, why on earth would I concern myself if it were JP Losman starting?!

It's Buffalo's DEFENSIVE injuries that have caused their awful start. That's not going to change or get any better.

12. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

you realize we made kyle boller look good right? unless we get a pass rush going this week turnovers wont be happening. i mean through 3 games this season we have 1 forced turnover. and kyle boller and trent green were the starting QBs for 2 of our games...trent green that threw 4 picks the week before and boller who sucks HUGE balls...

13. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Paul Posluzny out for the season.

Good news for us.

14. wojo2024

wojo2024 New Member

Coming from an actual smart Bills fan (yes they DO exist) you guys should be more worried about Trent Edwards over JP losman if he was starting, Trent can get rid of the ball, he reminds me a lot of Tom Brady, with his ability to just take what the defense gives him, and then takes a shot here or there when available.

Lynch will be your toughest task, slow down our run game, you stop the Bills, because Trent, with his first career start, will need the help of a good run game.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Go out on the limb, it's safe. If the Jets lose you'll have 90% of the Jets fans out there with you waiting in line to jump.

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Well be ready no matter who plays for them

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Just glad it's not Nall. Would be a tough gig for me to root against a Claymores legend. :sad:

18. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

As long as we are only worried about OUR players and their performance we will be fine. Being as objective as possible I would say that the only way we lose this game is if we straight up self-destruct.

19. The_Bills_R_Due

The_Bills_R_Due New Member

As a Bills fan who has watched the first 3 painful games, I can tell you this:
    The Jets SHOULD win this game. As previously mentioned, Buffalo is soooo decimated by injuries, significant injuries to starters. The offensive playcalling has been atrocious and ridiculously conservative. Lynch is being under-utilized and Losman has not completed a pass over 22 yards this season. Now you get to deal with a rookie QB that everyone has been begging for. The fault is not in the QB play, but rather our atrocious offensive playcalling. The defense is either last in the league, or next to last (due to the injuries). This may have been a competitive team if all of our parts were still intact, but this is a very bad team right now. So bad, that I in fact will not drive to the bar n grill this Sunday to watch (the first time in a while).

20. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Aww man c'mon. Support the team!