Chads rush td and funky celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYMagpies, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Fair enough... right now I'm not going to hold my breath though. This team has a long way to go.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I thought Chad moved well to his left. On one play in the 3rd quarter, on 3rd and 16, he ran left, threw back across his body on the run and hit Coles in stride for a big first down. I also think he managed the clock perfectly on the drive at the end of the half and both TDs in the red zone were perfect. Couldn't have been picked off, only caught for TDs.

3. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Never said wins don't matter.

Completions matter a heck of alot less then YPA which Chad is one of the lowest in the league at, despite having the 3rd highest completion %.

Touchdowns matter but Touchdown %(a prime component of the QB rating formula) doesn't matter . It punishes QBs who lead their teams down the field and run it in near the goal line and rewards QBs who always throw near the goal line.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

two games.

and i dont hate penny im just not going to think his shit smells like roses. my overall point is people can talk about all they want about qb rating and accuracy and intangibles but if he cant have a decent td to INT ratio than the whole smart qb and game manager positives go down the shitter.

im not rooting for him to fail. i said what i said because someone tried to make it sound like chad pennington lit it up last year.

thats it. i hope he does amazing, why cuz im a jets fan.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

its more like 3 TDs against a pretty good Miami D....3 games is hardly a measuring stick for how good these teams really are

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

No worries... he's off to a good start considering the shambles some of the rest of the team is in.

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

I think we've got a fairly good idea. They gave up 16 points to a pathetic Redskins offense. 37 points to a good Cowboys offense and 31 points to a mediocre Jets offense. They're a pretty bad defense.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Oh I see, a winner wins but then you refute the fact that Chad wins more than he loses, by basing his game on meaningless stats. And just to prove that you don't have a clue of what you are talking about you bring up Qbs that outside of McNabb haven't won a single playoff game between them. You are as ridiculous as they come..

9. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Miami's D is as horrible as our Offensive and Defensive lines. We can measure our team when we play fairly decent teams after the buffalo game. You don't think we can use the Pats and Ravens game as a measuring stick of where we need to be by seasons end to compete with the big boys?

10. Italian Seafood

I'm truly amazed that this is what people are spending their time posting about after a game like yesterday. I realize TGG, and sports boards in general, are meccas of negativity, but geez, can we at least bitch about our run defense? Or defense in general? There's plenty to bitch about for real if you want to bitch, I'd say QB has been the least of our problems in all three games.

11. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Thats what I posted and I was called the President of the CP fan club :lol: I thought this might have been a humorous thread but the BS rears it's ugly head again.

12. 3rdAnd15Draw

Well, I think it comes down to the fact that our defense is so far beyond the pale that there's not going to be any solution found this season. Where as we have a QB sitting on the bench that some people are excited to see what he can do.

13. Italian Seafood

I'd say there's a lot more to discuss than hoping for a QB change that just isn't going to happen. We went through this all last season, people actually wanting us to lose and be out of it so they could get a look at Clemens. Good thing that didn't happen. I'm excited about Clemens down the road too, but all in due time. Chad is a winner and a fighter, there is no reason at all to bench him. Given Chad's injury history, Clemens is going to get his chances, no need to keep beating this issue into the ground.

14. ........

........ Trolls

I had a post a few weeks back in which I broke down those 16 INTs. Not all INTs are created equal. Chad played better in games when he held a close lead than Peyton Manning. The numbers back that up. The problem with this team isn't Chad, it's the defense. As far as those 3 games you mentioned, he had 4 TDs and 4 INTs in those games. His best games were the wins @Ten to open the season and against Oakland to close. He had great numbers in the first and guided the offense well in the second. I'd much rather have him throw for 150 yards and protect the game than put up great numbers like he did in the first NE game and give up a costly pick.

15. Italian Seafood

Numbers are for losers, especially passing numbers. You have to watch and understand the game to see what is going on. Just look at how we came down the field in 1:26 yesterday at the end of the half and scored with :02 left. That's good coaching and a quality QB to execute it and that's how you win. The Chad haters can keep their numbers and their Punt, Pass and Kick winners, I'll take that every time.

16. ........

........ Trolls

You said it yourself: MOST of the time, a team wants its future franchise QB on the field in year 1 or 2. The condition for that strategy lies in a QB who has proven he can't carry the team, and a stopgap solution fills in for the year while the young QB develops. The Jets are an entirely different situation. Kellen was drafted when it was unclear whether Chad would ever play again, or play well. The staff didn't draft a Leinart or a Cutler because they knew Kellen would take a bit longer to develop and they were ok with that. Now that Chad has shown that he can play nearly as well as he did before, it's an ideal situation for Kellen to keep learning and get a bit of PT before coming in to start in year 3. Why in the world would you complain that we have 2 QBs who can start, one this year and one for the future?

The team isn't going to win anything this year or next. You get great value (comparatively...still not a big fan of trading for uncertain draft picks) for Chad if he comes off another strong season (which has already begun), and Kellen comes in to start year 3. If he falters, you have a great reason to bring in Clemens without pissing off ANYBODY. Right now, you bring in Chad and you will have some members of the team, etc upset. Clemens has a better chance of success with a better team around him and a full TC before having to start. If we see what he has and he doesn't work out, you have a chance to draft a franchise QB because you've taken that extra year to fill in the other holes on the team. I really don't see how you can argue a benefit to bringing Kellen in right away unless:

A) You think the team is talented to win a SB next year.
    B) You want to trade CP away for a 7th rounder when everyone knows you have no faith in him.
    C) You are impatient and have no ability to consider future reward.
    D) You know nothing about football.

So, which one is it?

17. Italian Seafood

I guess D.

18. ........

........ Trolls

I agree, but people are numbers hungry. If the numbers are understood properly, however, they actually build a stronger case for a QB like Chad.

Phillip Rivers had good numbers against Green Bay. He also threw the pick that cost them a chance to win that game. Again, I'd rather have the QB who executes well.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

6.8 YPA is middle of the pack. However, coupled with a High Completion %, and playing Mistake free, thats a formula for winning football games.

Oh, and btw his career YPA is 7.2, which is .2 less than Carson Palmer....fcol.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Exactly...tell me how good New Englands defense looked when he came in, ON ONE FOOT, and with no running game, and Carved it up like soft butter....